Author Topic: [TC] [OXCE] [WIP] - OXC FACTIONS ( AKA Alien Civil War)  (Read 76010 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: [TC] [OXCE] [WIP] - OXC FACTIONS ( AKA Alien Civil War)
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2019, 01:27:04 pm »
Savage Crawlers are ready to hunt down anyone who enters the WasteLands

Update: Have added the first Savages into the game
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 02:30:09 pm by luke83 »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2019, 07:36:35 pm »
### FACTION SHOWCASE ###

Working with Luke83 on the Savage Faction, this time more weapons!

Yesterday we finished the first weapons that the Savages will use in their travels in War Rigs through the desolate wasteland. Some weapons are theirs (like the huge melee weapons), others are stolen from other factions. Mostly focused on close combat. The mythical Thundersticks, inspired by those used by the War Boys in Mad Max Fury Road, could not be missing.

In addition, a new member joins the faction: Muton Savage, a deserter from the ranks of the Ethereal who joined this band of raiders and pillagers to travel eternally and devastate everything in their path. There will be two types of Mutons in the faction, the leaders (like the one shown here), who will have armor and the pawns, who have no additional protection. (sprites modified from Muton Berserker, from XenoOps mod, by XOps)

We finished the alienDeployments of the War Rigs shown by Luke a couple of weeks ago, so the enemies mounted on them will use the Savage faction armament.

Don't forget to join us at the Inventorum Development Team Discord server! We post updates regularly
https://discord.gg/DaQREsP

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2019, 08:29:10 am »
I better post this here also i guess, so i have built some basic mission scripts to get my head around how the data works for them, now i am happy i have enough to start the game, i better get back to my increasing Tech Tree :P

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2019, 12:19:31 pm »
Working on another map set for my game, still very early days :P

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2019, 09:13:17 am »
I like it!  :D

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2019, 01:30:04 pm »
I like it!  :D

Glad you like it David, its still a work in progress but its coming along.

Most of the buildings are still empty and i need to make more variations to the water but its coming along.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 01:44:56 pm by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2019, 09:31:25 pm »
Been working on Mission Spawning the last few weeks and when needed tweaking maps to suit the missions, below is another improvised Human Settlement in this crazy old post apocalyptic world.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 02:46:15 am by luke83 »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2019, 05:55:18 am »
### FACTION SHOWCASE ###

New weapons on OXC Factions! This time, from the human traitor faction, the Inheritors. Those are the descendants of the Government officers, politicians and military personnel  that signed the pacts with the aliens on the First Alien War, thus inheriting the Earth. At least, on the eyes of their supporters, the Ethereals.

Their unique equipment is composed of high-tech prototypes from the late 20th Century and early 21th Century, just before the First Alien War. It has far more quality than those weapons fielded by other factions, but are rather scarce. Also, they like to deploy specially modified one-wielded weapons and ballistic shields on their shock troopers.

Also, you can see the first Inheritor weapons introduced on OXC Factions, from left to right:

CAR-15 carbine
Vz-98 CQB compact carbine
SIG Sauer MP-X submachine gun
FN SCAR CQB compact assault rifle
IWI MTAR-21 Tavor carbine
H&K G11 caseless rifle
H&K XM29 OICW
Titanium shield (sprite drawn by Nord)

Inheritor Cargo Transport by Luke83
Weapons sprites and codes by efrenespartano
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 06:03:02 am by efrenespartano »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2019, 11:37:41 am »
When i started this mapset, it was suppose to be a Human Snow settlement but somehow i got distracted and made it another type of ALien base..... Anyway, i will try again this weekend to build this Human Snow settlement  :P

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2019, 09:44:18 pm »
Testing of the new (junk) weapons! Those weapons are commonly found over the battlefield, are used by the many scattered civilian (human and alien alike) to defend themselves from pillagers and robbers!

As you can see in the pic with our friend The Reaver of Darkness, the list of new weapons are, from left to right:

"Glock" Pistol, calibrated in 9mm. Actually, it is very likely that this is not a weapon made by Glock Ges.m.b.H, not even close, but the word glock is closely associated in the minds of the inhabitants of the wasteland with a handgun of high quality and reliability. And it is, it is very effective.

Nail Gun, uses concrete nails as ammunition. Equipped with a high capacity drum and firing industrial concrete nails (a very easy to find and made ammo), this close range weapon has a wooden stock attached with some duct tape to increase the stability of the aiming.

Lead Pipe, is used both as a melee weapon and in crafting recipes, to make new weapons and explosives! Doesn't kills, but can stun an enemy if hitted hard enough!

Tire Iron, basically a tire iron. Boring, but easy to find and use.

Knife, with a knuckle attached to it. Never go out home without your trusty knife. ;)

Hatchet, now instead of just cutting down trees, cuts out enemy skulls!

Pipe Wrench, believe it or not, this tool hits very hard. Plus, helps you with your plumbing job. Broken baths? not a problem!

Machete. Kills. A lot. (Approved by Danny Trejo)

Baseball Bat, capable of making a home run with the extremities of the enemy, it can easily knock out an enemy. Fast, light and forceful make this a special weapon.

Sledgehammer, Whether you use it to demolish houses or annihilate enemies, this heavy hammer requires both hands to use it. It is very slow and heavy, making it difficult to hit with it, but if you strike a blow you annihilate the enemy and cause a large number of wounds.

As always with our projects at the IDT, unique handObs and floorObs were made for each weapon!

Keep tuned with the latest news at the Inventorum Development Team Discord server!
https://discord.gg/DaQREsP

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2019, 11:13:08 am »
this is how NOT to play xcom....this is some testing that went wrong :)

Offline Docent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 29, 2019, 12:05:18 pm »
Thank you for 5 minutes of positive emotions :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2019, 11:50:23 am »
Been Recycling Vanilla mapsets into new things again this week, this Grunge set has been altered to become my Gillman Kingdom base , the video below was my  testing it ( only a few issues left now to fix)

Update, now its fixed :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 12:04:06 am by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2019, 09:41:07 pm »
Other than some bug fixes, this weekend i gave the civilians the ability to defend them selves and Added some Robots for the Mech-Army.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2019, 08:49:56 pm »
New post update!

We have added the initial interceptor crafts in the mod. Initially, you will be equipped with the Harrier VTOL jump jet, perfect to be deployed from the underground base. It is not the most resistant aircraft, but it is an indispensable element for the Resistance in the initial stages of the campaign.

Also, after some research and recovery missions, we will be able to rebuild the A-10 Warthog. A powerful attack aircraft, highly armored and with a lot of firepower. It is slow and short-range, but it can withstand extensive punishment before being shot down.