Author Topic: [OXCE][TC] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.11.0  (Read 88407 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
A new update is ready now.

UNEXCOM v.0.7.3 Vendetta Burns Inside is alive now!

What's new in this update?

Changes made:
* Fixed isued related to wrongly defined startingBase that caused a crash on Base Defense (Special thanks to Meridian, Warboy, SupSuper and Luke83, who had the patience to sit down and take a look)
* Fixed missing Pilot paperdoll MAN5_F3
* Fixed issue with FN FAL not appearing on Starting Base
* Fixed issue with missing USA Support image
* Fixed issue with F-4 Phantom and F-104 Starfighter
* Mercenary troopers now have their own uniform designed (was the Special Forces Uniform)
* Added random Operation names (only on OXCE v5.6.4)
* Added random Base names (only on OXCE v5.6.4)
* Tweaked Pilot stats, by The Reaver of Darkness
* QoL changes:
   - Custom categories now used on Store
   - Less aliens will appear on Base Defense if alien transport was damaged by Base defenses
* Fixed issue with wrong craft weapons list on Starfighter
* Added new handObs, floorObs and bigObs to FN FSC and variants
* Fixed issues related to slow firing bullets and ammo without hitSound on many weapons
* Improved UNEXCOM basic Combat Uniform, women uses now berets and men uses helmets, improved battlescape sprites.
* New Hercules Paradrop map, now can carry 14 soldiers or 10 soldiers and one tank. Made by efrenespartano with help of The Reaver of Darkness
* New Backgrounds, to set the more more on the Cold War and the late Vietnam War
* Now Special Forces Support and Mercenary Support disables the other, if you choose one of them. Each research path have their own weapons and on future updates will have their unique missions.
* Reorganized startingBase to better distribute UN supplied weapons on starting craft
* New Police inventory paperdolls, made by Warboy
* Fixed KS23 Heavy Shotgun fire sound, noted by Meridian

Thank you for your work, I really liked the previous version and I'm sure this one will be even better when I will be able to run it! :)

Wow, the mod has improved A lot than I remember. I gotta keep up with all of these somehow, and hopefully I can assist with some bug hunts. Anyways, always keep up the good work efrenespartano!

Thanks a lot, folks! We are working to make the mod better each update. Don't forget to report any issue, sometimes we spend more time making new features than playing.

Join us at the Inventorum Development Team Discord, where you can try new updates and patches earlier!

https://discord.gg/DaQREsP

The screenshots below were taken using OXCE v5.6.2 running UNEXCOM v0.7.3 on LG Stylus 3 with Android 7.0

Enviado desde mi LG-M400 mediante Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 07:01:41 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello there!

UNEXCOM v.0.7.4.1 Vendetta Burns Inside is ready now!

What's new in this update?

Well, actually I posted the update yesterday and a few hours later, a quick patchfix to solve some Fatal crashes.

*We're still working on reworking the early game. Now the United Nations provides you with two Swedish J29 Tunnan aircraft fully equipped to face the UFOs while you get support from the World Superpowers. But you can't buy any more, so take care of them.

*In addition, decisions now carry a lot of weight. You can choose between asking for help from NATO or the USSR, but only one at a time, because the other permanent faction will withdraw its offer of support. In addition, the USSR offers several options to equip you with fighters (just like NATO), being able to choose between the expensive and powerful MiG-25 Foxbat or the light and cheap MiG-21 Fishbed. Likewise, choosing one option disables the other.

*The UN provides you with the FV701 Ferret at the beginning of the game instead of NATO. The European alliance now equips you with the FV601 Saladin, which is fast and powerful, with a 76mm cannon perfect for destroying terrain, though not so much other armor.

*Now there are new medical items to treat the wounded on the battlefield. Consequently, the Medikit research has moved on until after obtaining Alloy Manufacturing.

*The Reaver of Darkness is working to perfectly balance the weapons of the game. Currently, he balanced the Plasma Tier 3 weapons and fixed a lot of issues related to tanks and crafts stats.

The full list of changes is below!

Spoiler:
10-October-2019: v0.7.4.1 Vendetta Burns Inside
Changes made:
* Fixed Fatal crash related to Female Civilians sprite
* Fixed Male and Female Civilian drawingRoutine (was 4, now is the correct 0)
* Fixed issue with Rocket Pods not being equipable on aircrafts
* Improved new UN fighter Tunnan, NATO Draken, Starfighter fighter and Mirage bomber stats
* Slightly Improved Pilot strength stats
* Tweaked Medical items cost
* Improved stats of new NATO Tank FV601 Saladin (now is a little more faster and has sightly more armor)
* New inventory organization, with Quick Draw slot and a larger Belt
* All of the changes of v.0.7.4 remains

