Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 446015 times)

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #1050 on: April 28, 2022, 06:47:42 pm »
Oh, I see, thx

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1051 on: May 05, 2022, 01:21:21 am »
How to disable the option to kill prisoners? I was unaware of its addition/existence until someone brought that up on XPZ channel randomly.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 05, 2022, 10:50:14 am »
How to disable the option to kill prisoners? I was unaware of its addition/existence until someone brought that up on XPZ channel randomly.

1/ If you mean in the Alien Containment GUI, there is no option for it, it was always like that (since 12th October 2013 when the Alien Containment GUI was added).
Even though it doesn't say it explicitly, the "Remove" button does kill the alien and puts its corpse into general stores, both in OXC and OXCE.

3 years ago (29th April 2019), I have added some more checks when removing/killing the aliens: the corpse is not generated if the corpse item has either `recover: false` or `recoverCorpse: false`.
So you could use that, but it will affect also the recovery from the battlefield, not only from the alien containment and from the interrogation.

2/ If you mean after Interrogation, then there is an option called "Retain interrogated aliens".

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1053 on: May 05, 2022, 05:11:33 pm »
1/ If you mean in the Alien Containment GUI, there is no option for it, it was always like that (since 12th October 2013 when the Alien Containment GUI was added).
Even though it doesn't say it explicitly, the "Remove" button does kill the alien and puts its corpse into general stores, both in OXC and OXCE.

Yes I mean that, or more precisely situation when you have no prison space at all (or so it seems?), and the button says explicitly "Kill" (it's along sale and transfer buttons). However I think I can handle it mod-side... I just need to know when precisely this option appears, and when it doesn't - if you have normal prison overflow, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 05, 2022, 05:35:50 pm »
Yes I mean that, or more precisely situation when you have no prison space at all (or so it seems?), and the button says explicitly "Kill" (it's along sale and transfer buttons). However I think I can handle it mod-side... I just need to know when precisely this option appears, and when it doesn't - if you have normal prison overflow, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Hmm, that's strange.

I thought there were only 2 possibilities:

a/ if "Live alien sale" option is disabled, then there is only 1 button called "Remove" (which does the same as "Kill")
b/ if "Live alien sale" option is enabled, then there are 2 buttons called "Kill" and "Sell"

I will try different combinations later today, maybe there's a combination I am forgetting...

EDIT: I did indeed misremember... see corrected statement 2 posts below
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 08:06:32 pm by Meridian »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 05, 2022, 06:03:32 pm »
Hmm, that's strange.

I thought there were only 2 possibilities:

a/ if "Live alien sale" option is disabled, then there is only 1 button called "Remove" (which does the same as "Kill")
b/ if "Live alien sale" option is enabled, then there are 2 buttons called "Kill" and "Sell"

I will try different combinations later today, maybe there's a combination I am forgetting...

In both XCF and Piratez, "live alien sale" and "retain interrogated aliens" are "yes" and "no", respectively. Upon excess of prisoners, the game forces a sale, not a kill. The forced sale did not leave corpses, just money. Attached are examples of Piratez and XCF.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 05, 2022, 08:04:38 pm »
In both XCF and Piratez, "live alien sale" and "retain interrogated aliens" are "yes" and "no", respectively. Upon excess of prisoners, the game forces a sale, not a kill. The forced sale did not leave corpses, just money. Attached are examples of Piratez and XCF.

OK, I read the code and here's an updated version (I did misremember a few things)

if (Options::canSellLiveAliens == true AND Options::retainCorpses == true)
{
  show 3 buttons (kill, sell, transfer/cancel)
}
otherwise
{
  show 2 buttons (remove, transfer/cancel)
}

kill button = always kills
sell button = always sells

remove button:
1. sells if Options::canSellLiveAliens == true AND Options::retainCorpses == FALSE
2. kills in all other cases

Kill button (with explicit label "Kill") only ever appears when "Retain corpses" and "Sell aliens" options are both simultaneously turned on.

Since Piratez forces "Retain corpses" to be turned off... I don't see a way how the "Kill" button could appear in Piratez.
I'll need help... best a save where I can see it happening.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 05, 2022, 09:20:23 pm »
I'll need help... best a save where I can see it happening.
Here's my Piratez save from my previous campaign that I used for the screenshots. I added manually the extra prisoners.
If changed to "retainCorpses: true" in "Piratez_Globals.rul" then I get the "Kill" button.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 05, 2022, 09:28:33 pm »
That's correct, isn't it?

I meant a save in real Piratez, without submods.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 05, 2022, 10:00:45 pm »
There are two submods: cities lores and stat strings. The save of the Piratez version is M3 or so, but I ran it on the latests mod version.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 05, 2022, 10:06:43 pm »
There are two submods: cities lores and stat strings. The save of the Piratez version is M3 or so, but I ran it on the latests mod version.

Sigh :(

You have submodded Piratez with "retainCorpses: true"... which effectively turns on the "Kill" button.
(I know about this scenario, it is correct, and I don't need a save to illustrate it)

I want to see a situation/save where "retainCorpses: false" and you can still somehow see the "Kill" button, as reported by Dioxine.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 05, 2022, 10:46:53 pm »
Sigh :(

You have submodded Piratez with "retainCorpses: true"... which effectively turns on the "Kill" button.
(I know about this scenario, it is correct, and I don't need a save to illustrate it)

I want to see a situation/save where "retainCorpses: false" and you can still somehow see the "Kill" button, as reported by Dioxine.

My bad, I didn't get it. The switch to "true" was a direct ruleset modification of Piratez.
As per the "retainCorpses: true", I cannot produce said "kill" case, as I think it isn't possible without a submod as you put it.
The OP in the Matrix Room who reported this issue wasn't clear if this was due to a stock or modded game.

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 10, 2022, 05:52:54 pm »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 10, 2022, 06:27:47 pm »
Is this info valid? https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/blob/66cadb7e5db5f2ba2a60c2b4dbeed33812acfa38/src/Basescape/NewResearchListState.cpp#L300

I think we do save it in `discovered` section of the save file...

yes, the info is valid.

in the `discovered` section, we save the discovered topics, not the unlocked topics

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 10, 2022, 07:26:34 pm »
ok, I see, thanks!