aliens

Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 460114 times)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #1350 on: March 28, 2024, 11:58:22 pm »
I have new ideas and features that need to be added to the game.
You should probably separate them into discrete feature proposals and make a thread for each, so the devs can keep track.

Personally, I would also like to see more ability for fire modes to alter damage/firing variables. Don't know how much is possible via y-scripts right now, I've seen aimed-shot-double-damage, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. My pet idea is to make armor effectiveness reduction, damage randomisation model and stat boosts to damage vary between shot modes. And then one would want the whole rest of damageAlter at least, too. But I'm not an active or public modder, so my desires are largely irrelevant compared to the ever-growing accepted feature list with much more important stuff on it, both for players and active authors of big mods.

The Heavy Laser autoshots are already in, though: look into 'sprayWaypoints'.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 11:59:58 pm by Juku121 »

Offline aziza

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 29, 2024, 04:02:58 am »
look into 'sprayWaypoints'.
here?
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Hidden_Features_(OpenXcom)
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=6423.0
Ctrl+Shift+LMB: When auto fire mode is selected, this activates spray targeting mode: starts picking numbered waypoints; once maximum number of waypoints are selected or a waypoint is selected with Ctrl+Shift+LMB again, firing starts, but now the unit will move its aim trying to evenly distribute hits along this path, rather than aiming at the same spot. Of course, the actual hit placement is affected by Accuracy as usual. RMB removes a waypoint, like with Blaster Launcher. (needs a weapon with sprayWaypoints set in ruleset)

Spoiler"Burst mode + Full auto":
Burst mode: you select 3 target points, and the soldier will shoot a 5 shots burst (on each and between points). Recharge time: 2 turns.

Full auto: you select 2 points, the soldier will spray the area inbetween with 8 shots. Recharge time: 3 turns.

Spoiler Reaver's Harmony Megamod / Auto-Cannon / Spray shot:
Reaver's Harmony Megamod / Auto-Cannon / Spray shot

Ctrl+Shift is really hidden and not intuitive
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 07:11:12 am by aziza »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 29, 2024, 10:49:56 am »
Not the only obscure feature of OXC(E), sadly. This thread might help more than the 'Hidden Features' page. Sometimes modders put some of these into pedia articles.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 29, 2024, 08:43:11 pm »
Where should `recoverCorpse` be defined? The corpse item or the live unit item? (Both?)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 29, 2024, 08:59:42 pm »
Only on the corpse item seems to work, at least.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 10:21:52 am by Juku121 »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 05, 2024, 11:16:39 pm »
Small change to craft equip screen, in OXCE 7.12.4 items too can use `customItemPreviewIndex: [21]` like vehicles did.

Example of this working:

[ps]
until lxnt.wtf is down I make backup server: http://108.61.157.159/versions/win/ (soon new version should be ready)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 11:23:17 pm by Yankes »

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 08, 2024, 01:22:26 pm »
Tell me, are these commands (meleeDodge) responsible for SQS?
Spoiler:
Code:
###armors:
###    meleeDodge:
###      reactions: 0.6
###    meleeDodgeBackPenalty: 0.5
###    createsMeleeThreat: false
###    ignoresMeleeThreat: true

I entered the commands (MeleeThreat: false) because this sqs (from the FMPE addon mod) interfered with the game more than it added variety, because sqs works even at a distance (like a psionic shield from bullets), and not right next to each other.
I decided to add sqs only to psionics and ignore the enemy's sqs, so that when a normal soldier shoots at a creature with great psionic power, the sqs will work and the bullets will fly away, but when a psionic soldier is wearing psionic armor, then he ignores the sqs and shoots at the target, but when such a soldier is attacked by an ordinary alien, he can reflect the bullets with a psionic shield.

I'm going to remove sqs and keep them for psionic armor only, because sqs is less like a melee dodge bonus from melee weapons or point-blank shooting, and more like a psionic bullet shield that repels bullets even at a distance.

Tell us in more detail about the sqs function, is it possible to adjust the trigger radius of this SQS?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1357 on: April 08, 2024, 07:33:18 pm »
Umm... By sqs, do you mean cqc (close quarters combat)?

