Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 302482 times)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #465 on: August 10, 2018, 01:08:05 am »
The silver towers is a stupid UFO anyway that actively trolls you.  If you do manage to down it, assaulting it on the ground is a major pain; you need flying armor to get inside, it has no engines so there will never be an alternate way in via exploded hole, the layout is nuts, the only loot you get from it are hypno panels and not much else (a battleship provides way more loot than that while being relatively easier to take down), and it's full of high-ranking ethereals that'll mess you up with mind attacks and mind control (and the best counter against them, syns, can't fly to get inside).  The only plus side is that there's a guaranteed coordinator since the silver towers is always all ethereal and never the version with the waspites and gazers (if you see them, just flee if you were going for a coordinator because there won't be one), and no engines to blow up means there's no risk of him being dead before the mission starts.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 10, 2018, 10:01:39 am »
Aside from mindtwisting, difficult layout and general vision-problems with ethereals they also use those beam attacks that ignore all armor and do alot of health-damage.

This late in the game, some sort of self-healing uniform is needed. Bio-/Pestulator Suits can soak up some pain but they can't fly tho.
The saviour outfit can fly and does melee-stun attacks to fight inside the craft. Also the best medkit in the game so far.

If you wanna prepare for the worst and this craft is one of the hardest to beat, stack up on cakes and mushroom beer to keep the health-pools near max.
The beam causes treatable wounds, so 1 wound can be patched with 8-9 HP each (nano-surgery or saviour-medkit).

Hypno-panels are worth some do$h but in case you need the coordinator only, stun him/her and bail out. Unless you need some more godly brains for some more sorceress-outfits.

On topic of the coordinator. What happened to the custom sprite for the coordinator? I can't find the mod-option to turn the sprite into a sassy lady anymore :/

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 10, 2018, 01:59:54 pm »
Cant you just make a UFO side breach by that point of the game? With high end Fusion/Plasma tech that shouldnt be a problem.
Even Chinese Dragon should do, though I didnt use one since its release. Iirc there is also a high damage Advanced Launcher ammo, capable of breaking through hulls.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 10, 2018, 02:49:02 pm »
I will try your thoughts out.

One other thing: I wanted to build a cyberdisc, but lack a "craft charger laser". As far as I can seen, I can`t dissamble anything for it. Where do I get this from?

Excuse me for returning to this topic, but has someone any idea where to get this f... craft charger laser?

@BBHood:
What about cutting holes into the Silver Tower with Fusion Torches to get entrys without the necessity of flying armor?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:29:46 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 10, 2018, 04:01:42 pm »
Can't be done since the UFO is always flying one level off the ground.  You need flying armor to get in.

they also use those beam attacks that ignore all armor and do alot of health-damage

The ghost beam does mind damage, which a syn is very resistant to.  I found syns overall to be very useful when facing ethereal forces, as they can shrug off plasma and mind attacks (the gazer's gaze attack is actually mind).  Just watch out for heavy plasma and sectopod lasers.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 10, 2018, 05:33:49 pm »
Can it be, that mercaneries disappear one day (eventually with a certain research?)?

I still need to interrogate a mercenary engineer, but they stopped coming.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 10, 2018, 05:38:46 pm »
I don't think there's anything that removes mercs from a game.  All I can suggest is to just be patient; eventually they'll do another merc contract run, or they might even set up a secret base if you're (un)lucky.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 10, 2018, 07:42:57 pm »
@BBHood:
Any idea where to get the craft laser charger from?

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 10, 2018, 08:21:55 pm »
About the craft charger laser, at some point you can manufacture those.  I forget the exact techs you need since the research tree is more of a tangle than a tree.  Laser weapon assembly would be a good starting point though.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 10, 2018, 10:36:53 pm »
Any idea where to get the craft laser charger from?
Both production and buy requirements are listed in the Tech Tree, just like all the times you asked before. If you're repeatedly given advice, you're expected to eventually start listening.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 10, 2018, 10:57:15 pm »
Got it! It was an item to buy AND to build! Got it in my lists, when got super-self-charger as prize.

Thank you for the advice.

One thing about O-G armour.
I don`t seem to have any O-G armour apart from the space suit (which isn`t marked 0-G). Can I only bring O-G-suits to Cydonia? I really like to use the Harbinger suit. In the pedia is written, it can be used in space, but is not 0-G armour. How do these informations fit together?

So asked clearly: What is 0-G armour? Which armour can be used in space?

And: What armour and weapons can I use underwater?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:19:54 am by LouisdeFuines »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 11, 2018, 01:08:23 am »
Cydonia isn't a 0-G environment so space suits and the like are not strict requirements.  However, it still requires a type of armor known as exosuits; the fluff mentions stuff about extraterrestrial planets and the like, but in the scope of this game it just really all boils down to "this armor is Cydonia-compatible".  The space suit is an exosuit; in fact, it's the minimum armor you need for Cydonia as incompatible armor will default to it.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 11, 2018, 01:16:09 am »
Space or underwater outfits have separate pedia entries for there versions in alternate environments, the one you see when you research a outfit is always the land version. Space capable have (0-G) after the name, and underwater (Sea) after the name.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 11, 2018, 01:29:03 am »
as to what you can use where, the way I check is to go to the craft equip screen and hit the drop down menu for 0-G, Underwater, Infiltration, etc. and only stuff I can use shows up in the inventory to add to the mission.  There's probably other ways to check but that's generally the most convenient for me as the only time I'm checking that stuff is when I'm about to launch one of those missions.  Armor can be checked by the "what to wear?" button on the mission popups, it will list all the compatible armor that you have discovered.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 11, 2018, 09:21:24 am »
Armor can be checked by the "what to wear?" button on the mission popups, it will list all the compatible armor that you have discovered.
That doesn't work for Cydonia.
The list of armor usable on Cydonia is as follows:

Hands:
Space Suit
Bio Suit
Pestulator Suit
Moloch Armor
Superhero Armor
Annihilator Suit
Sorceress Outfit
Furiosa Armor
Ghost Outfit
Loader Suit
Harbinger Power Armor

Spectre:
Spectre (the only armor available to the eponymously named soldier type.)

Synth:
All armors.

Slave:
Space Suit
Loader Suit
Testudo Human Power Armor

Peasant:
Space Suit
Loader Suit

Lokk'Naar:
Lokk'Naar Space Suit
Lokk'Naar Shadow Armor

If I recall correctly, the Superhero armor is the earliest "proper" armor that is 0-G capable.