Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304806 times)

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #300 on: February 17, 2019, 08:58:29 pm »
BUt daark ones are just a common huma riff-raff, at least i think, they spawn from nowhere; there shoud be something special regarding them :-\
They're beings from hell. Their raids make sense both from a lore-perspective as well as from a gameplay one.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 09:26:21 pm by cc »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #301 on: February 17, 2019, 10:12:39 pm »
At least right now seems that Deep Ones are appearing as soon as Sea Transport topic is researched, i really wish im not wrong.

You are wrong. And if you weren't it would be dumb, you don't create reality with your research, you confront it out in the field.

niculinux

« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2019, 11:07:35 am »
You are wrong. And if you weren't it would be dumb, you don't create reality with your research, you confront it out in the field.

Oh my very very bad impression, the game/mod is huge to explore  ;) Althouhg would be nice to see player's research and activity havin more influence on the game world. May i ask kindly for raider/smugglers and civilian ships landing more frequently, if possible? I rarely was able to ground assault them with the airbus, even in the beginning.  :)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 18, 2019, 11:11:01 am »
It does. Some stuff needs the the guild to be angry for example. Missions only appear once you unlock them (because you didn't know where to look beforehand).

But then it is really good that the world keeps turning wether you do something or not. I hate it in games like Oblivion, where everything hinges on you. Those oblivion gates? Well if you don't bother they don't do anything either.

niculinux

« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2019, 03:14:52 pm »
Indeed this game was designed to give a hard time! It's really a russian roulette!!!

As for outfit, some fist of the north star styled outfit, as well as mad max style may be fine, along with fallout oneactually early uber clothing and metal armor are just alike, even some more won't be bad, i guess :) but pheraps some cowbo-fashion is missin', i believe :-\ (it may be called "gunslinger"?) or even a gumshoe alike one! Speaking of piratez instead, let's throw also some galaxy 999 and/or captain harlok stuff in!

Edit: this may be more self explanatory: (click here)

Edit 2: A slave soldier exclusive may be called "mercenary" but it could be avaiable also for gals :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:35:06 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2019, 05:13:45 pm »
IMO, the dark ones are fine as they are now, needing only maybe some stuff to make them more flavorful. ATM its said they came due to the teleportation accident in the UAC facilities. Would be cool to have a mission to invade a UAC lab itself, with the caveat being that, if you take the mission, you get loads of UAC equipment (like UAC plasmaguns and maybe an intact BFG), but after that the dark ones basically disappear.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2019, 06:16:08 pm »
How hard is it to convert doom sprite into OXCE one? We are still missing mancubus, arachnotron, revenant and lost soul. (the bosses are too large, archvile and pain elemental have powers unsupported by OXCE)

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2019, 09:44:04 pm »
I think the resolution differences would require some decent touching up of the sprites for them to look decent. The ones currently in the game look pretty great though, so its probably not that hard. There's some sprite sheets from GZDoom one could adapt.

niculinux

« Reply #308 on: February 20, 2019, 01:31:58 pm »
A bounty/early mission (level D) vwere only melee and stun wepaons are allowed. Simple :)

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2019, 08:12:08 pm »
But after that the dark ones basically disappear.

Lore friendly version is that dark ones are in Earth for centuries, as UAC has gone in the middle (end) of the XXI century.
The strange thing is that Marsec still allows their teleports on the Mars satellites to function if they still function indeed.
This fraction has the unleashed potential of the lore development as they neither related to Star Gods, nor Shadowmasters. I thought the Red Mage plot will continue in that direction, not in the Z-Phases investigation. 

And yeah we really miss some plasmagun spiders, demon mages and archidemons!

niculinux

« Reply #310 on: February 22, 2019, 12:40:16 am »
Another lil' idea: armored car - used by ratmen/highwaymen/ghoyls mutant progoms - may become a spartan exclusive - and may be replaced by a sidecar? May be less though, the armore one semms more suitable to spartans because of its military feeling. :)

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 22, 2019, 10:09:05 am »
How hard is it to convert doom sprite into OXCE one? We are still missing mancubus, arachnotron, revenant and lost soul. (the bosses are too large, archvile and pain elemental have powers unsupported by OXCE)

It is not very hard to do the conversion. Lost Soul is for example attached.

However, to get a nice result you need some time for manually fixing the sprites after conversion.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 22, 2019, 06:21:46 pm »
Another lil' idea: armored car - used by ratmen/highwaymen/ghoyls mutant progoms - may become a spartan exclusive - and may be replaced by a sidecar? May be less though, the armore one semms more suitable to spartans because of its military feeling. :)
Erm, don't the ratmen/ghoul bandits already have an armored car? A pretty lame one at that, too, which is totally apropriate IMO.

I do agree that spartans could use some armor on their side, though.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 22, 2019, 06:37:21 pm »
Would be nice if bandit armoured cars weren’t limited to LMG, but could spawn with all the basic weapon setups (LMG, HMG, 25 mm cannon, quad RPG)

niculinux

« Reply #314 on: February 22, 2019, 08:29:21 pm »
Erm, don't the ratmen/ghoul bandits already have an armored car? A pretty lame one at that, too, which is totally apropriate IMO.

I do agree that spartans could use some armor on their side, though.

The idea was to give ratmen some even less armored/techno vehicle😅