Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676762 times)

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.14)
« Reply #330 on: July 10, 2018, 04:12:23 pm »
Wow, month December: terrible rating - 2580 points. There were USOs spawning like hell.

Don`t see a way, to get past that.
Sorry to say, but vanilla was somewhat better balanced.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 10, 2018, 04:47:59 pm »
Wow, month December: terrible rating - 2580 points. There were USOs spawning like hell.

Don`t see a way, to get past that.
Sorry to say, but vanilla was somewhat better balanced.
It may be, balancing is in progress. Can you provide savegame?

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 10, 2018, 05:33:01 pm »
Of course:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10wlq7W0DU8tD5JP08F2IqNV1MvHWdQCM/view?usp=sharing (savegame)

Aliens now have Usos with shield, guarding their bases. Great, if all you got are Baracudas. Lost a full Triton with 10men....du to not kowing, where a base was.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 05:36:12 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 10, 2018, 05:40:20 pm »
Upd.:Did you remember what terrain type was there?

I'm afraid I don't.  :( Maybe the one with drowned ship husks, but I'm not sure. I aborted turn 1 after seeing that my only HE weapon doesn't work.  ::)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 10, 2018, 07:12:02 pm »
Of course:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10wlq7W0DU8tD5JP08F2IqNV1MvHWdQCM/view?usp=sharing (savegame)
Ok, you got 6 alien bases and 15 active infiltrations. No wonder you losing. It is matter of life and death to destroy bases as soon as you can.
Aliens now have Usos with shield, guarding their bases. Great, if all you got are Baracudas. Lost a full Triton with 10men....du to not kowing, where a base was.
Why do you lose your men? By default only ship will be lost, and passengers will return to your base after some time (when escape pods will be founded by sea rescue :) )
And by the way, you can build Moray, not only Barracudas.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2018, 07:49:25 pm »
Ok, you got 6 alien bases and 15 active infiltrations. No wonder you losing. It is matter of life and death to destroy bases as soon as you can.Why do you lose your men? By default only ship will be lost, and passengers will return to your base after some time (when escape pods will be founded by sea rescue :) )
Ok, do you think, the base defensive crew of the alien base will be impressed, when I arrive with my Jet Harpoon?  ;)
When this is the solution, then I`m really f...., cause it is difficult enough, to get Gauss. I still don`t have it. And conventional heavy weapons suck due to their weight.

And about the Moray, what is it better then the Barracuda?

Thank you for the information about the rescue crew. Didn`t know that.

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 10, 2018, 08:16:37 pm »
And conventional heavy weapons suck due to their weight

A neat combo I'm using in my playthrough (superhuman) is heavy gas cannon with elerium ammo. 150 HE damage is enough for everything so far (Tasoth take 2 direct hits). The weight issue is easily solved by making a training base for rookies. As in, build like 8 training pools in one base and stuff 80 fresh recruits there. 5 months down the line and you suddenly have enough 90+ accuracy 50+ strength soldiers to last the entire game.  :D Really hope Nord doesn't remove this degenerate strat, it's very fun.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 10, 2018, 08:27:28 pm »
Yeah, you seem to be better then me in the mod. But me, I`m just casual. Want to have on "beginner" a beginner experience ;)

Offline Vesparco

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 10, 2018, 08:42:42 pm »
Yeah, you seem to be better then me in the mod. But me, I`m just casual. Want to have on "beginner" a beginner experience ;)

Then don't play in Ironman! (At least it what you told before).

I would advise not to play in this manner until you are familiar with all the game mechanics (such as multiple interceptors and the armament typologies you were unfamiliar with).

Also I cannot stress enough the advantages of the gas cannon with explosive ammunition. Is extremely OP in open spaces due to accuracy, damage, range and TU usage. three guys with that can blast most of the stuff you may uncover with your "explorers". this technology is already available afterwards the Jet Harpoons so you can rely on them until Gauss.

Why do you lose your men? By default only ship will be lost, and passengers will return to your base after some time (when escape pods will be founded by sea rescue :) )

Didn't know this was a thing! Nice to know and very nice compensation.

Then I believe there are serious issues in the balance department in terms of manufacturing. The costs in terms of USO components are unreal, specially with the volatility of aircrafts and weapons (280 aquaplastics for a slight better transport and 1 magnetic navigation for each Gauss weapon is kind of overkill, specially when there is no difference between a pistol and a heavy Gauss and the amount of aquaplastics and navigations to field a full squad requires a heavy quantity of USOs to achieve).

Edit: Dreaghnouts do not have magnetic navigation?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:09:27 pm by Vesparco »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 10, 2018, 09:17:23 pm »
@Versparco:
I abandoned the idea of ironman widely. I have a save from November, where the rating is good. I keep reloading that savegame. During an month I play Ironman.

How do you get around with gas canons, when it is that heavy?

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 10, 2018, 09:26:26 pm »
How do you get around with gas canons, when it is that heavy?

By not using fresh recruits with no training. Training pools are really good - strength increases very quickly there. Even if you don't do this cheesy training base strat I mentioned, having one or two pools at your main base really helps. Gas Cannon + AP clip is just 32 weight units, one month in the pool makes anyone able to wield it.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 10, 2018, 09:58:04 pm »
@Nord:
What ballancing changes will take place in the next download-version?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 10, 2018, 11:54:17 pm »
What ballancing changes will take place in the next download-version?

Please make the game harder again.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 11, 2018, 07:24:11 am »
Please make the game harder again.
Again or even more?
I think aliens must conduct less basebuilding missions and more terrors.
But if player will let to stay six alien bases... Well, it is war. And war never changes.  :)

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 11, 2018, 09:23:12 am »
I've figured out the "Will not function above water" bug. Some equipment only works if you have nothing in your other hand. When you do have something, it produces the message above. It is very misleading, "You need both hands to operate this" would have been much better. If the text can't be changed I suggest you remove the mechanic, replacing it with severe aim penalty. As it is now, it doesn't tell the player what they are doing wrong and looks like a bug.

As for the alien colonies, yes, please replace some of them with terror missions. Clearing bases without even gauss appears to be nearly impossible. The first level once again has aliens mind controlling without having vision, which pretty much rules out the use of explosives.