Author Topic: What do you do with Dr. X?  (Read 26042 times)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
What do you do with Dr. X?
« on: July 11, 2018, 07:05:30 am »
I think enough time has passed (and I just got her too) that we can freely discuss Dr. X's fate when you beat her in that one-on-one Gravball fight.  There are 5 choices that are mutually exclusive, kinda like picking a codex:

- Recruiting her gets you the Biotech Lab, which is basically an Old Earth Lab with a 10-brainer capacity.  Along with the Old Earth Lab function, it also provides its own unique Biotech function although I'm not sure what needs such a function if they're even implemented yet.  Note that you must NOT loot the Spector aircar if you want to build this lab.
- Pranking her gets you... um, free tech?  Out of all the choices, this one provides the most lore out of Dr. X; but there appears to be nothing to do with her once she's all researched out.  Either this part is incomplete, or I'm missing something from only looking at the tech tree viewer and the full Bootypedia in quick battle.
- Humiliating her eventually turns her into a vampire that you can use as an auxiliary unit.  And don't worry if she dies in battle (unless she gets overkilled and doesn't leave behind a corpse), you can revive her afterwards.
- Banishing her gets you nothing, she's gone forever and that's the end of that.  Out of all the choices, this one provides the most infamy (score).
- Merchandising her lets you exchange her for a lot of money and Jack bounty tokens.  You can still get some free tech out of her before making the exchange.

So what did you do with your Dr. X?  I was boring and just hired her because I wanted two Old Earth Labs.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:28:20 am by Dioxine »

Offline lancev

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do with Dr. X?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 10:32:55 am »
Probably to early to judge, since obviously not everything is implemented yet:
What good is the [BIO] function of the lab? What do you need Zombie juice for? Will you be able to look for her other experiments with further research?

As far as I can see, the benefits are:
Hire: +250p; 4/9 unique Research; Ocular, Lab OR Car
Prank: -500p; 9/9 unique Research; Car, Lab (also follows from one of her unique research, but with a score penalty)
Humiliate/Enslave: +1000p; 4/9 unique Research; Ocular, Car, Slave (which you can milk for an infinite amount of Zombie juice)
Humiliate/Abuse: +1000p; 6/9 unique Research; Ocular, Car, Vampire (combat unit)
Banish: +2500p; 0/9 unique Research; Ocular, Car
Merchandise: +1000p; 5/9 unique Research; Ocular, Car, 2M$, 2000 Jacks Bounty

Banish right now is a waste.
Merchandise gives you a quick boost in tokens, but you get nothing unique.
Hire seems inferior to Prank, since you just get the ocular for far less research.
The vampire is not a bad combat unit, but is less useful late game.
The usefulness of the slave depends on the future usefulness of the zombie juice.

I went with prank.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 12:52:59 pm »
Either prank or humilate/abuse seem the best 2 choices.

The x-vamp combat unit if gotten early is exceptionally effective at speeding along key captures since you dont care as much about risking it as it can be rezed unlike other users of seduction. Not to mention its massive voodoo power and skill. That said the the "fuel" for the rez is a bit rare.

The car is exceptional for a battery type craft, being well armed with 2 light slots, high speed, high capacity(including an aux slot) and only slightly less durable then the pachy, missing out on it is a big blunder imo.

The ocular while interesting as the "best"(cheap TU and usable by anyone) way to see enemy status, is not terribly worth getting. Seeing stats is largely irrelevant for anyone but the newest players. And they wont likely realize what it does right away. Also one of a kind and easily lost or destroyed in battle.

Biolab is decent if not exceptional in that it allows you to outsource research functions to another base well before the C-core comes around. Im all for the choice of where to put my tech assets. There is nuff to cram into the first base as it is. No biolab keyed stuff that i can find as yet.

The above taken into consideration i would probably chose prank option most of the time. The vampire while good does not outweigh the usefulness of shifting research out of the main base.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 02:11:38 pm »
Prank: -500p; 9/9 unique Research; Car, Lab (also follows from one of her unique research, but with a score penalty)

Both the car and the lab?  I knew I was missing something with Prank.  Oh well, can't turn back now so I'll just make that choice next time; and maybe by then, more things would have been implemented to make full use of the lab.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 11:05:12 pm »
Just heads up: Banish option is of course the worst atm, but it will be required for some other story stuff that will be implemented in the future. In other words: there will be 3 more characters like her, and getting some benefits from them might be mutually exclusive with getting benefits from Dr. X.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 09:03:35 pm »
Deleted. Found solution.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 09:11:30 pm by Cristao »

