Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304717 times)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2017, 03:37:30 am »
Can the tech tree viewer be updated?  It'd be nice if it showed which tech allows you to build and purchase certain items so you can plan ahead better, like knowing how Inspect Machinery tells you about the Armored Vaults but not actually allowing its construction (that's actually done by Heavy-Duty Construction) and how Prize: Saya lets you buy Reticulan Elders so you can finally progress despite the complete lack of imperial probes landing on Sectoid bunkers.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2018, 06:00:13 pm »
Would like to see in bootypedia screenshots of transport craft layouts to know what to expect.

Edit:
More...
Energy cost of using each weapon at bootypedia and as number next to weapon on inventory screen (like 2h indicator).
Moving gives information how much TU will be left with each step. It would be cool to add another number showing how much energy will be left.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:56:50 pm by Ragshak »

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2018, 04:44:18 pm »
Some real boarding action in the air, with grappling hooks and stuff. But i don't know if the game engine can create a battlefield from two ship floorplanes.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2018, 05:52:38 pm »
Running out of stamina and exact number crunching for this is only relevant early where such things can lead to certain doom.
If you lack stamina and stamina-recover armor, drink some atom beer or moonshine to get juice back.

You can see how many TU's it will take to move objects in the inventory if you pick it up with left click. The most expensive move is pulling items out of your backpack (20).
Picking items up costs around 14(?) TUs to place them into a handslot. The game considers to pick items up over the handslot before it slides into the belt or any spare slot the item can fit in.

Ship to ship battles:
A special map designed like the inside of the enemy boarded ship should be possible. A map including the inside of your own craft and the enemy vessel will cause problems since so many different ships exist and they have very different sizes and even multi-staged maps to begin with. In the future maybe but right now, too much headache for profit.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2018, 05:28:59 am »
What about a possibility to do multiple pages on a topic in the bootypedia?  Not like we currently have for enemies and their actual stats, but an option to switch to a new page within the topic. For example, first page on the Airbus shows information on it, while second shows layout.  Maybe we'd get more pages of stuff based on information we've gotten about the topic.

If this is a possibility, it ought to cut down on random topics and should allow you to find information on a particular one in one place.

I hope this actually makes sense, it was surprisingly hard to describe.

Offline Blood Raven 117

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2018, 09:19:08 am »
Unfortunately Khade, I don't think its possible with the game engine to do what you suggest. There's already a search function for just about everything anyways, so adding on god knows how much work and reworking to try and get the idea in is just not profitable. Not saying i wouldn't want more text space for stuff cause I love the story in just about every entry, but I'm fine with hitting the Q button to search.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2018, 01:51:59 pm »
Flavor-text makes the game more round and complete.
Gameplay-wise you'll find yourself searching for the ability-scaling and other traits.
It's the complete package that counts.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2018, 11:58:13 pm »
Obviously the extra flavor would be later tabs in that topic.  Mostly I'm just looking for a workaround for the character limit that we have per page, though extra information, if you care to look at it, would be useful, such as an actual floorplan of your aircraft.

But if it's impractical, or if people don't actually want it, I'm OK with that.

Honestly though, if we can have the stats for nerds page, we might be able to set this thing up.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2018, 12:39:35 pm »
Probably not time profitable for the mod as a whole, but i wouldn't mind a way to cross-link articles. It's only from long experience with the mod that i don't find the present formatting painful to navigate when I'm trying to find something.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2018, 01:01:34 am »
I kind of want to see Ruby's scythe/sniper in the game.. it'd be a cool idea. But mainly, I'd love to see a scythe that has a range of 2.. possibly make it part of the magic melee weapons?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2018, 09:32:37 pm »
AIRCRAFTS:

"BATTLE-, MID-RANGE,  ATTACK -AIRCRAFTs :

what about add 1 helicopter, - for example,

RAH66-Comanche ?  as mid range, attack "vehicle", for slow very small, small, - to medium ufos (respectively, planes..) ?

V-22 Osprey, as medium lifter, transport & (close-air)support plane, tiltrotor, VTOL -aircraft...

HEAVY-TRANSPORTers (STRAT.BOMBERS) :

..and 1 really heavy, HUGE lifter, ultra big transport plane -

- Mrija, /An-225,

or B-380, /C-5 Galaxy, /B-52 - B-70 Stratofortress

SPACE-PLANES:

..and you just MUST add the experimental, prototype,

TR-3B "flying-saucer", you know, (google!)

that with anti-grav, superconductive, supercooled "ring", -gravitic, mass.less effects, by *Skunk Works team"
- her role in Piratez ranks of *planes - as one of the fastest fighters from mod, - if not hte ultimate "very *most FASTEST" ( 8 000 - 16000+++++ mph, - and also space -flights capable, of course...  (so, antigrav.engine, drived...)

strongly recommend :p - it is "must-have" for "UFO game[/i]"! hehe :P :D :p

https://www.google.sk/search?q=tr-3b&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjHotuFzqvbAhWEJlAKHRBmBJQQsAQIJg&biw=1440&bih=741#imgrc=ddmR57JotvrhrM:

(yep, supercooled, && superconducting "ring", resp. toroid )

BUILDINGS:

also, few new suggestions, to new Rooms, into buildings :

Garden, (Farm) /Hydroponics Room,

fully equipped Hospital

un-conquerable Fortress, /Bunker (*Tresor, - smthng like *Panic Room* ), extremely good, versatile, and strong heavy armed, and tought locked..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:18:22 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2018, 01:52:16 am »
It would be neat to be able to execute demons in the manufacturing screens. Sometimes you get those suckers alive and you need corpses for certain items (e.g. blood ax).

Also, not sure if this is a bug but the tiers of purchasable components seems off. Currently, I can't buy optronics (even though I researched optronic smuggling?) but I can buy slave AIs and disassemble those. I can't buy integrated devices either, but I can make those out of optronics. Similarly, you can't buy heavy power couplings but you can buy reticulan fusion drives and disassemble those. And so on. If this is intended, it adds busy work for no real discernable reason ("why did I make 200 optronics again?").

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2018, 03:45:33 pm »
Also, not sure if this is a bug but the tiers of purchasable components seems off. Currently, I can't buy optronics (even though I researched optronic smuggling?) but I can buy slave AIs and disassemble those. I can't buy integrated devices either, but I can make those out of optronics. Similarly, you can't buy heavy power couplings but you can buy reticulan fusion drives and disassemble those. And so on. If this is intended, it adds busy work for no real discernable reason ("why did I make 200 optronics again?").
Optronic Parts require Market of Wishing (very late end-game tech).
Integrated Devices and Heavy Power Couplings are never available for direct buying.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2018, 12:24:12 am »
..any little cameo role of Roland, Jack, and his "ka-tet,

as also "taheens, "low men in yellow coats"

and others visitors from the Dark Tower Worlds, would be cool 8) :8 8=) ;p

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2018, 10:50:07 am »
@dioxine - another idea, suggestion - do you know Siri, from Albion (1996 rpg) ? the race name is Iskai, - what about make from them, (and /or according them, the Lok´´Nars villagers (mostly female ones)

..consider Lok´Nars females based upon the Iskai race (for example, as Siri )

edit:  yap, it get on mind, -bcos your current design, visual draft of Lokn´Nars is way very similar like females of Iskai. alot lok-alike..
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:52:52 am by LytaRyta »