Author Topic: 40k Bug/crashes/problem´s report  (Read 159293 times)

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: 40k Bug/crashes/problem´s report
« Reply #405 on: January 14, 2023, 02:38:02 pm »
Please read the error message and increase the chance for being helped from 5 % to 98 %. Thanks

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 16, 2023, 12:47:36 pm »
Keep getting this error when trying to enter battlescape any help would be appreciated.

for what i see you missinstalled or not installed openxcom extender

Offline Jokerke12

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 05, 2023, 12:23:17 am »
Hello, sorry if this is not the place to ask about this, but I can't find how to turn on Soldier Marks. I'm assuming those are this mod's statstrings equivalent, but that mod is only available for UFO and TFTD, and turning it on there doesn't do anythng for 40K. I also saw on the mod . io page of this mod saying: "(Optional) Turn on the Stat Strings mod under Options > Mods", but there is no "Mods" page in "Options" for me. I searched in "Advanced" too, just in case, but found nothing.

So, how do I turn on statstrings? I cannot find the option to turn it on.

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 06, 2023, 10:05:59 pm »
You can download the 40k submods for factions and stat strings from this repository.

Offline Jokerke12

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 07, 2023, 01:27:12 am »
You can download the 40k submods for factions and stat strings from this repository.

Thank you very much!

Offline Nosferator

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 26, 2023, 02:45:36 pm »
Very often errors pop up when I attack downed ships. It seems that I have crooked hands and I installed the mod very clumsily. But I downloaded the ready-made assembly and still...

Edit: I've attached a save just in case.

A downed ship in southern Africa does not allow itself to be attacked ...

« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 02:48:55 pm by Nosferator »

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 02, 2023, 03:47:52 pm »
Very often errors pop up when I attack downed ships. It seems that I have crooked hands and I installed the mod very clumsily. But I downloaded the ready-made assembly and still...

Edit: I've attached a save just in case.

A downed ship in southern Africa does not allow itself to be attacked ...

I can't reproduce your error but you can always try to unzip the mods (move the zips out of the mods folder).

Offline Nosferator

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 03, 2023, 04:11:59 pm »
I can't reproduce your error but you can always try to unzip the mods (move the zips out of the mods folder).
Thank you very much. Unziping worked. I don't understand why, but it worked. Unfortunately, it turned out to be Nurgle's ship...

Offline Nosferator

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 05, 2023, 07:45:05 am »
Started playing for the Battle sisters again. Nurgle's forces attack the outpost. I complete the move. Zombies explode, Nurglings appear. Melta Nurgling's  burns through all of Big Sister's side armor and sends her into the land of dreams (I still think Nurglings are too dangerous). And this is where something strange happens. A cocked grenade fell out of my sister's inventory. Naturally, it exploded. But when it was my turn again... The Big sister woke up. And she is absolutely fine (except for a couple of injuries) ... Very strange.

Edit: And why my Nurglings have not this overpowered range melta attack?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 05:40:29 pm by Nosferator »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 22, 2023, 03:20:44 pm »
Code: [Select]
name: "40k"
version: "033"
author: "bulletdesigner, Ryskeliini, ohartenstein23 with help from all OXC forum, special thks to all who help"
description: "40k mod"
id: 40k
master: xcom1
isMaster: true
resourceConfig: Ruleset/vars40k.rul
loadResources:
  - UFO
reservedSpace: 2
requiredExtendedVersion: "7.7.3"

@bulletdesigner: Please remove the `loadResources: - UFO` entry from the metadata.yml file.

This attribute is intended for top-level masters only (xcom1, xcom2, etc.)
Not-top-level masters (e.g. 40k, piratez, xcf, etc.) don't need it; and it can cause some file load order issues.
Normal mods (e.g. twots, fmp, etc.) also don't need it and the game alredy ignores it.

In OXCE v7.9, the game will automatically ignore it also for not-top-level masters (e.g. 40k, piratez, xcf, etc.), but please remove it so that other modders don't copy it from your mod by accident.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 27, 2023, 01:55:34 pm »
Ok i will remove it

Offline JackAttack

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 08, 2023, 11:24:42 pm »
When "Restore Fallen Brother" is used by the Deathwatch, the Dreadnought loses its chapter insignia, returns to watch marine rank, and is not promotable.

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 11, 2023, 02:45:29 pm »
Good evening. May I please ask for some assistance with this issue I am currently experiencing? Note that I have the latest versions of both ROSIGMA (2.2) and 40k (035.1). I have already asked in the ROSIGMA thread, but I do not have a definitive solution from their end yet. Thank you.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 12, 2023, 02:05:46 pm »
Good evening. May I please ask for some assistance with this issue I am currently experiencing? Note that I have the latest versions of both ROSIGMA (2.2) and 40k (035.1). I have already asked in the ROSIGMA thread, but I do not have a definitive solution from their end yet. Thank you.
I advise you go to discord ROSIGMA: https://discord.com/invite/qY5V2vYqPM , but by the looks of it , is probably bad installation on your end, try to reinstall the latest OXCE

Offline Harmondale2

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 01, 2023, 12:41:02 pm »
Hey hey, just started playing again after ages and did a fresh install of the latest version 36, and OXCE 7.9.8, with sub mods 40k StatStrings and 40k Cutscenes 33. Not sure if this is an issue for just me so thought i'd explain what a did to fix these minor issues.

I noticed the actual assault mark no longer displays, instead shows "{", obviously very minor but thought i'd let you know. Screenshot below of it. I changed it too an "X" in the "Statstrings40k.rul" file to fix.

Also the Cutscenes wouldn't work, showing the incoming vox transmission videos as if the mod wasn't installed. Found that the new "Videos40k.rul" file seemed to be looking for the vox video files of the main mod rather then the cutscene mod files. I deleted "Resources/ANIMS/" in front of each video file so it took the mod files again and now all works good.

i.e
"   - type: intro #c1
    useUfoAudioSequence: false
    videos:
      - Resources/ANIMS/intro.FLC
    audioTracks:
      - KYRIE"

into

"  - type: intro #c1
    useUfoAudioSequence: false
    videos:
      - intro.FLC