aliens

Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 302514 times)

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #480 on: August 11, 2018, 11:46:26 am »
I confirm all your advices. The pedia was a real help.

Also the drop-down-menu in the equipment screen shows all currently available equipment for Sea oder O-G.
Can I somewhere see, what equipment in general is for example capable for Sea? (or O-G)? I mean the equipment I haven`t yet in my stock for example.

And one question about the nuclear battery (necessary for the EMP-Grenade):
I did the siberian base and researched the russian files and the laser weapons following. But no nuclear battery was received.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:55:23 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 11, 2018, 01:50:30 pm »
Can I somewhere see, what equipment in general is for example capable for Sea? (or O-G)? I mean the equipment I haven`t yet in my stock for example.
Bootypedia or the game files.

I did the siberian base and researched the russian files and the laser weapons following. But no nuclear battery was received.
Nuclear batteries are gotten by disassembling Killer Droid Mk.801s. Those can be found in the Abandoned Sattelite mission or, rarely, in Passenger Ferrying missions.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 11, 2018, 08:03:50 pm »
A question about the Voodoo School:
I got there people for almost 5 game years, they didn`t develop any further.
Have I done something wrong?

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 09:18:52 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 11, 2018, 09:37:04 pm »
No you're not doing anything wrong, unlike vanilla Xcom VooDoo power can't be raised, and the VooDoo skill is capped, the skill cap is based on the unit type, i.e. 40 for gals, 60 for slave soldiers, etc.   Once you have a unit in the school and they get a +0 at the end of the month, they're capped.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 11, 2018, 10:20:57 pm »
Ah, ok, that makes it understandable.

So voodoo seems a little underpowered in Piratez.

Aren`t there any classes that can go higher with voodoo skill?

And about the rod. Can the effects (stun damage) be negated?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 11, 2018, 10:36:24 pm »
Voodoo is still quite powerful, but it is computed differently. Most voodoo items use X% of (Strength x skill) x accuracy of the tool's fire mode. Stats are balanced for this different set of computations.

Slaves soldiers have the best raw stat potential, but less available stat boosts from outfits. Gals also have much better minimum voodoo power. Generally about the same overall performance, but what works out the best depends on what you get in stat RNG.

There are plenty of restorative items for stun. Go read the pedia entries for thing like canteens and oxygen tanks.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 11, 2018, 10:57:29 pm »
I'm not so sure I'd call it underpowered, but yeah it's not like you're going to be able to MC everything on the battlefield in 1 turn like you could in vanilla Xcom.  I think the highest VooDoo skill I've seen was on a slave soldier who was at 70, but screening slave soldiers is kind of detrimental as you lose the slave.  I've seen peasants with high 60's and they're cheap so they're a lot more screenable without hurting your resources.  All the pirate gals, hands, warriors, vetrans, escaped lunatics cap out in the low to mid 60's, Freaks can go a little higher than the rest but screening gals is really expensive (especially if you keep too many around and your officers get promoted really high).  Lokk'naars cap out around 50.  Then you have to take into account the skill caps.  VooDoo equip uses a formula using power and skill so you really want both to be high.  All that being said you're highest raw power/skill will come from Peasants and Slave Soldiers but they can't wear any of the fancy VooDoo armor, they can only use the various devices.  Something to keep in mind as wall is that armors can raise and lower VooDoo power.

As far as mitigating stun, energy, bravery, etc, effects from using VooDoo skills, there are a bunch of different consumables that you can carry around and use as necessary, Finely distilled rum is a nice portable "all in one" option with a decent amount of uses per effect.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 12, 2018, 12:13:43 am »
I`m looking for metal ore.

Need this for the enriched uranium.
Any idea, where I can take this from? Or can I "manufacture" it?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 12, 2018, 12:30:12 am »
excavator ufos have a large amount of ore, also the prospector craft generates a few if used in a ground battle.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 12, 2018, 01:23:47 am »
What is meant in the pedia, when an armor is "SLV"?

Does that mean "slave"?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 01:42:51 am by LouisdeFuines »

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 12, 2018, 01:38:58 am »
Yes, 'slv' is an abbreviation for slave.

See attached for recruiting slaves.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 12, 2018, 02:13:44 am »
Thank you for the help!

Does it only seem to me or is it so:
Can research only be done in the starting base due to the Old Earth Lab?

I`m in endgame but still haven`t found a possibility to build a new lab.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 12, 2018, 03:05:21 am »
There are a lot of buildings that provide room for your scientists (brainers). Some of the better ones include the study room, data centre and computer core and these can be built in any base. The Old Earth Lab is only available in your first base and cannot be rebuilt; lose the lab and it is permanently gone.

To my knowledge there is a special ammunition for one gun that needs the old earth lab to be manufactured, but that's hardly critical. You can theoretically complete the campaign using only single brainer in a mess hall.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #493 on: August 12, 2018, 05:24:00 am »
I'm pretty sure you can rebuild the Old Lab, for something like $75,000,000.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 12, 2018, 10:20:17 am »
unlike vanilla Xcom VooDoo power can't be raised
Please note that Voodoo Power can be improved by using Blood Magic (part of Masochist armor).

To my knowledge there is a special ammunition for one gun that needs the old earth lab to be manufactured, but that's hardly critical. You can theoretically complete the campaign using only single brainer in a mess hall.
Fairy Dragon and D/A: Personal Computer require the LAB function which is only provided by the Old Earth Lab and the Biotech Lab.

I'm pretty sure you can rebuild the Old Lab, for something like $75,000,000.
No, you can't.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:28:51 am by cc »