Offline machinehater

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 05:14:46 pm »
I did humiliate her, and now i have the x. Corruption: 50 in my prision and do not know what to do with it.
Hoe can i get the others (:60, :70, ,80 and :90)?
Just wait?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 04:18:38 am »
if i recall right all the other steps require manufacture projects to advance, in a similar manner to bounty prizes

Offline machinehater

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 09:16:56 pm »
ohh, now i found it, the item is called "humiliate dr. x", thank you!
I never found it, because i searched "corruption" everywhere

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2020, 09:02:40 pm »
I'll go with pranking her, just to squeeze water outta stone for as much lore as possible. Thought about recruitment but that means loosing Spector car which I cannot allow, and turning her into X-Vampiress for some juicy lore stuff but she'll end up wasting precious ship space eventually. Jack's tokens will also be missed. It made for a fun challenge deciding and weighting mutually exclusive benefits.

UPDATE
Ok the preparations took longer than expected (researched everything possible before School Graduation and Dr. X stuff) so after initiating research in 6 bases, where 10 brainiers each were doing separate Dr. X topics, I managed to unlock SPECTOR (great vessel), Pranking (lore), Humiliation (Vampiress) and Banishment (+2500 infamy). Although all 6 topics unlocked at the same time somehow I lost Recruitment and Merching her (but I still got infamy for both). I expected exploiting this was a thing in the past and patched over time so I'm happy to get my extra Vampire at least. With a heavy heart I parted with BioTech Lab and 2000 Jack's tokens :(
UPDATE 2
Ok I lost the Vampress path. It got stuck at Corruption: 60 research which depends on Humiliate Her which got disabled by Prank Her (primary choice). Being able to manufacture Corruption: 60 got my hopes up and I didn't bother to look further then. On the plus side, and a BIG one at that, researching Prank Her path (Affection: 40) over and over again somehow led to unlocking BioTech Lab blueprints :D So in the end I got the main objects of my desires: SPECTOR, lore stuff, and Bio Lab (great for secondary brainer HQ)!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 09:11:54 pm by Nilex »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 12:51:58 am »
I've been waiting on pranking her, because a certain purple lady has yet to come back to me with a second message.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 11:37:05 pm »
Any thoughts on what to do with her after L8 update?

Prank path now further branches into Marriage (+2000 Infamy, Land Deed, misc) or Knighthood (possibly new Auxilia & !Blacksun Base!). Both sub-paths are WIP and unfinished, leaving room for speculation. The former might yield few more unique research topics (top priority for me) and perhaps permanent passive buff once the sub-path reaches its end (research progress multiplier would be cool). The latter on the other hand surely creates a new Auxilia, wielding The Black Falcon no doubt. An human-like antithesis to existing X-Vampire path (which coincidentally also received an upgrade of some kind). New mission is incredibly tempting and extra unit would fit well with oddly spacious Fortuna while remaining places are filled by deadly dozen clearing the map in pairs.

Or is best course of action just to delay the choice until the future crystallizes?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 06:58:49 pm »
At the moment marry seems to be the best fork out of the prank route. So far as i can find the blacksun base isn't implemented nor does the knighting give you a unit.

The knighthood appears to be the lead to siding with the humanists for one of the eventual alt endings, but is a dead end with less reward atm since you pass up on a hefty chunk of score and some loot.

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2021, 11:24:12 pm »
Admittedly, at the level you're at by the time you have access to those options, it's really more a small chunk of score rather than a hefty chunk of score, you're probably pulling at least 15-20K score on a slow month, so 2K isn't so much "hefty" anymore.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2021, 01:38:22 am »
Any thoughts on what to do with her after L8 update?

Prank path now further branches into Marriage (+2000 Infamy, Land Deed, misc) or Knighthood (possibly new Auxilia & !Blacksun Base!). Both sub-paths are WIP and unfinished, leaving room for speculation. The former might yield few more unique research topics (top priority for me) and perhaps permanent passive buff once the sub-path reaches its end (research progress multiplier would be cool). The latter on the other hand surely creates a new Auxilia, wielding The Black Falcon no doubt. An human-like antithesis to existing X-Vampire path (which coincidentally also received an upgrade of some kind). New mission is incredibly tempting and extra unit would fit well with oddly spacious Fortuna while remaining places are filled by deadly dozen clearing the map in pairs.

Or is best course of action just to delay the choice until the future crystallizes?

knighthood? ?

what do you means, with it ? (what does it means)