aliens

Author Topic: Sharing Is Caring (Contributions)  (Read 16219 times)

Offline SuperCaffeineDude

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • supercaffeinedude
Sharing Is Caring (Contributions)
« on: October 21, 2018, 08:41:06 pm »
Hi let me start a mini contribution thread to the 40k mod, others feel free to add to it

Here's some bits, as I've said on other threads I'm pretty fickle, so here's some bits I've done for T'au and the Imp, which I may add to at a later date, feel free to make use of them or not

A lot of fan-art has quite errotic T'au females with breasts, I've always found that a bit bizarre that female aliens would host distinctly human-like female features, I think I've read that they are from a dry planet, but they're also obviously based on Japanese culture, so I've tried to give them that look.
This was made for civilians but I'm hoping I (or someone else) will use these for Pathfinder and Fire-Warrior armors

I also have set aside a Laptop with External Servo-Core (AI is heresy) a data-slate (floppy-disk) and data-reader (kindle), a primitive demo-charge, amosec(??), and a holy aquila staff

As I said feel free to use or add to this thread, cheers!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Sharing Is Caring (Contributions)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 08:56:56 pm »
Woo, some Tau peasants to genocide cleanse! Great stuff!

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 01:45:38 am »
Small contribution teaser.... +++ REPENT HERETIC, AND REDEEM YOURSELF FOR THE EMPEROR! +++

Edit 2: Away with tanned grandpa look. Added couple tools for use. slowly there...
Edit 3: More inventory dolls  +  melee stuff.. just a think tank, throwable spears and melee?... maybe not doable in oxc.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 04:38:30 pm »
looking good , i got lose some time with tau by this point.
Ryskeliini do we still get points for guessing  ::)

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 10:51:11 pm »
No points anymore D: ... its allready too obivious,well atleast it should be :P ... also.

"pick up that can" guy. still in conceptual state.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 02:20:32 am by Ryskeliini »

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 01:04:05 am »
So the fifth male doll... what it should be like ... lets take a vote maybe? basically rest of the 5 wemmins will be the opposite sprites of these dolls. (eg. mutant male will be a fugly mutant hag and so on) .... so ideas for for dolls are.

1. OH GOD IM GONNA DIE, PLS SAVE ME EMPEROR doll ... (basically a sprite doll in on its knees laying in ground, making "platoon" movie pose, hands raised to heavens and praising for forgiveness) (weakling type)
2.  Ork imposter ega Digganob doll ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y29aGTbg62A ) (weakling subhuman, painted in green)
3.  Psyker doll (pff)
4.  furry. (well... look at some of it in wiki).
5. Your choise?

oh gawd... more i look into this lore, it get complicated.. i mean by kamikaze units @ old rogue trader.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 01:37:06 am »
I vote for a Hardboiled Ratling!

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 02:56:58 am »
not bad, but how do you make it as battlesprite? :D ... edit: maybe i could use sectoid as a base and draw to that... prolly would look hilarious when its holding a gun, whole upper torso filled with weapon sprite :3 ....

Any-hoo, small update again in doll spirtes. Maybe ill make a female version too and stop making those arbi..*cough*.. Also added the "motivational batong"

edit: 2 .... additional doll uprages and a guy "oh  my emperor i lost my library card and now im senteced to penal legiion oh gawd!" guy.

+ ratlings in progress too... maybe someday as a hired guys.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:00:36 am by Ryskeliini »

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 09:46:22 pm »
Hello gentlemen, I`d like to contribute too even my skills are not even nearly as good as yours.

Can you please advise on the format/dimensions/color etc constraints that the game can use? Although I`m not as good with graphics, but I can still cut, combine and recolor existing pictures.

At the moment these are the projects that I have in mind to do:
- Master Crafted Heavy Bolter (If it is needed at all)
- Terminator Apothecary Armor
- Terminator Librarian Armor
- Tanith First and Only`s Chameleonile cloak as an armor
- Word Bearer Dark Apostle
- Word Bearer Possessed

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 11:39:47 pm »
Hi Lord Flasheart, glad to hear you want to contribute! The biggest thing for formatting the images is going to be using the palettes that are required by the game engine. Next is that we try to use all PNG files for images since those cause the least issue with compatibility between operating systems. Each art asset has to be indexed 256 colors, with one of the following palettes based on where it is used in the game:
  • Battlescape: Unit sprites, map tiles, sprites for items on the floor or in units' hands.
  • Battlescape, not using the last 16 colors: Weapon inventory sprites and 'paperdolls' for the inventory images of armors.
  • Geoscape: Globe textures, markers, and interception window images of craft.
  • Basescape: Base facilities, sprites for crafts in hangars, armor/HWP previews in the craft equipment screen, most of the codex articles' background images.
You can download the palettes as PAL files for photoshop and many other programs here, as GPL format for using GIMP (my preferred image editor) here, or as JASC format from the common/Palettes folder from your OXCE installation.

The image size also depends on what type of thing you're drawing. For the things on your list, you'd have:
  • MC Heavy Bolter: Inventory sprite - 32x48 px, Hand sprite - 8 32x40 px frames, one for each direction, Floor sprite - 32x40 px
  • Terminator Apothecary: Inventory sprite - 320x200 px, Unit sprite - many 32x40 frames
  • Other Armors: see Apothecary
  • Other Units: done as armors, see Apothecary

The easiest method to start out would be to pick a base image from the mod to change, as it already has the proper size, shape, and palette, then change it a little in your editor and see if it works in-game. For example, take the Terminator Armor inventory image, save the unaltered version somewhere as a backup, copy some Apothecary bits onto it, export over the original file, then check in-game how it looks. If you have trouble with some of the specifics of the formatting, feel free to contact me and we can work it out.

As for the usefulness of the MC heavy bolter, I feel that it might disrupt the balance of the higher-power AP weapons, as with MC bolts it might overshadow the Assault Cannon, a Terminator-level weapon, or the IG's autocannons, which should be their best long-range AP weapon.

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 08:41:14 am »
First version of the Terminator Apothecary Inventory picture.

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 11:55:47 pm »
reee-ally small update... i plan to release arbites later on next week, inculding:

2x dolls (male/female)
battlesprites
weapons (3-4)

Maybe section:
Additional sounds
Cyber-Mastiffs

Usually i have very limited time to make graphics (basically half day from whole week) .. but now im on 9 days vacation, so lets see if i can finish what i started mainly :3 (if i dont get distracted)

PS: i friggin hate makeing human anatomy in pixels :P
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 12:00:07 am by Ryskeliini »

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 06:54:34 am »
So far so good. I still need a codex picture and a miniature picture for the unit preview.

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 02:12:47 am »
My concept for the Tanith camo cloak. The shawl thingy still needs some serious work but I`m not skilled enough for that.

Offline Anon011

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 01:44:02 pm »
Looking really good Lord Flasheart!