Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 309468 times)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #900 on: October 22, 2018, 06:04:18 am »
By the way, a question about some enemies:
Spoiler:
is there any way to capture the killer-robot disguised as a tough girl, while on tough girl form ?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #901 on: October 22, 2018, 06:20:05 am »
If there is, it's a bug.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 23, 2018, 02:47:20 am »
It's probably not possible.

Spoiler:
Stunning the tough girl disguise still turns her into a killer droid, the same as killing her.  And since she's a robot, mind control is most likely out of the question.

Capturing via aborting with enemies on exit tiles might do it, but that's been disallowed for several versions now.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 23, 2018, 07:05:43 am »
It's probably not possible.

Spoiler:
Stunning the tough girl disguise still turns her into a killer droid, the same as killing her.  And since she's a robot, mind control is most likely out of the question.

Capturing via aborting with enemies on exit tiles might do it, but that's been disallowed for several versions now.

Indeed not possible.

Spoiler:
I brought my A-team (1-60ACw/HVAP & 1-H-Las tanks  + 5-Assault MA gals, plus lots of extra weapons) into one of these ferry missions where she may spawn. She did. After neutralizing everyone else, I tried everything (stun, gas, mind, electric, EMP, cutting, etc). It always ended up in she revealing her robot inner-self. Even when one-shot from the HLas tank, she went from human to robot corpse in one go.

In human form, she has some sort of electric melee as in another encounter she nearly stunned one of my gals driving a HMG Car.

I was hopping capturing her in human form would reveal some sort of fabulous tech of some kind.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #904 on: October 24, 2018, 07:43:28 pm »
Indeed not possible.

Spoiler:
I brought my A-team (1-60ACw/HVAP & 1-H-Las tanks  + 5-Assault MA gals, plus lots of extra weapons) into one of these ferry missions where she may spawn. She did. After neutralizing everyone else, I tried everything (stun, gas, mind, electric, EMP, cutting, etc). It always ended up in she revealing her robot inner-self. Even when one-shot from the HLas tank, she went from human to robot corpse in one go.

In human form, she has some sort of electric melee as in another encounter she nearly stunned one of my gals driving a HMG Car.

I was hopping capturing her in human form would reveal some sort of fabulous tech of some kind.

it would be nice excellent, if does

- it could be tech, for example, for, /of androids, or Artific.Intel., robots, and so on

such Terminatrix like were in Sarah Connor Chronicles tv-series..
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 11:17:55 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #905 on: October 24, 2018, 11:09:33 pm »
It does not, and it is not supposed to... got that?

Offline DaEMon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 27, 2018, 10:12:12 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm playing a new campaign in the lastest version 0.99j8 and I noticed that Tanks are now really hard to kill. Rockets and panzerfausts are no guaranteed kill as they were before. What are their new resistances/weakness, and what early/mid game weapons should I use? I don't have yet EMPs, or BFGs, or anything nearly as powerfull.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 27, 2018, 11:18:36 pm »
Same general weapons are still the best, but you just need more then one hit. Mostly they got a resist buff. Anti tank aoe is still the best choice because aoe applies to each tile of a unit so you get 4 hits against under armor with a direct hit.

Offline DaEMon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 27, 2018, 11:41:02 pm »
"You just need more than one hit" = Eating some nasty reaction fire.  :o
But I guess I have to live with it now. Now an early Heavy Freighter is close to impossible in Jack Sparrow level. At least very hard in an open craft like the Fortuna.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:50:05 pm by DaEMon »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 28, 2018, 03:18:54 am »
yeah game is not balanced to JS, its hard mode for a reason.  ::) But yeah even on difficulty where the enemy isn't getting 20% stat buffs it takes 2 shots.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 28, 2018, 07:04:31 pm »
Thrown explosives can be used without provoking reaction fire, assuming the tank is facing the other way and close enough. Land mines can also be thrown right under the tank.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 28, 2018, 07:12:18 pm »
Can barrel bombs one shot tanks?They are a bit heavy so they might not be thrown as far as some other explosives but could they actualy do it?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #912 on: October 28, 2018, 07:31:04 pm »
Can barrel bombs one shot tanks?They are a bit heavy so they might not be thrown as far as some other explosives but could they actualy do it?

amybe only if they(barrels) would .."surrounding tank, - at least from 2 "sides´, but rather from even 3_sides (as "aysley" (ulička)

hehe, that whole barrels thing - pretty resemblance, reminders of classic Dooms´series  8) ;P

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 29, 2018, 12:45:13 pm »
Satchel charge has (had?) a chance to oneshoot it if you landed it directly underneath it. But tanks, especially no high difficulties, are a time to put your priceless stockpile of BFG batteries and baby nukes into use or run as the so called anti tank weaponry are better suited for dispatching power armoured foes than actually harming tanks.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 29, 2018, 06:39:37 pm »
I only saw one or two proper tanks so far, but a panzerfaust from the back still killed them.

Oh, I think one of them was before the change, so it doesn't count.