Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][WIP] The Great War of the Worlds | v1.0 Mk. V Attrition  (Read 84518 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] The Great War of the Worlds
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2019, 04:30:02 pm »
The Road to v0.1 Mk I

News update!

Last week, Luke 83 and I were working on the Tripods, one of the most important parts of the project. He made the maps and I the rulesets, plus some balancing.

We present to you two of the most abundant Walkers:

1.- Recon Walker Squad: team of three tripods, specialized in missions of deep recon and intel gathering. These are the Martian Fighting Machines that caused havoc in London in 1896.

2.- Assault Walker: tripod specialized in urban and close combat. Fast and small enough to pass between buildings with no problem of getting stuck. Its crew also use short-range weapons.

Keep tuned for further updates!

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2019, 04:46:32 pm »
They are too cute!

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2019, 07:31:45 pm »
They are too cute!
I know! Luke83 made a superb work with them!

The Road to v0.1 Mk I

News update!

Can you imagine a WW1 without zeppelins? I can not!

The German Imperial Navy puts at your disposal the most effective airship design of the forces of humanity: L30 Airship.

Belonging to the R-Class Super Zeppelin, it is capable of transporting a large arsenal, with hardpoints for machine guns, light cannons and bombs.

It can transport a total of 12 soldiers (5 pilots and 7 infantry soldiers), its great autonomy allows it to be in the air for a long time.

You can face the Martian Fighting Machines without much trouble, but the small and agile Flying Machines will give you many problems.

I made a map quickly, in order to deploy soldiers. The boxes they see in the middle are the weapons and ammunition left by the zeppelin before returning to safer heights (the tile where the weapons are is right in the middle of the boxes).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2019, 04:11:20 am »
Why the Zepp on the picture has non-German markings?

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2019, 07:56:55 am »
Why the Zepp on the picture has non-German markings?
Well, tecnically is part of the German Imperial Navy, but the Royal Navy also uses it (at least in the lore of the mod)

I'm thinking about changing the name of the craft to "R-Class Zeppelin", which could be more accurate, as L30 was a unique airship, not the whole class.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2019, 06:04:19 pm »
Hello there!

I have not had much time to work on mods, I was recently recommended a new job and between this and the school I have almost no free time.

I present two things to you: pilots! and aerial combat!

I'm still testing the weapons, but at least the Twin HMG and the 20mm Autocannon work wonders. The new starting interceptor, the SPAD XIII works very good too! I boosted it's real stats, because the original combat range sucks, it was almost useless. The Martian Flying Machines have shields, but enough concentrated fire will lower them.

I'm doing tests to balance the number of shields points with the protection of these against the various initial weapons.

On the other hand, I made a pilot paperdoll inspired by the allied pilots of BF1. It is not 100% accurate, but I liked it. Although I did not have time to sit down to work on a PC, I was able to advance something on my Android phone.

Using as a reference the work of Hobbes in TechComm and that of Solarius Scorch in The X-Com Files as well as the Bible-Ruleset Reference, I am slowly doing the missions of the campaign. I must admit that it is more complex than I expected, but I hope it is worth the delay caused by the campaign

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 10:40:05 am by efrenespartano »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2019, 12:05:35 am »
***SNEAK PEAK***

Last night was  the first night in over a month that i have had time to do any Mods, as such here is a sneak peak at the new Trenches maps that will be found in this great mod. Note: I have been building/testing these in my Factions mods so take no notice of the aliens and weapons used ::)

Offline SG_Barton

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2019, 07:29:38 am »
Oh boy, I look at these cards, models, weapons, and units, and my mouth drools from all this. Can't wait to put paws there and play to the holes. :)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2019, 09:43:00 am »
Oh boy, I look at these cards, models, weapons, and units, and my mouth drools from all this. Can't wait to put paws there and play to the holes. :)
Thank you for such nice words, SG_Barton! ;D

Real life has distanced us a bit from modding, but I assure you that this project is still firmly in development. As is the usual in this forum, feel free to make suggestions, ask us questions and comments. We are pleased to answer them. :D

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2019, 05:30:44 pm »
The Road to v0.1 Mk I

News update!

I'm about to finish the new missionZones in America, Europe and Australia. By the moment, only that regions will be available to play. You can set your base anywhere, but you will lose all the action. Also I'm finishing some additional campaign missions I added.

Question: what are the use of missionZones 0, 1 & 2? I know that MZ 3 are for terror sites, MZ 4 for alien bases and MZ 5 for get in/out the atmosphere.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:03:43 am by efrenespartano »

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2019, 08:22:01 pm »
I know your project is still mostly in the pre-alpha phase at this point, but how about a sneakpeek for those of us that like to scavenge resources?  I'd love to add some new aliens to my playthrough!

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2019, 12:02:56 am »
I know your project is still mostly in the pre-alpha phase at this point, but how about a sneakpeek for those of us that like to scavenge resources?  I'd love to add some new aliens to my playthrough!

Seems legit! Since a couple of weeks we have human weapons and martian weapons plus enemies functional, so it would not be difficult to separate those parts of the project and launch them separately. It would be useful to test and balance them, for the full release.

As soon as I finish my exams at the university (that is, tomorrow), I will launch an early-alpha test. ;)

P.S. My favorite thing about new mods is when they have new sprites, weapons and crafts. I like to scavenge too. ;D

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2019, 03:24:14 pm »
I know your project is still mostly in the pre-alpha phase at this point, but how about a sneakpeek for those of us that like to scavenge resources?

At your suggestion chaosshade, TGWotW v0.1 Mk I Alpha in now released :D

I didn't delete all of the vanilla stuff, so (theorically) could be played with most mods. Please, check it out and see what do you like, all sprites all free to use! :)

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TC] [WIP] [OXCE] The Great War of the Worlds
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2019, 07:22:45 pm »
 :)  :)  :)
Thank you very much !

The start is good.
It's very promising!
But the UFOpedia consultation causes game crashes if we try to read some articles!
I guess you know that, so I won't bother you with these mistakes.
I keep going and I'll try not to look at the UFOpedia!

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TC] [WIP] [OXCE] The Great War of the Worlds
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2019, 07:57:00 pm »
:)  :)  :)
Thank you very much !

The start is good.
It's very promising!
But the UFOpedia consultation causes game crashes if we try to read some articles!
I guess you know that, so I won't bother you with these mistakes.
I keep going and I'll try not to look at the UFOpedia!
Thank you, BlackStaff, for being part of this project. :)

Oh, don't hesitate to give us feedback! Anything, from the major crash to the minor "I think this gun is OP" style suggestion is useful. ;D

What UFOPedia pages crashed?