aliens

Author Topic: Cydonia or Bust! Kiri's question thread. Game complete!  (Read 87467 times)

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Getting trashed lol. New question thread
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2017, 11:28:28 pm »
I find gems on organ grinder.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2017, 11:36:54 pm »
Hmmm. I really don't want to risk the lives of my elites though, especially since I read a thread that there was like 100 enemies on one of those missions.

I just lost one of my people taking a merc engineer, but if I can just get 1 more than all I'll need is the smuggler star god and I'll have everything I need for the final mission. I only really needed the magical girl to help me with the mercenaries since they can fly and get into my craft from multiple directions but I'll just push on and get 1 more engineer I think without it, especially since if I pass up the chance now to get a magical girl outfit it'll be another 2 years before I see any more mercenaries

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2017, 06:26:37 am »
Organ grinder is not difficult if you wear smokey or mesh suits and bring fire weapons. If you're running around with 37mm and everyone in power armor already it should be very easy.

Offline tylor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2017, 09:36:12 am »
TU malus is not that detrimental if you use firearms.
Though, yeah, power armor usage is pretty limited.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2017, 01:03:53 pm »
Alright I'll do organ grinders. Ghouls can't fly so I can just camp inside the landing craft and shoot them with snapshots as they come through the doors. That way the smoke can't reach me either. I tried to do a couple before but they went quite badly:

1) Turned out a lot like aliens. We crept forward through the smoke not seeing much, just 1 or 2 weird red dog things. The smoke thickened and it got harder to see, then suddenly some ghouls ambushed us and someone got wounded and another person panicked. We took a turn to patch up the wounded person and then another ghoul came and wounded the panicked person, so we patched them up and started carrying them back to the ship. On the way a red dog came running through the mist and annihilated one of us. The carriers shot at the dog on my turn and took it down but I was concerned there might be more and sent my 2 people who weren't carrying and had all their TUs running back to the ship. Well, they got there but a dog came in and non-fatally mangled one of them.

This was the pachyderm so I had the other person go up the lift after stabilising the mangled person, into the cockpit and stand on the lift to keep out the doge. That bought a turn for the 2 other people to get back with 2 more red dogs on their heels and we managed to escape with 1 dead person left behind and 3 people with 40 days in the sickbay

2) Decided to camp the pachyderm. Doges ran in and survived the reaction fire, some people got mangled to death and I retreated

But we were using heavy tac armour and heavy shotguns back then, and now I know the red doges are strong armor in front, but the shadowbat is very good for defense since the entrance is a kill zone, we have good reactions, good aim, we'll be firing close but with 5 blocks, 2 of which are stairs before they reach us and this is after they open the doors and move however far from outside, it should work out quite well I think. Are the gems guaranteed?

We finally have the electro swords. Is this the best melee weapon for us?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:07:39 pm by KiriKaneko »

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2017, 04:24:42 pm »
Finally got my 2 mercs engineers, cost me 3 of my top soldiers though, good thing I have 33 more, just need to patch up those holes in my roster.

Tesla coil seemed pretty useless. Didn't try the electro sword but the heavy plasma and microwave cooker worked very well. I also hadn't realised the auto fire of the heavy plasma would be so accurate in the hands of a 120 aim (+10 from the armour to 130) soldier. A captain rushed us and iced 2 of my soldiers in 1 hit each with these claw things, I read the stats on them and they don't seem that strong but I'll have to make some and give them a try, test them alongside the electro swords and see which gives the best results because 90+ hp damage per strike against harbinger front and then side armor is incredible!

Well all I need now is either a full deck of star gods or a smuggler star god and I'll have all the tech I need to reach the final mission, the rest is just manufacturing weapons of which I intend to definetly make more heavy plasma since they performed so well and only vaporized a couple of mercs

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2017, 04:33:08 pm »
How many hours are you playing daily? I have from January with the same campaign and I´m just in year two!.

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2017, 09:30:00 pm »
Tesla coil seemed pretty useless.
I got one very early, before I had autoax, and used it as a chainsaw replacement, but with everybody have electric resist, it's hard to think of a role for it that a gun or autoax wouldn't do better.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2017, 10:22:23 pm »
Well, seems I need 324 synthmuscle meshes to make 36 annihilator armour suits. This could take a while XD

Where can I find a plasma spitter?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:39:20 pm by KiriKaneko »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2017, 12:16:31 am »
Those "claw things" while lowish in base damage scale well and have a rather high armor pen. In the hands of a merc officer they do 95.5 damage after scaling. add in 150% max roll and you get 143.25 max damage.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2017, 12:22:34 am »
oh wow, isn't that stronger than the electro sword then?

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2017, 12:32:57 am »
It's a dagger, a top-tier one, but still. Of course it would be weaker than a sword. On a capped gal (80 STR, 140 MEL) sword will have on average 136 damage, while mono-claws (these claw things) only have 91 damage, but they also ignore some armor and are faster to attack, as well as fitting on a quick draw slot.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2017, 06:22:43 pm »
That's good thanks! I'll be switching to claws since the annihilator armor lacks a backpack

I just attempted some star god captures. The handles didnt work we couldnt even hit them, and then tesla coil had a 50% kill rate. How does the tranquilizer harpoon and the small bomb launcher match up to them? Is there anything I can be using that takes them down pretty fast with a low kill rate?

Offline SomeGuy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2017, 10:01:07 pm »
I just use the small bomb launcher, but if one of me gals gets close enough and I prayed to RNGeesus earlier, cattle prod 'em. Works . . .sometimes.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 22, 2017, 10:13:44 pm »
I had like 3 of my people stood behind 3 star gods bashing at them. We used annihilator armor and sprinted and they all had max TU so we got a ton of swings but not even one of them hit :/