10-October-2019: v0.7.4 Vendetta Burns Inside
Changes made:
* Added Saab J29 Tunnan as Starting aircraft, provided by the United Nations (but unavailable for purchase on the Store)
* Redesigned startingBase to include free J29 Tunnans and their weapons, with enought ammo to withstand until further airplanes could be purchased
* Added flavour text to some UFOpedia entries, by efrenespartano and Ikhanad.
* Now you can only choose between asking NATO or USSR for support. Choosing one will disable the other.
* USSR now offers two options for fighters: expensive, superfast MiG-25 Foxbat or light and very cheap MiG-21 Fishbed (drawn by Andr). Choosing one disables the other permanently.
* New NATO Tank: FV601 Saladin Armoured Car, equiped with a 76mm Cannon and a secundary MG.
* Ferret Armoured Car moved to starting tank provided by the United Nations, improved graphics and updated UFOPedia entry to better match the tank.
* Changed tech requirements of plasma weapons, by The Reaver of Darkness.
* Added human versions of AlienArmouryExpanded plasma, by The Reaver of Darkness.
* Re-balanced plasma weapons, by The Reaver of Darkness.
* Fixed issues related to Elerium ammo for RPG-7 and Carl Gustaf M2 being available from the start and CG M2 not available on the Store.
* Balanced armors and weapons of tanks, by efrenespartano and The Reaver of Darknes
* Added three new Food items:
   - Canned Food, to quickly recover stamina and some health.
   - Cigarettes, to recover morale (with a penalty to health). Drawn by Andr.
   - Flask (filled up with bourbon), to quickly recover morale, with some stunning side-effects. Drawn by Andr.
* Added three new Medical items:
   - Medical Bag, replacing the starting Medikit with a heavier variant.
   - Field Dressing, to quickly patch up mortal wounds.
   - Medical Pouch, small first-aid kit designed to quickly recover health. Drawn by Andr.
* New sprites for Smoke Grenade, renamed to M18 Smoke Grenade. Drawn by Andr.
* Medikit now requires Alloy Manufacturing to research and 4 Alien Alloy units to be build
* Fixed issue with crashing Alien Base alienDeployments definition (the mapblock has 6 tiles of height, were defined as 2).
* Fixed issue with Aircraft IDs that made impossible to intercept UFOs on the Geoscape
* Added new Custom categories to aircraft weapons and tanks.
* Fixed UFOPedia entries showing all of the weapons. Now they propper appear after their respective Faction Support research is completed.
* Improved shieldCapacity of many UFOs. The probability that the UFOs of the Scout class are HKs has been increased.
* Improved Male and Female Civilian armor (weapons no longer float in the air).
* Fixed minor issues with some research and Elerium Fusion UFOPedia entry.
* Now it takes longer to get USA/NATO/USSR Support research (was 200, now 800)
* Special Forces and Mercenary Support research now are unlocked from Alloy Manufacturing, instead USA/NATO/USSR Support (because now NATO disables USSR and vice versa and made impossible to get SF/Merc Support)
* Balanced Ballistic Weapons, removed overkill from many ammo types.
* Tweaked Tank MG round prices. Now are cheaper and all have 50 rounds with a 5 shot autoshot

Join us at the Inventorum Development Team Discord, where you can try new updates and patches earlier!

The screenshots below were taken using OXCE v5.6.2 running UNEXCOM v0.7.4.1 on LG Stylus 3 with Android 7.0

« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 07:35:27 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello there!

News update!

After more than a year, we have finally resumed work in the Lunar Missions. We have made a totally new terrain, different from the one we were originally going to use.

For those of you who are already in our Discord chat, you are probably already aware of this, but still, we share it here.
Here are screenshots of a lunar mission, important for the campaign.

In addition, we include our new Space Shuttle! A dream-come true for all of you fans of the space exploration! Personally, I've been dreaming about having a Shuttle in Xcom since the first time I played.

We also included a new space suit, made using as basis a spacesuit made originally by liberation, improved by Finnik and further modified by me. It is based on the real life A7L spacesuit used by the Apollo and Skylab crews.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 05:42:58 am by efrenespartano »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Very nice! I love both the shuttle and the suit. Just remember how heavy these suits are in real life :)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile

Very nice! I love both the shuttle and the suit.

Thank you for your kind words, very appreciated coming from you, mate.

Just remember how heavy these suits are in real life :)

Yes! I'm thinking to give it a penalization of -15 to TUs, -15 to stamina and -10 to all other stats. Also, some reduction to sight range

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Yes! I'm thinking to give it a penalization of -15 to TUs, -15 to stamina and -10 to all other stats. Also, some reduction to sight range

That's still pretty generous. This is what I did with a similar suit:

Code: [Select]
    visibilityAtDark: 7
    visibilityAtDay: 20
    personalLight: 10
    weight: 7
    stats:
       tu: -30
       stamina: -15
       firing: -10
       throwing: -15
       melee: -15
    frontArmor: 8
    sideArmor: 8
    rearArmor: 8
    underArmor: 8
    meleeDodge:
      reactions: 0.1
    meleeDodgeBackPenalty: 0.5
    recovery:
      mana:
        flatHundred: -0.01
      morale:
        flatHundred: -0.1
        manaNormalized: 14.0
      time:
        tu: 0.5
        manaNormalized: 125.0
      energy:
        manaNormalized: 10
        healthCurrent: 0.25
      stun:
        healthCurrent: 0.04
        health: -0.024
        stunCurrent: 0.036
        manaNormalized: 8.0
      health:
        stunNormalized: -0.1
    overKill: 1.5
    damageModifier:

