aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 313762 times)

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #975 on: December 20, 2023, 10:47:47 pm »
Do not forget about the GLA Battle Bus

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 06, 2024, 05:31:59 pm »
Do not forget about the GLA Battle Bus

ah, here it is:
https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_bus_(Zero_Hour)

Other possible firearms addictions:

any widespread soviet handgun-->homefront pistol
aksu-74--->homefront smg
rcf carabine with bayonet --->bayoneted rcf
Bullpup carabine with bayonet--->bayoneted carabine
rcf rifle ----> m14 (possibly from xcom files?)
as of now only muskets and homefront rifles can be bayoneted, having more variety would be quite interesting. anyway bayonets should apply to ancient guns,  the only exeption is super self charger.

did not know if somebody thought of thi before, but how to increase turtle crew capacity to 18 people? it's really slow but wide so it might make some sense

oh and a different hangar pic for the hunting party would also be nice, right now it's identical to the expedition one, don't know about the raiding party anyway..

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 02:50:36 am by ontherun »

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 12, 2024, 08:20:54 am »
Small quality of life improvement. In X-Files mod if a players tries to send a craft to a distant mission the game might issue a warning about insufficient fuel. I'd like to have this kinda feature as well since sometimes It's difficult to determine in advance if Airbus can reach a distant mission or not.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 08:22:42 am by minimen »

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 12, 2024, 12:21:40 pm »
...if a players tries to send a craft to a distant mission the game might issue a warning about insufficient fuel ...

In Geoscape, klick on "Set the course" and choose a craft from the list. you will see how far you can get

Offline Pherdnut

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 17, 2024, 01:19:33 am »
"Auto-Ship" button in manufacturing would be cool. e.g. Set durathread manufacturing to infinite at one base, auto-ship to another making infinite piratey lingerie set to sell, and all you have to do is remember to keep feeding chemicals and plastasteel to the first base with the right ratio set up. Would be ideal if auto-ship shipment alerts were silenced.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 17, 2024, 09:35:45 am »
May i also suggest to import the warthog from the mod "oxc factions" (here)? it would suit well in xpiratez low tech stuff; it's clearly the Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II wich i suppose was the plane in the dedicated game A-10 Tank Killer  :P

I did not manage ever to play it because it required an 80386 cpu, at time i had only an 80286, i clearly remember i could run only the game main menu, otherwise it would hang  :'( :'(

Online shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 18, 2024, 03:47:01 pm »
Stuff from Doom Total Conversion Post-Apoc mods Ashes 2063 and Ashes Afterglow, from most realistic to wishful thinking:

* Sprites for items and weapons (though most of them are modified Doom and Build stuff, which means that the originals are present in XP in one form or another already)
* Pit-Fiend as a toxic and/or radioactive upgrade/alternative to the Bloodhound; (EDIT: Also comes in bigger, ride-able females variant)
* Vulture Bandits as additions/replacements to/for bandits/raiders;
* Cannibal Mutants as a savage mutant faction;
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 09:40:37 am by shinr »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 25, 2024, 11:02:14 am »
Sorry forgot to mention in the previous post: would also be nice too see more sci fi/pop culture stuff from '20 to '90, for instance:

• rococop's handgun auto 9 (see fandom page) maybe avaiable as smuggling weapon unlockable after research "contact: smugglers"

• some references as lore content to system shock games, that alongside with doom was a pearl of the 90' (some samples here and here)

• maybe some kind of predator unit as enemy, discussed here and some work has been done by alex_D user here

as you see, imagination is the only limit, expecially for those of you maniacs!! :P :P

« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 03:03:27 am by ontherun »

Online shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 25, 2024, 03:53:02 pm »
A highly unlikely to be granted request:

A submod for 4x2 Hangars with room for 1 extra craft (which might be possible with a recent development) just to have that extra premium space for everything else.