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 09, 2024, 10:20:08 am »
Not exactly close combat, the fact is that after activating FMPE, I began to receive such a notification “the attack was repelled by the enemy” and the soldier simply began to shoot a little away from the enemy at whom I was aiming. Then I decided to move 3 squares away from the target so that the alien could not push away my weapon and I could finally shoot him, but again he repelled my attack. In the end, I entered two commands "createsMeleeThreat: false" and "ignoresMeleeThreat: true" after which my shots were no longer reflected.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 02:43:09 pm by _Raven_ »

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 09, 2024, 10:35:15 am »
Not exactly close combat, the fact is that after activating FMPE, I began to receive such a notification “the attack was repelled by the enemy” and the soldier simply began to shoot a little away from the enemy at whom I was aiming. Then I decided to move 3 squares away from the target so that the alien could not push away my weapon and I could finally shoot him, but again he repelled my attack. In the end, I entered two commands "createsMeleeThreat: false" and "ignoresMeleeThreat: true" after which my shots were no longer reflected.

If you move away from all enemy units, this should not occur.

However, if you are adjacent to another enemy unit, that other unit can CQC you and prevent shooting at the original unit (from which you are not adjacent). I suppose that might be what you experienced but didn't notice it. It certainly can be confusing at times.

Rule of thumb: don't have any enemy units next to you if you want to avoid CQC mechanics.

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 09, 2024, 05:19:38 pm »
Rule of thumb: don't have any enemy units next to you if you want to avoid CQC mechanics.
Maybe exactly what you're talking about happened.
Hmm... then you are aiming at one enemy, but at this time another enemy intervenes and pushes you in the back, after which your soldier misses. Well, what an unusual mechanic you came up with.
I'll think about it and decide whether I need such a function of pushing weapons to the side, or stick to the standard gameplay, but I would like to add a psionic shield.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 02:44:43 pm by _Raven_ »

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 11, 2024, 10:26:32 am »
Tell me how it would be more convenient for you to view my ideas (which I suggest adding to the game from time to time), present me with a possible new feature in this topic, or publish all your ideas separately there “Topic: _Raven_'s wishlist”?
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=11702.0#lastPost
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 02:46:21 pm by _Raven_ »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 21, 2024, 01:58:13 pm »
Tell me how it would be more convenient for you to view my ideas (which I suggest adding to the game from time to time)

I prefer 1 suggestion = 1 thread.

Detailed info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=11631.0

Disclaimers:
- suggestion is just a suggestion... I am not obliged to implement it, or to even answer
- before suggesting, read about the goals and scope of OXCE here https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=5251.0 and here https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=6498.0 ; it might save you a lot of effort suggesting something that has no chance of being accepted

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 22, 2024, 02:23:57 pm »
I will publish everything that comes to my mind in “Topic: _Raven_'s wishlist” because I don’t have any specific big idea for which I need to create a separate topic.
[OXCE] Why was my suggestion rejected?
« on: 08-08-2018, 20:10:13 »
scientists/engineers "don't exist individually", they can't defend the base
I have already implemented this (I used two functions, the spawn of a civilian faction on the xcom base and the spawn command in the ufos and facilities files which allows you to spawn any unit or item at any point in the location), my base is also protected by scientists, engineers and other working personnel, all those who did not have time to evacuate from the base (I created them in the form of a faction of civilians, created spawn points for them, gave them individual weapons to each type of unit in their hands (scientists with one weapon, engineers with others), now there are brave defenders at the base without body armor).
[OXCE] Why was my suggestion rejected?
« on: 08-08-2018, 20:10:13 »
How many of you knew the game actually has a 3D engine below the 2D battlescape?
I knew that this 2D game had 3D because I played the original xcom1 and xcom2 on playstation1 and there in Ufopedia there were 3D models of xcom tanks as well as xcom aviation and UFOs, for some reason there is no 3D in OpenXcom at all, yes it simplifies modding, but It was possible to at least add original tanks, planes and UFOs to UFOpedia in 3D mode (with switching 3D - 2D in the UFOpedia file). It’s good that the “Visual Upgrade” mod brings back the background pictures into the game that were in the PSX version, I don’t know which version of the game you created OpenXcom from, why these pictures appeared already in OXCE and in a separate mod, as well as cutscenes in the style of an animated comic, they are missing in OpenXcom, even the final cutscene is converted into regular slides, it’s good that I found a mod that returns all the standard cutscenes from PSX (“Hardmod expansions” seems to be the name of that mod).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 22, 2024, 02:54:30 pm »
I have already implemented this (I used two functions, the spawn of a civilian faction on the xcom base and the spawn command in the ufos and facilities files which allows you to spawn any unit or item at any point in the location), my base is also protected by scientists, engineers and other working personnel, all those who did not have time to evacuate from the base (I created them in the form of a faction of civilians, created spawn points for them, gave them individual weapons to each type of unit in their hands (scientists with one weapon, engineers with others), now there are brave defenders at the base without body armor).

No offense, but I don't see how you could implement it.

My guess is that you just spawned some random units, regardless of how many scientists/engineers there are in the base.

In which case, you completely missed my point.