Author Topic: [OXCE][TC] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.11.0  (Read 88369 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: [OXCE] [WIP] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.2e release!
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2019, 01:50:22 am »
A new update is ready now.

UNEXCOM v.0.7.2 Vendetta Burns Inside is alive now, resurrected from death

What's new in this update?

Changes made:
* Updated to OXCE v.5.6.2, all of the crashing sprite indexes are working now.
* Added a brand new Ammo system. Now, instead of "Rifle + Rifle clip", weapons share the same ammo magazines. Now, you can share the mags of your AKM assault rifle with your RPKS light machine gun. Please, read the weapon's UFOPedia entry to see the ammo used by the gun in question.
* Added new weapon classes, each with its own playstyle: Pistols, Rifles, Carbines, SMG, Shotguns, Snipers, Artillery, LMG.
* Added new itemCategories to quickly find weapons: Ammo, USA, NATO, USSR, UNEXCOM, Civilian, Special Forces and Mercenary.
* Reworked Tier 1 BallisticWeapons
* Fixed issues by Andr, Blood Angel Tactical Marine, SG_Barton & DarkDust found on earlier Discord Previews.
* New soldierTypes: Special Forces Operator and Mercenary, unlockable after researching all of World Powers Support
* New Special Forces and Mercenary BallisticWeapons: MAT-49, Sawed-off Shotgun (modified from sprite made by Dioxine), Sawed-off M79 Thumper, Combat Knife and craftable variants of XM117 and FN FAL (you can mount a scope or a grenade launcher)
* Brand new starting game. Now you have some civilian weapons, a Huey and a Hercules, plus a few craft rocket launcher and Vulcan cannon. You should start asking the World Powers (USA, NATO, USSR) for additional support.
* New NATO Fighter options, you can choose between a fast fighter, a nimble fighter (drawn by Andr) or a heavy fighter. Choosing one disables the other two options.
* Balanced and fixed Plasma Weapons, by The Reaver of Darkness
* New Hercules Paradrop map
* New Huey map, made by Alex_D
* New Tier 2 crafts: VTOL Hind (map made by Alex_D) and Recon Satellite Atalaya
* Added new extraStrings to the aircraft weapon slots, now is easier to know what kind of weapon goes in what plane.
* Added new ranking system, Soldiers and Pilots have different rank badges and names. Pilots are better paid when they get a promotion.
* Pilots now have a better armor, more like the flight suit a fighter pilot would wear (stats fixed by The Reaver of Darkness)
* Now all terrains and alienDeployments have allied NPCs fighting along UNEXCOM. Depending on the size of the UFO, it is the number of allies that will appear. Allies vary from terrain to terrain (farmers Farmlands, on soldiers in the Jungle, Forest, etc). Police forces are now fixed to spawn on cities (between 4 and 10)
* New allied NPCs: Police SWAT (sprite by Hobbes), Female Farmer and Male Farmer (sprites by Solarius Scorch
* Overall ruleset & resources rework

It took longer than expected, but is finally here. Our beta-testers are hunting down bugs and issues, don't forget to report your feedback!

The screenshots below were taken by me running UNEXCOM on LG Stylus 3 with Android 7 (black bar) and taken by SG_Barton on Xiomi redmi 5 plus with Android 8.1 (white bar)

Enviado desde mi LG-M400 mediante Tapatalk

« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 10:00:44 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Gfixcom

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
The mod right now crashes on me at startup without any error message.

Last strings in log:
[27-09-2019_21-36-20]   [INFO]   Active mods:
[27-09-2019_21-36-20]   [INFO]   - xcom1 v1.0
[27-09-2019_21-36-20]   [INFO]   - UNEXCOM v0.7.2
[27-09-2019_21-36-21]   [INFO]   Loading rulesets...
[27-09-2019_21-36-22]   [INFO]   Loading fonts... Font.dat
[27-09-2019_21-36-22]   [INFO]   Lazy loading: 1

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Seems to work fine for me using latest oxce 5.62-see attached

Edit by Meridian: attachment removed (reason: contained original UFO data)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 12:00:29 am by Meridian »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile

The mod right now crashes on me at startup without any error message.

Last strings in log:
[27-09-2019_21-36-20]   [INFO]   Active mods:
[27-09-2019_21-36-20]   [INFO]   - xcom1 v1.0
[27-09-2019_21-36-20]   [INFO]   - UNEXCOM v0.7.2
[27-09-2019_21-36-21]   [INFO]   Loading rulesets...
[27-09-2019_21-36-22]   [INFO]   Loading fonts... Font.dat
[27-09-2019_21-36-22]   [INFO]   Lazy loading: 1

What version of OXCE are you using, mate?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Seems to work fine for me using latest oxce 5.62-see attached

Such files don't belong into forum attachments... especially when they contain original UFO data.

Please remove!

Offline Gfixcom

• Squaddie
    • View Profile

What version of OXCE are you using, mate?

OXCE 5.6.2 on MacOS.

