aliens

Author Topic: 40k future plans and Work in progress / Suggestions  (Read 72693 times)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
40k future plans and Work in progress / Suggestions
« on: July 13, 2018, 01:21:51 pm »
This thread will have some of the current and future plans for the mod's content, and also some WIP material that is being developed. Feel free to ask questions or give suggestions on anything in this thread!

In the Factory (WIP):
06-24-2020
  • Adeptus Arbites

Mid-Term Plans
  • More side missions for the Imperial Guard

Distant/Possible Plans:
  • The missing 5th faction
  • Another Foes Type (Necron or Tau)
  • CQB (i will check if units in melee stay engaged or get bonus, haven't dive deep in it, seen someone play X-files on twitch )
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 11:46:57 pm by bulletdesigner »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: 40k future plans and Work in progress / Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 01:41:37 pm »
Hi Bullet,
Not sure if we are supposed to post replies here; if not, you should lock the thread and only unlock it when you want to post something. (And remove this post.)
Would you like me to do the CQC mechanics for you?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 03:09:19 pm »
Hi Bullet,
Not sure if we are supposed to post replies here; if not, you should lock the thread and only unlock it when you want to post something. (And remove this post.)
Would you like me to do the CQC mechanics for you?

yes we can post here, i dont know how to pin up , the main objective is to create topics and alleviate the 40k main thread

About the CQB i seen you cannot shot rat´s when you are in the near tile(seen in x-flies), is it possible to do that like 2 tiles far away?( 1 tile is kind of easy to move away) like the unit in engaged in melee and as to use knife or unit cannot leave tile or gives a opportunity attack like in some DnD games , even WH table top ( when i played haven´t done that in 10 years) i guess most of the games  :P

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 08:10:11 pm »
Let the Ufopaedia speak! ;)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:33:07 pm »
well done with the pedia... I like when things are categorized properly... after seeing/reading this, everyone will know it's a pure fantasy concept

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 08:45:40 pm »
well done with the pedia... I like when things are categorized properly... after seeing/reading this, everyone will know it's a pure fantasy concept

The concept is not exactly fantasy, it can be done most of the time with training. But the implementation is pure Hollywood, naturally. (Like the entire X-Com.)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 09:57:35 pm »
hehe the gunkata from equilibrium it´s totally fantasy no suspension of disbelief there, but i buy the unit´s engaged in melee can´t drawn a weapon since they are getting sliced from a axe
so my question is it possible to make shooting impossible on a near tile saying: "unit is engaged in melee", and when that unit leaves the other get´s free opportunity reaction melee attack

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 10:28:00 pm »
so my question is it possible to make shooting impossible on a near tile saying: "unit is engaged in melee", and when that unit leaves the other get´s free opportunity reaction melee attack

I don't think it's possible even with scripts... But also I don't think shooting point blank should be hardcoded as impossible. I get the attack of opportunity mechanics, but that's all covered by reactions mechanics.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 07:00:33 pm »
So the new´s for this week
i made a tech tree to be implemented in the future if all goes as planned.
Meanwhile stormraven is still WIP
Also mad ranks for senoritas and merged low guard rank from guard operations

Offline Lord Flasheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 08:01:58 am »
A suggestion:

Let's ask Hobbes to lend his Skynet/Terminator mod to be used as Necrons in the 40k mod.
The guys at GW did use the exoskeleton from the Terminator.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 11:10:18 pm »
I already have one made , a bit diferent , but once i go that rabbit whole , no progress on other fields

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 12:28:10 pm »
Tried to play a campaign (actually three) and have some feedback:

1. Turn Agressive Retaliation to Off in the fixed user options, otherwise the game might send troops that are too strong early in the game. (lost my campaign twice that way) see point no.2

2. The Chaos Juggernaut. Well what can I say? This thing is simply unstoppable if you encounter it in the early game. The only thing that maybe would work as a defense is the missile launcher, and there are usually no troops that can carry it early in the game, and if they could they would be rendered useless by -> point no.3

