26 (16%)
Grey
68 (42%)
Gold
21 (13%)
None - they are all equal.
18 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Author Topic: Codex Popularity Poll  (Read 108292 times)

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Codex Popularity Poll
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2021, 11:33:55 pm »
What is the trademark of golden codex at current stage?
For Green its Slime and Zombie things
For Red - Destructoid
For Gray - Grey Spellbook

But Golden ? Coudnt find anything special at BootyPedia. By special I mean of something more than boons avaible in the past (Hawk, special outfit and lash).

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2021, 11:22:15 am »
Since gold has not gotten any recent attention in the last 2-3 patches, none. The cycle continues. Gold is now the red headed step child.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2021, 11:08:15 am »
Gold still has a relatively painless start. It's not a toy like the other things, but it is still very competitive.

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2021, 02:03:23 pm »
Still with the Red Codex.
Gray was easy-mod with it "all-the-way" ship with 2 slots for mega-artifacts (it can easily tank Silver tower)

But Red codex.... BOOM! CABOOOOM! MORE CABOOOM!
And that red nice rocket from Lo Wang is just perfect for "nah, I don't want to spend my time on this mission, skip"

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2021, 08:35:24 pm »
Still with the Red Codex.
Gray was easy-mod with it "all-the-way" ship with 2 slots for mega-artifacts (it can easily tank Silver tower)

But Red codex.... BOOM! CABOOOOM! MORE CABOOOM!
And that red nice rocket from Lo Wang is just perfect for "nah, I don't want to spend my time on this mission, skip"
Just came here to post same thought!
Just used several of the nuke missiles to deal with the  annoying main ninja base :}

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 24, 2021, 04:15:24 am »
I vote Green because the Worm (without the traps) is my fav vessel so far.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 24, 2021, 05:08:09 am »
I hate that thing so much lol.  It's a really good ship, except when you forget about the gas >_<

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2021, 07:53:01 am »
I hate that thing so much lol.  It's a really good ship, except when you forget about the gas >_<
Yeah, I did one mission then immediately went to the Ruleset and deleted everything on the worm that said trap.

Offline Torchwood

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2022, 09:59:27 pm »
Here's my opinion of codices as of M5
Gray: Probably the strongest one in the long run. Offers next to nothing in the early game but makes a much smoother midgame thanks to the Astrosensorium boosting your research. Fortuna is very versatile if not the most roomy, nice codex craft, shadowbat is a fortress on the battlescape, snake and jellyfish have shields which lets you resolve low level air combats with no repair downtime. The jellyfish being undetectable makes it very convenient, if ill-suited for large battle due to how exposed the insides are. And of course, excellent voodoo options, gray spellbook is a handy way to get exotic damage types, create scouts and decoys. Be on the lookout for bandit blimps, the're usually a few people with wands for the aspiring magician, or just git gud at robbing mansions.

Red: Pure violence. If you want to bathe the world in nuclear fire and hack the survivors to pieces with a blood axe, pick this. The only codex that how no super maids, but has all the implements to kill and maim your enemies. Metallo is my favorite menace, nice and roomy enough for a tank, acceptable speed, Worth rushing as the weapons and armor help tremendously early on, and Lil' Ilya is insanely good for a light weapon. You've got some of the best air game options in your codex craft - snake is shielded and versatile, scarab has brutal attack power, basically of a pair of big guns with a flying car attched to them. Scorpion has the most melee-oriented craft deployment there is, wins aircar races and is faster than ninja migs. The new immolator armor looks promising, but I've not used it yet.

Gold: The most frontloaded of all codices, that gold can buy you a nice hideout, and el admiral is a very powerful outfit that can be used even in infiltration and city raids. Remember that spacesuits. Craft selection is my least favorite, even if you do have the shadowbat. El Fuego has preposterous amounts of firepower and speed but lacks transportation space, not the best if you want to bring tanks. Somewhat lacking in voodoo options with valkyrie and solaria not being implemented, but has some interesting options in the geoscape, like buying jack tokens or producing glamour. Still the rockstar codex for those who like to live fast and die young.

Green: Less of an early bloomer without the charger laser, but the bioplasma projector is much better once you get a proper air game going. Funnily enough, the only codex weapon that cannot be mounted on the flagship. Does fit snugly on a scarab though, and is way better than a carronade. The turtle is an okay transport but its interior is not 100% safe! Worm h Bonaventura is sluggish, but roomy, great if you love vehicles. Craft selection is interesting. No big secret, the handheld bio plasma gun is meant to give your biosuit wearers a suitable weapon that fits into the weight constraints of the suit and the gear needed to sustain prolonged operation. Gets a lot of lategame stuff including the ability to make gals zombielike - and revivable. This is the codex of endurance.