Not saying you must do the same or anything, just giving something to ponder.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
That's still pretty generous. This is what I did with a similar suit:

Code: [Select]
    visibilityAtDark: 7
    visibilityAtDay: 20
    personalLight: 10
    weight: 7
    stats:
       tu: -30
       stamina: -15
       firing: -10
       throwing: -15
       melee: -15
    frontArmor: 8
    sideArmor: 8
    rearArmor: 8
    underArmor: 8
    meleeDodge:
      reactions: 0.1
    meleeDodgeBackPenalty: 0.5
    recovery:
      mana:
        flatHundred: -0.01
      morale:
        flatHundred: -0.1
        manaNormalized: 14.0
      time:
        tu: 0.5
        manaNormalized: 125.0
      energy:
        manaNormalized: 10
        healthCurrent: 0.25
      stun:
        healthCurrent: 0.04
        health: -0.024
        stunCurrent: 0.036
        manaNormalized: 8.0
      health:
        stunNormalized: -0.1
    overKill: 1.5
    damageModifier:

Not saying you must do the same or anything, just giving something to ponder.
Thanks, Solarius! Yes, I noticed that the space suit in XCF has -30 TUs, but I didn't knew it has other penalties.

I'll use your stats as reference. :) But definitely I'll give them a few more TUs, the weaklings need to fire their guns too. xD

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
In addition, we include our new Space Shuttle!

That really nailed the lunar look.

Nice work!

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
That really nailed the lunar look.

Nice work!

Thank you, The Martian! I really liked the image you shared, thank you very much for making it. I'll see how to implement it in the mod, if you don't have a problem with it.  ;D

Space exploration doesn't end here. This time we present you a human space station, which we will be able to visit in certain missions!

Created using a recolored LIGHTNIA mapset, created by The Reaver of Darkness, greatly enhanced by Luke83 for OXC Factions, as well as some tiles created by Dioxine for X-Piratez and several other tiles created by me.

At the moment, I'm still working on the Orbital map to be able to place this space station on a mission, but for now I share with you my advance.
More station models are planned, for various missions

A bit of info on this one:

Built in collaboration of the NASA, the ESA and the Soviet State Agency, is the state-of-the-art station, employing Alien Alloys as integral part of the structure.
The upper deck is an observation post. The middle deck is the main one, with the main scientific experiments and computers. On the right side of the station is the three-side dock bay, to allow Apollo or Soyuz capsules to attach.
The lower deck contains the crew quarters, with sleep pods for each one of the crew members
All around the structure are multiple solar arrays to power the station, antenna to increase the detection range and RCS thrusters to maneuver the station in orbit.
From time to time, the UFOs will try to assault it, steal its important data cores and shoot down the orbital installation. It's our job to defend it!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 07:27:13 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Wow! These surely would make Neil Tyson DeGrasse shed a tear of joy, imo! So pretty!

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Wow! These surely would make Neil Tyson DeGrasse shed a tear of joy, imo! So pretty!
I'm glad you liked it!

The best addition were the solar arrays, I love them. xD If you need them let me know. ;)

It still doesn't have a name. Feel free to suggest any, amigo!

I'll upload an Alien Space Station on the next days too.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
Thank you, The Martian! I really liked the image you shared, thank you very much for making it. I'll see how to implement it in the mod, if you don't have a problem with it.  ;D

Of course, please go ahead. ^_^

misterx

Some gameplay video is avaiable to watch?

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Very impressive graphics there, the Shuttle and the Space Station look/feel realistic. 8)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Some gameplay video is avaiable to watch?

Not by the moment. But that's the plan!

Very impressive graphics there, the Shuttle and the Space Station look/feel realistic. 8)

Thanks, new_civilian! I posted a working test mod of it on the Discord channel of UNEXCOM at our server, you can take a look at it plus some more testing stuff (like space fighters!)

NEWS UPDATE

We are working on a new enemy faction and some brand new missions! This time, we will fight against Terrorist! And the mission related to the Special Forces tech-tree: Terrorist Takedown

A group of terrorist has hijacked a plane and had taken hostages. The local government has requested UN support to seize the plane. It is our job to storm it, rescue the hostages and neutralize the terrorists! A new Flashbang Grenade will be added to help with this endeavor.

As you may notice, the plane is adapted from the old rusty Sunken Plane of TFTD, but reworked and improved. Shiny and new! Plane MCD made by Luke83 & efrenespartano, Airport terrain made by Luke83

Also, a new Terrorist made by our skilled artist Tingcat!

The next update will be mostly including Counter-terrorist operations. The Space update is still WIP, the maps and missions are done, but the maps' routes and tech-tree needs some more love.

Don't forget to join us at the IDT Discord Server! Free cookies for newcomers. :D

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 11:01:47 am by efrenespartano »