Author Topic: Community Extended LOFTEMPS  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Community Extended LOFTEMPS
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 02:59:01 pm »
I'm thinkin if someone makes a Content-object... and say it looks like a fence on the east or south side
maybe the adjacent N or W wallslot is used for something else or is on the edge of a Map but you/me/etc wants a fence there just for aesthetic/pseudo-realism

Yeah, it's totally possible. It's just something a modder decides whether they need it or not. I can't really see much interest TBH.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 11:58:06 pm »
kk

my opinion? I've always felt that the LoFts were a bit limiting... but im not a great mapmaker or anything like that. However, before any mission I go over the terrainset and do tweaks and fixes as i see fit.

I'm surprised at how 'comfortable' Finnik's additions are at present. And since the LoFTset can have up to 256 entries, and with the extended LoFTs its only at ~140/150, then as long as the stock lofts stay the same (backward compatible) i don't see why not ...

(but leave the last 50..100 entries blank to allow for any serious customization by individuals, i spose)

... Here's something I'd like to see though: before adding the extended LoFTs, add the two extra lofts from TFTD. Then add the extensions. This way the templates for UFO and TFTD are bongo.

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2021, 10:12:22 pm »

... Here's something I'd like to see though: before adding the extended LoFTs, add the two extra lofts from TFTD. Then add the extensions. This way the templates for UFO and TFTD are bongo.

Oh, i did it, and they use the same numbers as TFTD. So you can say we are extending TFTD LOFT file here =)

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 10:25:34 pm »
kk  :)