aliens

Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 459294 times)

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #1275 on: July 04, 2023, 11:21:46 am »
Ctrl+D Ctrl+7

Thanks. This brings up another question. I have already recently observed (when playing XCF) that enabling debug mode by modifying to "debug: true" did not work. I put it off then as it wasn't crucial. Now, after enabling the debug mode in the save, Ctrl-keys provide no reaction. Is there any reason why this would not work (I'm using Linux bionic image) or any tips on how to go about figuring out what's wrong?  I do recall that a few years ago, at least, debug mode did work. I've played ironman, but removing that from the save did not affect this.

I do observe that if I modify the save by changing the save, open the game and load the save, then save again, it's back to "debug: false". This could be intended behavior, but I bring this up if it isn't and might provide a clue on what is going wrong.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 04, 2023, 11:38:37 am »
Nevermind, I got confused with modifying the options file and modifying the save file. Running the game with "OpenXcomEx -debug true" ie. overriding the options enabled the debug mode worked fine.)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 14, 2023, 02:03:22 pm »
As i see, newest OXCE suggest "0" projectile sprite number as error. What then must i use for shots without projectile (instant hits)?

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 20, 2023, 11:04:52 am »
Randomly generated base names can lead to overflow of chraracter space, resulting in a change in change of font size and enabling the player to use names >13 characters in length:
I have accidentally stumbled on this thing, but not in base names, but in soldier's names. And I found it super useful!
Modders have been warned to make the names short.
Oh, but can we make it into a feature? At this moment player cannot write long names, but how about making font automatically smaller while writing?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 20, 2023, 11:16:58 am »
No.
Base names are visible on many other places too and the space reserved/available for them (already using the small font) is usually optimized exactly for the current maximum.

Bigger maximum would result in 2-row display and/or cut-off names, which I don't want.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 20, 2023, 11:21:54 am »
As i see, newest OXCE suggest "0" projectile sprite number as error. What then must i use for shots without projectile (instant hits)?

"bulletSprite: 0" is rocket launcher in vanilla... did you mean something else?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 20, 2023, 11:51:46 pm »
Oh, sorry. I use number 100 for invisible bullets. I presume that empty sprite must be created and placed under this position?

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 01, 2023, 12:55:35 am »
With the latest update, the Base Facilities parameters stopped working: sightRange, sightChance. Version 7.9.8.0. The closest version in which the parameters work is 7.7.3.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 05, 2023, 01:23:05 am »
Question about reaction. The situation is as follows: my soldiers have 120 action points, 200 reactions, the enemy has the same number of action points and 70 reactions. The enemy leaves the UFO under 12 barrels, passes 10 cells and throws a grenade and no one reacts to him. Everyone has a line of fire. There was a suspicion of overflow characteristics. Is there a maximum for a reaction? Is there any limit to the difference in reactions characteristics?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1284 on: August 05, 2023, 04:19:06 am »
Question about reaction. The situation is as follows: my soldiers have 120 action points, 200 reactions, the enemy has the same number of action points and 70 reactions. The enemy leaves the UFO under 12 barrels, passes 10 cells and throws a grenade and no one reacts to him. Everyone has a line of fire. There was a suspicion of overflow characteristics. Is there a maximum for a reaction? Is there any limit to the difference in reactions characteristics?

Just in case, you aren't using Brutal AI?

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 05, 2023, 08:58:05 am »
Just in case, you aren't using Brutal AI?

No. As far as I know, "Brutal AI" does not use parameters beyond the capabilities of OXCE+.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1286 on: August 05, 2023, 12:21:34 pm »
No. As far as I know, "Brutal AI" does not use parameters beyond the capabilities of OXCE+.

No, but it seems to have reaction issues.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 05, 2023, 01:14:57 pm »
No, but it seems to have reaction issues.

It's using 7.8+, as is my TFTU... Looks like OXCE+ is the problem. First, problems with "sightRange", now with the reaction... Apparently, I'll have to roll back to version 7.7.

Can anyone make the manual distribution of ranks a separate modification?  :D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 01:20:26 pm by Ethereal »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 05, 2023, 07:22:59 pm »
Oh, sorry. I use number 100 for invisible bullets. I presume that empty sprite must be created and placed under this position?

Empty sprite is just a sprite just like any other.
It doesn't have any special function.
It will still be rendered by the game, just not visible for the player.

There are no "instant projectiles" in OpenXcom, as far as I know.
You can only make them faster or slower, but not instant.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 05, 2023, 07:26:25 pm »
With the latest update, the Base Facilities parameters stopped working: sightRange, sightChance. Version 7.9.8.0. The closest version in which the parameters work is 7.7.3.

It works fine for me.
Can you give me something to reproduce?

There shouldn't be any "limits".

If you can give me a save where I can clearly see this happen, I can investigate and explain (or fix).