By the way, I just noticed that I had lazy loading enabled. With it disabled I get a million errors about incorrect transparent colors in image files and finally some fatal missing files:

[27-09-2019_23-10-11]   [INFO]   Lazy loading: 0
[27-09-2019_23-10-11]   [INFO]   Loading extra resources from ruleset...
[27-09-2019_23-10-11]   [WARN]   Image Resources/FourthState/CraftWeapon/PlasmaArrayBB.png (from lodepng) have set incorrect transparent color index 255 instead of 0
[27-09-2019_23-10-12]   [WARN]   Image Resources/Units/MALE_CIVILIAN6.PNG (from lodepng) have set incorrect transparent color index 1 instead of 0
[27-09-2019_23-10-12]   [WARN]   Image Resources/BallisticWeapons/CombatArmor/Inventory/man_4m0.gif (from SDL) have set incorrect transparent color index 255 instead of 0
[27-09-2019_23-10-12]   [WARN]   Image Resources/BallisticWeapons/CombatArmor/Inventory/man_4m1.gif (from SDL) have set incorrect transparent color index 255 instead of 0
[27-09-2019_23-10-12]   [FATAL]   FileRecord::at(Resources/Soldiers/PilotArmor/INVENTORY/MAN_5F3.png): requested file not found.
[27-09-2019_23-10-12]   [ERROR]   FileRecord::at(Resources/Soldiers/PilotArmor/INVENTORY/MAN_5F3.png): requested file not found.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:12:45 pm by Gfixcom »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
OXCE 5.6.2 on MacOS.
Have you tried to make a clean OXCE installation?

I tested the new update on various Windows laptops (using Win7 and Win10) and Android phones (using Android 5.1, 7.0 and 8.1) and worked on all of them. But unfortunately I don't have any MacOS device to test by myself. :(

Also, are you using the zipped mod folder or uncompressed?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
MacOS is probably case-sensitive, so it doesn't recognize the INVENTORY directory, because it's actually called Inventory.

However worse news as this simple fix is that Mac doesn't read 8bit GIFs well and this mod has a lot of them, so even if you fix the case issue(s), a lot of images may end up black or random noise. At least that happened last time I tried.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:31:11 pm by Meridian »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
MacOS is case-sensitive, so it doesn't recognize the INVENTORY directory, because it's actually called Inventory.

However worse news as this simple fix is that Mac doesn't read 8bit GIFs well and this mod has a lot of them, so even if you fix the case issue(s), a lot of images may end up black or random noise.
Ah, good to know!

I'll convert all of the .gif images to .png to avoid further issues on MacOS. Thanks for the tip, Meridian.

Offline Gfixcom

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
MacOS is probably case-sensitive, so it doesn't recognize the INVENTORY directory, because it's actually called Inventory.

However worse news as this simple fix is that Mac doesn't read 8bit GIFs well and this mod has a lot of them, so even if you fix the case issue(s), a lot of images may end up black or random noise. At least that happened last time I tried.

Actually MacOS (if it has the default APFS file system, as is the case in my instance and I guess 99 percent of other users) is case-insensitive by default, has been for many years, as opposed to Linux.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Actually MacOS (if it has the default APFS file system, as is the case in my instance and I guess 99 percent of other users) is case-insensitive by default, has been for many years, as opposed to Linux.

If so, then check if the file from the log is really missing... and reinstall the mod if it is.

Offline Gfixcom

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
If so, then check if the file from the log is really missing... and reinstall the mod if it is.

The file is indeed missing, and it is missing in the mod itself (which i re-downloaded).
I've created the file (copied another one from the same folder) and now I have a new error.

[27-09-2019_23-49-53]   [FATAL]   FileRecord::at(Resources/Coherency/CraftWeapon/LaserArrayUfopedia.gif): requested file not found.
[27-09-2019_23-49-53]   [ERROR]   FileRecord::at(Resources/Coherency/CraftWeapon/LaserArrayUfopedia.gif): requested file not found.

Probably not the last file missing. Actually the whole folder is missing.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:51:54 pm by Gfixcom »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile

OXCE 5.6.2 on MacOS.

[27-09-2019_23-10-12]   [FATAL]   FileRecord::at(Resources/Soldiers/PilotArmor/INVENTORY/MAN_5F3.png): requested file not found.
[27-09-2019_23-10-12]   [ERROR]   FileRecord::at(Resources/Soldiers/PilotArmor/INVENTORY/MAN_5F3.png): requested file not found.

My bad, I didn't see the rest of your message.

Yes, I'm aware of this particular issue. Is related to Asian female Pilot, the file isn't on it's respective folder. I'll release a patch update this weekend with this and other bugs fixed. Meanwhile, you can quickfix it copying and renaming another female pilot inventory paperdoll "MAN_5F3.png".

Thanks for your report, Gfixcom!

Offline Gfixcom

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Yes, I'm aware of this particular issue. Is related to Asian female Pilot, the file isn't on it's respective folder. I'll release a patch update this weekend with this and other bugs fixed. Meanwhile, you can quickfix it copying and renaming another female pilot inventory paperdoll "MAN_5F3.png".

I did that, but there are other files missing still. I will wait for the update!
Thank you for your work, I really liked the previous version and I'm sure this one will be even better when I will be able to run it! :)

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
Wow, the mod has improved A lot than I remember. I gotta keep up with all of these somehow, and hopefully I can assist with some bug hunts. Anyways, always keep up the good work efrenespartano!