3. damagerange 100. Ouch, this cripples early troops even more. Not only have you at best three or 4 missiles against 8 or 10 Jugs which is already not enough, and now you have to deal with 50% shots that do nothing and 25% that miss. Still I did not quit yet, but cheated through my base defense (debug +Ctrl-K) to see what else comes along. and i ran into.... -> point no.4

4. My squad (3 Sororitas, 5 well-trained and equipped scouts, and a Tarantula turret) got wiped by ONE (i repeat ONE) chaos traitor guard. I hit him with 3 shots of Meltas, then 6 shots of the Heavy Bolter, then a dozen hits with other bolters, hit him with 2 grenades and three shots of the Tarantula. And that guy kept walking. He killed 2 Sororitas AND the turret in one turn with what... A lasgun?   :o To make it more absurd, I had already defeated several walkers, un-tracked lasercannon positions, demons and others during that mission.

Something is REALLY wrong here with that guy. And just because he wears carapace armor does not mean he should be god. (I guess thats what the closed helmet was meaning)  :D

I mean, the same squad killed ~20 raptors during one mission, how can a single chaos traitor guard be THAT strong? The guard are IIRC one of the weaker units, right? Especially with a lasgun...

tldr: Chaos Juggernaut -> too strong in early game, damagerange: 100 might lead to ragequits, not everyone is as patient as I was  ;D Chaos Traitor Guard -> is god and does not interfere with the realms of damage and logic. Oh and melee... In the entire campaign I had ONE melee kill by my troops. All of the ~70 attacks missed. Yes, all. Incredible. Chainswords, powergloves, combat knives. Useless due to damagerange 100? I don't know.

The graphics, the sound, the maps, everything is absolutely breathtaking and beyond any criticism. However the game balance needs some fiddling...

I tried again with setting the damagerange to 75 and disabled aggressive retaliation, and it still didn't work, another time I encountered a god-guard and... i gave up.  :( For now.  :D

Just a thought, maybe I should enable the new randomtype 7 ALONG with dangerange 75 to get better results ... But not now, i need to lick my wounds....

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 01:49:55 pm »
Hey sorry about the xp i will give some pointers to help
1 base retaliation is based on location , some spots makes that a constant, i think africa egypt is a no go spot , cant be sure im talking by my experience

2 2x2 units are fragil to all radius damage , flamers do x4
 damage to jugger

3 about that raptor , that seems a bit extreme but game is based on luck , still i will check it out , btw melee is more effective ,also dont go for the front armor is thicker

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 05:50:47 pm »
  • Aggressive retaliation isn't turned on in fixed user options - are you running any other mods that might change this?
  • See number 3, but also remember that even if you aren't strong enough to hold a launcher without TU penalty on your next turn, you can still pick them up, fire, then drop them.
  • Damage range of 100 is better statistics against high-armor enemies - see trying to kill a Triscene in TFTD with a Sonic Cannon versus trying to kill a Sectopod in UFO with a Heavy Plasma.  If 50% of shots do nothing to the target, changing the damage range will not change this fact, it will only reduce the average damage of the shots that pierce the armor.  Instead of trying to mod such an important value as the damage range or RNG type for attacks, pick the right tools for the job:
    Strip armor first by bolter shots, advanced lasgun ammo, or melta blasts, then use high-power weapons to finish them off.  Or, as bulletdesigner suggested, fire is super effective against them - flamers or heavy bolter incendiary ammo is a great way to get around heavy armor as very few things are immune to fire.  Also, lasguns are extra-strong versus units with 'vehicle' type armor like juggernauts, so that advanced lasgun ammo or a lascannon will quickly take down those heavy targets.
  • You got screwed by RNG there, the armor stats are the same as carapace for your guardsmen and similar to the armor values on your scouts.

Offline COMMUNIST

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 07:29:31 pm »
Hello, creator of this mod.Ya play it for weeks 3 and I really liked it would be like, would be more weapons, armor and other equipment for the Guards, the Space Marine and the sisters of the battles and of course the orcs, such as their mechanisms such as the barrel of death and so on
very forward to update
(Sorry my english language i my russian) :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 07:38:44 pm by COMMUNIST »