Author Topic: Transifex: Piratez translations  (Read 90754 times)

Offline Ashert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Transifex: Piratez translations
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2018, 04:02:00 pm »
I know about my ancestors faults and the world keeps blaming us for the shit we've done 70+ years ago everytime we say something bad about non-german citizens.

We learn at school that the Nazis came to power by the Enabling Act of 1933, because 'Germany' was blinded and seduced by Hitler.
But in detail, this was much more of a military coup, because the Reichstag was full of SA and SS militiamen on this day, ready to slaughter anyone who voted wrongly. Nobody asked the Germans or the banned KPD member here again. Who financed this movement to this point? This is where the normal school ends, and not only in Germany.

So I have absolut no bad conscience about my ancestors. We need a different type of translator for this Black March Germany. I failed here.
Black March can also be easily translated as a date.
Just like the (March 24, 1933) That's not helpful! This term is bewitched.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 04:20:19 pm by Ashert »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2018, 04:59:01 pm »
Only because you want to interpret everything you possibly can into it. Most of the time abusing the fact that march can be translated as Mark, März, Marsch (marschieren) or Marsch (Landschaftsmerkmal). Ignoring that in German Schwarzmark, the easiest and as confirmed by Dioxin literal translation, has nothing to do with nazis.
Even if you rename Black March to Abenteuerpark, the original English is still the same, and so your arguments for changing the name wouldn't change. What you are really arguing for is a change of the English name.

It is pretty easy to research who financed the NSDAP these days. And at least at my school it was part of our history lessons, though not a major one.

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2018, 06:19:00 pm »
@Ashert
If you want to make an accurate translation of the game - that's great. But if u don't like something, do not change the original meaning, use mod instead (it will override the desired loc-strings when active).

BTW, there is offensive text in original OXC (for xcom1) in Russian and here's a little fix:

\standard\xcom1\Language\OXCE\ru.yml

line 5
STR_AVATAR_NAME_4: "#04 Муж, Негр"  #<-- Nigger (from African)
>
STR_AVATAR_NAME_4: "#04 Муж, Африканец"

line 9:
STR_AVATAR_NAME_8: "#08 Жен, Негр" #<-- Nigger (from African)
>
STR_AVATAR_NAME_8: "#08 Жен, Африканка"

Suggested fix in attachments.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 07:09:49 pm by FG »

Offline Ashert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2018, 09:23:19 pm »
The Black March/Schwarzmark strings are back in the game. I am not happy, but the majority must always decide, that is democracy! :-X
Translator velox100 has restored the loyalist version, thanks him. The Black March supporters could also support him a little.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 09:45:30 pm by Ashert »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2018, 02:25:24 am »
I know many strategy players who do not touch X-Piratez.

Their loss.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2018, 04:00:41 am »
Do you want also translation into czech ?

consider it,
i may help abit

magus1

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2018, 07:15:45 am »
Blackmark/Blackmarsch means nothing in English, and as an Australian of German Descent and German speaker and a historian it means very little to me. You can't 'give another example' by just presenting another tame book by the same author.

I do not understand how you identify being offended; I have great uncles that fought for both sides.. I was not responsible for anything that happened then or the decimation of aboriginals in my home country, just like Kylie Minogue isn't responsible for Irish terrorism since 1916.

By the way, don't slip up. The point where people realise you are just enjoying the bants.
Verbessere dein Englisch, da ich deine ideen nicht perfekt verstehe.

tschüss und küssen,

Tante Mags

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2018, 08:17:03 am »
I think Ashert is simply a nazi and German supremacist, and some twisted form of a Social Justice Warrior. He immediately assumed Blackmarch is Germany, even though it covers territories of Germany, Poland, Ukraine, and other countries. Berlin (the Free city) used to be Slavic in the early Middle Ages, might be so in the future as well. Hell, Germans are half- or third-Slavic as they assimilated the Western Slavs. He also immediately assumed German = Nazi, even though the only country that is described as more or less Nazist is the Steel Pact (Chile).

I never heard the term "black march" before he appeared, but then again I'm not a fanatic of nazism. Ashert, I don't care at all about your nazist apologism. I used nazi imagery for the humanists for the ease of identification/association, also because I'm not afraid of people like you, or anyone else for that matter, getting offended. Nazist uniforms were actually designed by Hugo Boss, dude, and Nazis were in part financed by American sympathizers, often linked to KKK. The ideology of Nazism was first theorized in the UK. There were Nazi formations in all countries of Europe, with just a few exceptions like Poland.

I actually expected some moralfag will challenge me on this at some point, although I was more afraid of coming off as nazist apologist, to be honest, as Dr. X is not portrayed as evil.

To be honest, you're a disgrace to all genuine nationalists, Ashert, as well.

What pissed me off is your disrespect to me as the author, and your apparent stupidity, and I lost my nerve. Sorry everyone.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:20:38 am by Dioxine »

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2018, 10:30:40 am »
Do you want also translation into czech ?

consider it,
i may help abit
It's already done.
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4589.0.html
https://www.transifex.com/openxcom/openxcom-mods/translate/#cs/piratez
Transifex version is not updated yet. I work off-line.

Offline Ashert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2018, 01:01:27 pm »
Ashert is simply a nazi and German supremacist, and some twisted form of a Social Justice Warrior.

