aliens

Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 302394 times)

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2018, 12:14:08 am »
When does the game role out the events to take place in the next month?
Start of the month. Activate save game scumming if you want to do rerolls.

I´ve got 3 brainers. Had 5, but that brought me almost bankrupt ;)
Are you producing and selling X-Grog with your Runts? Did you research the cash bag extraction techs and are you doing that? Are you selling dropped chips and unused loot?
Also, remember that workers need to get paid - hording everything in the early phases of the game will bankrupt you. Make sure to research the slavery technology and turn captives into just that - slaves give both storage space and increase your monthly earnings. Win-win!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:03:01 am by cc »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2018, 12:19:28 am »
Ok, I`ve got overrun in my play: Januar 2603: -4000 points.

Start of the month. Activate save game scumming if you want to do rerolls.

In the description is said, that it doesn`t work with ironman.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 12:51:50 am by LouisdeFuines »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2018, 12:57:51 am »
How are you able to tell that it's the same list every time if you're in Ironman?  By definition it doesn't do multiple saves.  I know it's possible, but generally if you have Ironman set, any extra save is supposed to just be backup, in case of crash. Save scumming in Ironman defeats the purpose.

Also, this game is a mod in active development, Ironman is NOT a good idea, glitches and unexpected game behaviors are common, so having it set to allow multiple saves is a very good idea.

Edit

I'm not saying you can't scum Ironman, especially as the game is single player and the only person anyone has to answer to is them, I just don't see the point.  Especially when you're learning the mod.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:02:14 am by khade »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2018, 01:27:25 am »
I play Ironman, because I`m to lazy to save all the time  ;)

I keep a main ironman-savegame at the end of eacht month. If I have to repeat, I take this savegame. But doing so, I realized, that each following month is exactly the same, when loading the last month (end of).

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2018, 01:39:30 am »
Open the save file in text eidtor and change the seed.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2018, 01:41:40 am »
Could you please explain me, which values are to be changed?

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2018, 01:41:56 am »
That's how the game works.  At the end of the month, the game generates missions based on RNG; so if you save right before the month ends and don't do anything to change the RNG or have save scumming disabled, the generated missions will be the same every time.

Incidentally, I save scum without actually using the save scum option by just going into a craft's inventory screen.  That apparently changes the RNG enough to have a different outcome.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2018, 01:53:38 am »
I`m always in the inventory screen, before I send troops.

Nothing changes.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2018, 03:30:21 am »
You do know that the game does in fact have an autosave? Pretty sure you can set it to whatever amount of time you want too, default for battlescape is 4 or 5 turns, I can't remember what it's normally set to in geoscape, but I'm pretty sure it's several times a month.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2018, 03:51:19 am »
I`m always in the inventory screen, before I send troops.

Nothing changes.

Try going in and out of the inventory screen several times before ending the month, and by inventory screen I mean the one where you have to put items in the soldier's hands, backpack, etc.  You can even test it out: Enter the inventory 3 times, end the month, look at how the month progresses, then reload back, enter the inventory 5 times now, end the month again, and look at how the month progresses which should be different from the other month.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2018, 04:22:20 am »
OK, I actually checked the settings, there is an autosave, which doesn't work with Ironman, but I can't see a way to change Geoscape frequency for saves or information on how often it saves.  It seems like it would be far easier to just use the autosave and do a specific save at the end of every month then it would be to export an Ironman save to wherever it needs to be to not be overwritten, but I guess I could be wrong, I don't back up my Ironman games like that, even though I probably should given the games I actually use it for.

Offline LadonLegend

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2018, 06:41:10 am »
How harsh is the enemy scaling? Is falling behind techwise/fundwise a threat?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2018, 06:59:55 am »
[..] I'm pretty sure it's several times a month.
Should be daily and can't be changed apparently.

How harsh is the enemy scaling? Is falling behind techwise/fundwise a threat?
Short: No.
Long: The main point in X-Piratez is to know when to fight and when to run. You can get, for example, a Star God Mutant Progrom very early on when it's impossible to win. Remember, you and the gals are in it for the money, not the fame to be heroes. Enemy scaling per-se only exists in harder enemies becoming available (you can run from those) and in base attacks starting at some point. You should be able to repel those by using intelligent base design (build killboxes) even if you're far behind tech-wise.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:02:45 am by cc »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2018, 11:14:08 am »
Autosave is every 5 days/turns and it can be changed.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2018, 12:02:58 pm »
Mission "Rescue a sister". What is that for a kind of attack, where there appears a heart, when a hoe "attacks"?