No codex: The challenge option. You can get the Dutchman earlier than a menace but of course it's not as good as a menace and cannot dive. Using CD weapons is an interesting gimmick, but difficult to get the same scaling the ninjas do and probably not as good as codex voodoo. Use this is you trust only in the power that is truly yours, and like a challenge.

Offline howareyou32ny

• Captain
  • Work hard and play hard lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2022, 10:25:37 am »
Gray: Probably the strongest one in the long run. Offers next to nothing in the early game but makes a much smoother midgame thanks to the Astrosensorium boosting your research. Fortuna is very versatile if not the most roomy, nice codex craft, shadowbat is a fortress on the battlescape, snake and jellyfish have shields which lets you resolve low level air combats with no repair downtime. The jellyfish being undetectable makes it very convenient, if ill-suited for large battle due to how exposed the insides are. And of course, excellent voodoo options, gray spellbook is a handy way to get exotic damage types, create scouts and decoys. Be on the lookout for bandit blimps, the're usually a few people with wands for the aspiring magician, or just git gud at robbing mansions.

Red: Pure violence. If you want to bathe the world in nuclear fire and hack the survivors to pieces with a blood axe, pick this. The only codex that how no super maids, but has all the implements to kill and maim your enemies. Metallo is my favorite menace, nice and roomy enough for a tank, acceptable speed, Worth rushing as the weapons and armor help tremendously early on, and Lil' Ilya is insanely good for a light weapon. You've got some of the best air game options in your codex craft - snake is shielded and versatile, scarab has brutal attack power, basically of a pair of big guns with a flying car attched to them. Scorpion has the most melee-oriented craft deployment there is, wins aircar races and is faster than ninja migs. The new immolator armor looks promising, but I've not used it yet.

Gold: The most frontloaded of all codices, that gold can buy you a nice hideout, and el admiral is a very powerful outfit that can be used even in infiltration and city raids. Remember that spacesuits. Craft selection is my least favorite, even if you do have the shadowbat. El Fuego has preposterous amounts of firepower and speed but lacks transportation space, not the best if you want to bring tanks. Somewhat lacking in voodoo options with valkyrie and solaria not being implemented, but has some interesting options in the geoscape, like buying jack tokens or producing glamour. Still the rockstar codex for those who like to live fast and die young.

Green: Less of an early bloomer without the charger laser, but the bioplasma projector is much better once you get a proper air game going. Funnily enough, the only codex weapon that cannot be mounted on the flagship. Does fit snugly on a scarab though, and is way better than a carronade. The turtle is an okay transport but its interior is not 100% safe! Worm h Bonaventura is sluggish, but roomy, great if you love vehicles. Craft selection is interesting. No big secret, the handheld bio plasma gun is meant to give your biosuit wearers a suitable weapon that fits into the weight constraints of the suit and the gear needed to sustain prolonged operation. Gets a lot of lategame stuff including the ability to make gals zombielike - and revivable. This is the codex of endurance.

No codex: The challenge option. You can get the Dutchman earlier than a menace but of course it's not as good as a menace and cannot dive. Using CD weapons is an interesting gimmick, but difficult to get the same scaling the ninjas do and probably not as good as codex voodoo. Use this is you trust only in the power that is truly yours, and like a challenge.
Nice analysis. I guess that we have to play this mod 4 times to try them all lol.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2022, 06:35:25 pm »
Nice analysis. I guess that we have to play this mod 4 times to try them all lol.

And also a codexless run... And there are three paths... :D

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2022, 01:23:36 pm »
By the way, Gray now has a means go bring dead units back in some usable capacity. Arguably, better than green in some ways.

Offline Yglorba

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2022, 01:04:36 am »
And also a codexless run... And there are three paths... :D
And the Captain types, although their impact is more minor.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 10:09:16 pm by Yglorba »

Offline Yglorba

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2023, 06:57:43 pm »
Gray: Probably the strongest one in the long run. Offers next to nothing in the early game but makes a much smoother midgame thanks to the Astrosensorium boosting your research.
Do you consider the Shadowtech vehicles early-game?  You can get them very fast if you rush Shadowmasters and Car Thieves.

The Sapphire Jellyfish is a pretty big advantage in the early game because its laser weapon gives you a way to easily deal with heavily-armored opponents.

Offline KerstinFrey

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
    • How to get rid of man moobs
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2023, 12:25:44 am »

Great analysis with all the details and steps. Thank you for this effort of sharing the details with us.  :)