Is this also available as a T-shirt? Sounds interesting. But the truth is a bit different. I am a Democrat and think definitely all political groups should be represented. Difficult in Germany due to the 5% exclusion clause. In fact, the Weimar Republic (before the Coup on March 24, 1933 and Hindenburg's restrictions of popular initiatives) was more progressive.
Nazis, I follow here more Trotsky's definition, are usually more a reaction of the upper class, against the communist danger of collectivization.

The movement that I have mentioned, is completely different and historically less condemned. For the game in any case better than Black March. Maybe only one percent here sees 'the marching men in black'. I did it. Or 'the black March 1933 (month). "I just did not want to risk anything.

You can only get respect, not harvest. All remaining differences have to go toward a Fork.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2018, 01:24:33 pm »
What a little, despicable creature. You avoid any discussion, you don't adress my points, you only shout into your own echo chamber; well I am not surprised, Trockyist "democracts" are the worst scum of the Earth. Like a good SJW, you come out of basement and assume a morally superior position while trying to shout down any opposition. You don't even know how to use English very well; probably that is why you prefer to write whatever nonsense you imagine instead of actually translating. You disgust me to the core of my being. For your sake, I hope you're simply under 15 years old, because that would make your behaviour forgivable.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2018, 01:38:41 pm »

I never heard the term "black march" before he appeared, but then again I'm not a fanatic of nazism. Ashert, I don't care at all about your nazist apologism. I used nazi imagery for the humanists for the ease of identification/association, also because I'm not afraid of people like you, or anyone else for that matter, getting offended. Nazist uniforms were actually designed by Hugo Boss, dude, and Nazis were in part financed by American sympathizers, often linked to KKK. The ideology of Nazism was first theorized in the UK. There were Nazi formations in all countries of Europe, with just a few exceptions like Poland.

I actually expected some moralfag will challenge me on this at some point, although I was more afraid of coming off as nazist apologist, to be honest, as Dr. X is not portrayed as evil.

To be honest, you're a disgrace to all genuine nationalists, Ashert, as well.

What pissed me off is your disrespect to me as the author, and your apparent stupidity, and I lost my nerve. Sorry everyone.

..and also Coca-Cola-Company, ( "Fanta" ), IBM Inc, Ford Motors,  -& IKEA, too (from northern Europ.countries ~~nazis´allies..   etc, etc..

atd, atd..

well, greetz, Dioxine! 
(and others too

as i said alrdy, wery well, and huge great job! :thumbs-up: :hat-off:  on this Mod - almost whole new sequel of X-COM:UFO serie

btw. now graphics - what about little general upgrade all, whole graphics in mod ?

hehe, not too much, - no need on *Skyrim/Oblivion ..niveau,  -  but, i recommend - just let try to detailize, redraw´ing, (re-rendering), get graphics to level like in, for example, Might and Magic VI - VIII
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:41:17 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Ashert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2018, 01:47:31 pm »
What a little, despicable creature. You avoid any discussion, you don't adress my points, you only shout into your own echo chamber; well I am not surprised, Trockyist "democracts" are the worst scum of the Earth.

Welcome to your world, but you are wrong everywhere and always and risk your autograph from me. I am not Trotskyist! But that does not mean that all analyzes of him are wrong, especially about the Nazis movment from nowhere in Germany. Even Marx is still recited by economists today. I am a Democrat, not red, black, or brown!

My only really big mistake was, also i donated earlier you. Too much feeding makes fat and moody. Absolutely unforgivable!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:30:46 pm by Ashert »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2018, 02:22:43 pm »
hehe, dont fight you 2 ;D

well, but fight is UN-EVITABLE - when 1 is .."+b+gutmen-b-sch", "sluníčkár", etc..,

and 2. is (neo)conservativist, ..more tradicionalist, etc..

@Ashert :/  dont be so ..afraid of the old, and new too, history of your(?) motherland, Germany /Austria..
Deutschland..

you, you germans, - you alway were a little, healthy, abit "agressive, abit, militaristic, "výbojný",

you had knights, orders, etc..

you had Order of German´-Knights,

you had Otto -von Bismarck, and his United +b+ +u+ Germany -b- Republic..., Deutschland, under (time of) his rule..

you had, yap, this nazi partai, etc...

but all this you just only HAD..

now you have, literally,  "5 - and -half" weak, tired, afraided, sub-finanzed, sub-equipmented, sub-manned, hopeless police-men, with no-political "back-ed",

..and state of german´y (/austria, /french) army, military forces,  - is aswell sad, ruined, too

... and state of whole this *Germanistan, (and such "istans" similar) is ..trist, aswell..

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2018, 08:55:05 pm »
Guys, as a moderator I really think we should take a step back and take a deep breath. I understand clashing of artistic visions etc. (please don't protest over this term, you know what I mean), but I think things went too far here. Let's try not to do this again.

Now, as a private user, frankly I must say I personally find Ashert's arguments sorely unconvincing. They sound extremely stretched, especially seeing that other German users seem to feel about the subject exactly as I do, and the proposed changes do not feel right to me at all. However, every language version stands for itself and only depends on people who do it. So in reality it's up to you fellow German speaking people to make sure the translation is holding up well, that it's not jarring etc. Dioxine, SupSuper or I can't ensure that and certainly won't try, beyond maybe a cursory look. Remember: if the translation is bullshit, players will notice, complain, and perhaps improve it. So we should let the magic work, and let every language team sort out their differences between themselves - Transifex has tools for that.