Author Topic: tentacle Hives, and the women that love them.  (Read 170 times)

Offline deltarno

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
tentacle Hives, and the women that love them.
« on: April 16, 2024, 08:55:21 pm »
Hey all, got a problem shaped like a Tentacle hive.  Namely, I'm not sure how to beat/subdue them.  The 'pedia mentions something about having them tire themselves out on a willing girl, but that didn't work.  Not sure what that says about my girls, but still.  Then I tried the militant ways, dynamite and ogre shotguns.  Didn't even break the shields on one of them after two booms and twelve shots.  If I could bring in a team, I'm sure they would be no threat, but how does one deal with them three on one?

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: tentacle Hives, and the women that love them.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 04:20:15 am »
My approach is:
Spoiler:
Is that the mission where only one gnome is allowed, and you need to go down a hole and cannot retrieve items from your starting loot ?

Tentacle monsters are blue shielded, if I recall correctly. Therefore they are vulnerable to daze. And their attack mode is charm.

Therefore bring a gnome, nude. And arm her with a shotgun with daze ammo. Bring lots of extra ammo, a canteen, a pick-axe, and if available an item that reduce stun. I throw down the hole the loot items before venturing down in.

Good luck.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: tentacle Hives, and the women that love them.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 08:49:57 am »
(No, I will not hide under spoilers!)
A nude gnome with 2 sculls is almost immune to charm, so she probably can melee all 3 tentacle monsters.
You can rush this by using 2 riot grenades and finish the rest with melee. There are 2 ways to approach the tentacle nest: from below and from above. You should choose latter method, it is more safe to throw stuff from there. Another great weapon for this mission is TK Projector.
But be warned: it is very easy to hit yourself with either riot grenade or TK Projector in which case you loose (gnome and craft). Make sure you are standing on the edge of the cliff before throwing.