aliens

Author Topic: [OXCE][WIP] United Nations Extraterrestrial Combat Command | v0.8.7 released now  (Read 40020 times)

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
Glad to see that this mod is still in development. I played the very first version, and I am happy with the progress. I will have to play it again at some point.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Glad to see that this mod is still in development. I played the very first version, and I am happy with the progress. I will have to play it again at some point.

Yeah! We are working on side projects along this mod to further increase the lore of the project

Hint: A prequel and a sequel wink wink  ;)

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
If I have one to name one thing that does not fit, I'd say the tanks. Laser weapons and Aircraft are all unique to USSR, USA and NATO, only tank stays the same. It kinda bothers me lore-wise, AND, well, T-62 with Lazer sounds better.

Offline a1s

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Hi, really enjoying this mod of yours.
I have one question, however: what is the deal with terrorists? They can be researched, but have no UFOPedia articles. I specifically (and at high risk to my men) captured live terrorists  hoping they could be interrogated. So I turn to you: who are these terrorists and why am I fighting them?

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
If I have one to name one thing that does not fit, I'd say the tanks. Laser weapons and Aircraft are all unique to USSR, USA and NATO, only tank stays the same. It kinda bothers me lore-wise, AND, well, T-62 with Lazer sounds better.

Well, our plan is to add tanks, yeah! But currently we are focusing on the airplane (and space) features of the mod. The next thematic update will feature armored vehicles and changes to the way tanks are used.

Hi, really enjoying this mod of yours.
I have one question, however: what is the deal with terrorists? They can be researched, but have no UFOPedia articles. I specifically (and at high risk to my men) captured live terrorists  hoping they could be interrogated. So I turn to you: who are these terrorists and why am I fighting them?

There are some reports after your capture the leaders and commanders. If they aren't appearing, then it's a bug, i'll give it a look anyway.

The main motivation of the terrorist is
Spoiler:
just to wreak havoc all over the world. Initially, they were planned as a bunch of misfits and a hint at 70s terrorist group plus the baddies on Counter Strike and Battlefield Hardline. But later, they became some kind of proxy allied of the aliens, that's why you can be attacked by terrorists using plasma tech

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
A new update is ready now.

UNEXCOM v0.8.7 Above and Beyond is alive now!

What's new in this update?

Code: [Select]
20-Apr-2021 v0.8.7 Above and Beyond
Changes made:
*Fixed Tunnan article not appearing
*Fixed some alien races not having sectoid and ethereal officers, reported by Cupon4uk
*Increased SH-missile effectiveness against UFO shields
*Fixed some live aliens not disapearing after being researched
*Adjusted Long Rifle Ammo capacity to 14
*Fixed alloy sniper ammo being the wrong size, reported by Cupon4uk
*Fixed SKS ufopaedia category
*Fixed some ammunition types being visible in ufopaedia before appopriate research, reported by Rclipse
*Pilot armor now improves pilot interception stats
*Added images for small fighter and troop Lander
*Improved range of Hind, Hind now performs missile strike on the first turn
*Improved air strike item sprites
*Added alien lasers, rulesets by Brother^2, sprites by wolwerin
*Added Thin Man, rulesets by Brother^2, sprites by efrenespartano
*Fixed counterterrorist missions not appearing
*Added terrorist HQ raid mission, map by wolwerin
*Rebalanced mercenaries and special forces, moved their research behind terrorist arc progression
*M16 is now default rifle of USA path, M16 M203 now behind special forces research
*ADEN cannon now only available after NATO air support research

This update fixes many bugs, bring us closer to completing the main story arc  (the Terrorists can now be defeated) and on the next update we will add more Space-related content (after so long!)

Below, the new Terrorist HQ mission and a hint of the new Space missions! (Images by Filip-H)