Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 440967 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #780 on: April 28, 2021, 12:10:35 am »
I think my confusion stems from this:
Stuff with `liveAlien: false` goes into stores.
Stuff with `liveAlien: true` goes into alien containment.
Nothing else depends on this flag.
This is its only purpose, by design.

Once it has been determined that an item belongs to an alien containment... then the `prisonType` attribute kicks in and says to which particular alien containment facility should it go.

From what I can tell the first thing that is checked is the prison type and whether a facility with that type exist - if it does not then a corpseItem is recovered, regardless of the 'liveAlien' flag. The flag only comes into play if a corresponding prison type exists - then it is used to dertermine if the recovered item counts towards alien containment.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 28, 2021, 10:40:04 am »
On some places the flag is checked first, the prison type second. For example here, if you need a proof: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/blob/oxce-plus/src/Battlescape/DebriefingState.cpp#L2519
On other places the prison type is checked first, the flag second.

In both cases the outcome is the same.
See diagrams for both cases as visual explanation.

If both conditions are satisfied (regardless of the order in which they are checked), you get a prisoner... otherwise (if any condition is not satisfied), you don't get a prisoner.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 10:54:31 am by Meridian »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 28, 2021, 11:04:54 pm »
Thanks for the explanation :D

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 02, 2021, 05:10:19 pm »
In today nightly I push change with more aggressive checking of mod data, this mean some mods could not load any more.
As most of this checks was to prevent bugs in mod that crash in game I added option to ignore them in user config:
Code: [Select]
  oxceModValidationLevel: 1
Available levels:
0 - expected game behavior is random crash at run time, any problems encounter at this level will not be fixed in any way, only guarantee is loading main menu.
1 - game should not crash, but behavior could not that you could expect, only crash at this level will be fixed.
2 - default level game should run correctly, any problem at this level could mean bugs in engine and all should be fixed.
3 - (not used yet) pedantic checks that do should not affect in any way behavior of game

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 02, 2021, 05:54:41 pm »
Question:

Is it currently possible to restrict inventory slots to certain items (instead of restricting items to certain inventory slots)?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 02, 2021, 06:02:09 pm »
Is it currently possible to restrict inventory slots to certain items (instead of restricting items to certain inventory slots)?

no

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 02, 2021, 06:09:56 pm »
In today nightly I push change with more aggressive checking of mod data, this mean some mods could not load any more.
As most of this checks was to prevent bugs in mod that crash in game I added option to ignore them in user config:
Code: [Select]
  oxceModValidationLevel: 1
Available levels:
0 - expected game behavior is random crash at run time, any problems encounter at this level will not be fixed in any way, only guarantee is loading main menu.
1 - game should not crash, but behavior could not that you could expect, only crash at this level will be fixed.
2 - default level game should run correctly, any problem at this level could mean bugs in engine and all should be fixed.
3 - (not used yet) pedantic checks that do should not affect in any way behavior of game

Here is the new build, OXCE v7.0.5 (2021-05-02):

win64: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//Extended/Extended-7.0.5-7408661e9-2021-05-02-win64.7z
win32: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//Extended/Extended-7.0.5-7408661e9-2021-05-02-win32.7z
linux/ubuntu: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//Extended/Extended-7.0.5-7408661e9-2021-05-02-bionic-x86_64.7z

This build is meant for modders only, not for players.

Modders, please update your mods to comply with the validation rules.
Yankes and I are available to answer your questions:
1. here on the forum
2. or on the OpenXcom discord
3. or on the X-Piratez discord

If you think some validations are not correct, please contact Yankes.

PS: the official OXCE v7.1 release is planned for late summer (probably August 2021)... I hope that's enough time to update all actively developed mods.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:47:39 pm by Meridian »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 02, 2021, 10:49:37 pm »
- on OpenXcom discord
- on X-Piratez discord

Very funny. And what should I, Russian-speaking, do? Not only was the most important discussion moved to some kind of ass of world, so also ustonavlivat additional (unnecessary for me) software.

Stop this practice and return the discussion to this site.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 02, 2021, 11:04:17 pm »
The first option on the list was "here".

Discords were only the second and third option.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 02, 2021, 11:10:32 pm »
Announce the list of changes in OXCE v7.0.5, please.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 02, 2021, 11:33:38 pm »
Changes in OXCE 7.0.5

QoL:
- none

Features:
- added more ruleset validations

Modding:
- none

Scripting:
- none

Bugfixes:
- Craft returning after mission don't join dogfights
- Fixed instant mission despawn

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 04, 2021, 04:55:45 pm »
Some bugs (I think?) I have recently encountered:

Under certain circumstances unit positions are not updated correctly after terrain is destroyed. Case in point, the sectoid failed its melee check (aliens turn) and fired into the ground, destroying the tile underneath itself without actually falling down. Unit position was only updated correctly after he died/was stunned:

Randomly generated base names can lead to overflow of chraracter space, resulting in a change in change of font size and enabling the player to use names >13 characters in length:

Not sure if this intended or of this can be enabled seperately - I'd actually like to have this option in the game so I don't have to shorten names too much.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 04, 2021, 09:55:55 pm »
Under certain circumstances unit positions are not updated correctly after terrain is destroyed. Case in point, the sectoid failed its melee check (aliens turn) and fired into the ground, destroying the tile underneath itself without actually falling down. Unit position was only updated correctly after he died/was stunned:

I'd need some way to reproduce, best a save just before.

Randomly generated base names can lead to overflow of chraracter space, resulting in a change in change of font size and enabling the player to use names >13 characters in length:

Modders have been warned to make the names short.

Not sure if this intended or of this can be enabled seperately - I'd actually like to have this option in the game so I don't have to shorten names too much.

No, it's automatic.
You can change the name in the save if you want... but small base names look awful (and don't fit into tables).

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 04, 2021, 10:57:47 pm »
I'd need some way to reproduce, best a save just before.

:P

Modders have been warned to make the names short.

Off to the modding subforum I go.

[...]but small base names look awful (and don't fit into tables).

Shortened base names also look awful, but I get why this would be even more impractical.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 07, 2021, 01:54:16 pm »
Question:

Facilities can be built over existing facilties (buildOverFacilities). Is it possible to reduce cost of the new facility (or refund cost of the old facility) to simulate "upgrading" facilities (i.e. upgrading from level 1 to level 2 costs less than building a new level 2 facility)? It is possible to refund money using refundValue, but this applies for dismantling in general, not only for building over an existing facility.

Additonal question (though I am not sure if this belongs here or under help):

How exactely is weapon position on units defined in regards to shot trajectory? Are terrain slopes acurately represented on the battlescape?

Case in point, I just got shot at by an alien unit (gazer) which I presume should have been occluded by terrain (the weapon, at least):

(last image is the position I got shot at)

Where exacately are weapons located on units?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 04:38:46 pm by krautbernd »