Though from what I heard Dio doesn't like the idea of differently sized hangars that do not follow the "4 tiles = 1 craft" convention, presumingly for balance reasons.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 08:21:02 pm by shinr »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 30, 2024, 01:16:31 am »
Though from what I heard Dio doesn't like the idea of differently sized hangars that do not follow the "4 tiles = 1 craft" convention, presumingly for balance reasons.

In fact he stated there are planned for xpiratez only two types, large and small, hope that gonna make in the next version..

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 30, 2024, 12:55:52 pm »
With recent addition of things like gunwagon and angrybird I also think game is in dire need of those small hangars. A couple of weeks ago I've written how I see criteria of what would use small hangars.
1. Is not hellerium powered.
2. Would take 1 grid space in battlescape.
3. Can carry less than 10 units to combat.

Anyway, it's good to hear Dioxine is considering adding those. Can't wait.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 30, 2024, 05:05:19 pm »
  • 1x1 Garage for ground vehicles
  • 1x2 Airstrip for necroplanes
either or both of these would be fantastic compliments to the earlygame craft game. reserving the 2x2 hangars for battery-powered and hellerium-powered craft would mean that the early craft aren't competing for very valuable hangar space and allow more of them to be in play.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 07, 2024, 12:32:25 pm »
  • 1x1 Garage for ground vehicles
  • 1x2 Airstrip for necroplanes
either or both of these would be fantastic compliments to the earlygame craft game. reserving the 2x2 hangars for battery-powered and hellerium-powered craft would mean that the early craft aren't competing for very valuable hangar space and allow more of them to be in play.

Actually i'd go only with two types; it would be more simple since low tech planes would become useless after a while.

Addenda to my previous post: since anyone seems has not wrote about so other funny ideas might be "rob the robbers" mission where player has to assault robbers on the run to get their loot; some craft from  wing commander I/II and star wars like the AT-AT, and an enemy unit such as an ed-209 from robocop..alike...and pheraps the blackmarsh rifle might be modelled to resemble more a h&kg36 (very futuristuc design indeed) also for the tools the trade a romanica pistol (beretta92fs)(loved by john woo and featured in lots of his films!) and smg (beretta m12 (without folding stock, useful in infiltration missions) and the marsec m4000 from ufo apocalypse as marsec marine standard service weapon (ask robin for sprite usage?)

Might be cool some content/weapons/units vaguely inspired to french foreign legion, take for example e the 1977's march or die (legionnaires outfit, lewis gun, very "aerial") movie.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 05:17:51 pm by ontherun »

Online shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: February 07, 2024, 01:35:35 pm »
Snipped

I suggest you format the editing-to-avoid-double-posting-post like this:

Original Post

EDIT: More Stuff

EDIT 2: Even More Stuff

EDIT 3: But Wait, There Is More!

But to be more on topic, in my earlier post above I talked of Ashes 2063/Afterglow, well I remembered that the mission pack for the former, Dead Man Walking, had another set of bandits, the Rippers, which in practice meant reskinned and repurposed assets (which is still a bit of work for a sprite-based game), but one of those is a tricorne-wearing dual wielder (An American Revolution one, not a pirate one, to go along with their a bit insane take on American Revivalism, but still).

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 09, 2024, 05:36:48 pm »
I suggest you format the editing-to-avoid-double-posting-post like this:

ahha sorry, ok :). Hey: we have stop signs and kitcken knifes but not pans, how about these (click)? Today just discovered a wonderful youtube channel, it's named "Johnny Johnson", it's a great source of inspiration...

Oh well, to pair with the ramshackle rifle, i'd add a kind of zip gun (a pistol, actually ti be named "zip gun") in the early black market :)
and  since xpiratez takes lots of inspiration form anime,  how about something from "akira" movie and
 "porco rosso" (the plot sees pirates and dogfighting so it might fit well) or some other work from Hayao Miyazaki  8)

Also to make a more but easyer boogeymen encountrers, or add a couple of missions, one similar to the food piracy one, or another to save peasant from boogey raid or something
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 06:02:21 pm by ontherun »