Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 690028 times)

Offline Callahan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.09)
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2018, 10:53:33 am »
Got another one

Crash after researching Jellyman squad leader.
Research STR_ABYSSIAN_CRUISE not found

Savegame with suspended research attached.

Offline Callahan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2018, 04:02:08 pm »
Regarding the crash due to the missing sound, I detected that in another mod the length of file and foldernames was the problem.
Same may apply here.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2018, 08:19:18 pm »
I will attach the save tomorrow. I'm not at home right now.
If it is a known issue, it might be it was because I did not restart the game after upgrading to 2.09.
I discovered the colony by setting a waypoint for a craft. The colony might have been created while still on v 2.08
- fixed. Sadly, old savegames must be redacted, or new game started.
3 more things came across in v 2.09
Jellyman seems to lack 1 frame when walking on ground. That frame only shows the 2 arms, body is missing.
- fixed
1 crash due to sound 1195 not found in battlesounds2.cat.
Combat was a Naga sub recovery at enemies turn.
- fixed, i hope.
2nd map of the alien bio reseach facility in surface mode with surface weapons.
From description, 1st mission part is surface, 2nd should be submerged.
- sadly, this good idea is impossible now. Fixed description.
2 old issues I remember from v 2.08. I'll just write them in case they have not been known yet.
Crash on Alien Barge mission start - map block TRITON could not be added. Seamaster worked.
- temporary fixed.
On Alien barge mission, was able to fire downstairs through "seamaster" start tiles - and got fired upon in return.
- fixed
Got another one

Crash after researching Jellyman squad leader.
Research STR_ABYSSIAN_CRUISE not found

Savegame with suspended research attached.

- fixed too.

I mean version 2.10 is up.
Changelog:
 - bugfixing.
 - added equipment - chemical neutralizer.
 - fixed new animation of static units.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 08:26:49 pm by Nord »

Offline tinky winky

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.10)
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2018, 10:10:38 am »
Many thanks for the research tree. Has noticed strangeness (can only me?) TIFON has very little fuel, it is written in the description that it uses zrbite, but it seems that it flies on terrestrial fuel, a fuel reserve of 50!

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2018, 12:55:34 pm »
Yes, it is a bug. Here is a quickfix. Replace existing file

Offline Dawy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2018, 08:59:38 pm »
Hello!

The game crashes, when I reach Artifact site-1 and says:

[05-05-2018_19-47-23]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Unit generator encountered an error: item set not defined
[05-05-2018_19-47-23]   [FATAL]   Unfortunately, no stack trace information is available
[05-05-2018_19-47-26]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Unit generator encountered an error: item set not defined

Is something missing or what?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2018, 06:08:24 am »
Yes, there is a bug. I'm preparing major bugfixing patch, it will be ready soon.

Offline seeker

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2018, 05:45:29 pm »
this mod is a great mod but the one lingering issue with it for me is that the early game is too hard. so here is why:
weapons

harpoon is a tactical ammunition weapon where the alternate shoot types are useless. the explosive can kill you as so much stuff uses melee and the tranquilizer takes too many shots to put an enemy on the ground. also, it only gets one shot.

jetgun needs about 1 or 2 extra range and it would be fine.

the rifle thing needs to be able to hurt the polys

pistols need more range

terrane
the terrain creates problems because of the overpowered nature of xcom's enemies so creating some new map tilesets would be appreciated

craft
omg, the starter craft is awful 8 transport capacity, 1 weapon slot, almost what feels like no fuel which is a problem 

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2018, 02:50:11 am »
Hi Nord,

Love the mod! Was wondering if I could use your spite of the walker in a mod of mine?

Was also going to cheekily ask if you had the original template before it got split out into the spritesheet as I'd love to mod a few things :)

Thanks in advance!

SQ

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2018, 07:14:55 pm »
Sure you can use any of my sprites. I'll provide template as soon as got anything better than gprs. :)
By the way, i have a question to community:
How do you think, aliens must surrender? Right now only church fanatics can. But aliens are too ... alien. Or not?

Offline Alpha

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2018, 07:44:40 am »
Just fired up TFTD for the first time and figured I'd give this mod a shot as a combo. Not new to xcom and have recently finished a superhuman ufo defense game. Just thought i'd throw my opinion on my first hour or so of playing. I enjoyed the cruise ship cult shootout quite a bit, I liked the farm style mutant zombie map that i got placed on as a night mission. My only real complaint is that it makes the early game feel really tedious. I had to stop playing after a really... boring polyp mission. TBH in hindsight i should have just abort the mission after I noticed whats going on. Immobile, long range, extremely accurate high armor high HP tanks.

Was dropped in the middle of 7 polyps, had my hardsuit guy throw a smoke, he proceeded to take about 40 reaction fire shots which left him on 2 hp. At that point I had him auto shot his jet harpoon at the nearest one and he hit all 3 shots without so much as denting it. Another hail of reaction fire finished him off. At that point I just realized that its just an encounter you have to game... Just drop a bunch of smokes from the inventory screen to prevent reaction fire, move to a position out of range of any polyps, and then the lack of fun begins. They dont move so you just form a firing squad line and have 1 guy move a tile to reveal it. Proceed to shoot, rinse, repeat. Counted 18 hits with a jet harpoon on the 2x2 polyp before it died. Cleared the map completely after 83 turns of a snooze fest. My question is whats the point of them? They offer no danger if you just use the same cheese strategy, but take years to kill with the gear you have when you face them. If you encounter polyps as your first mission, you simply are 100% required to abort without question. Unlocking jet poons makes them a massive grind, and then unlocking phosphorous rounds basically just removes them from the game. After seeing them twice I just insta-nope and abort usually. Am i missing something about them? The lurkers/zombies/cult felt fun.

Any polyp mission just turns into drop smoke, make a safespot, slowly slog through the map with no danger and pray that each shot you take rolls 150% damage so you get out faster. I'm loving the rest of it so far though!

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2018, 09:38:25 am »
The polyps are really embarassing in a first month. :) But dont forget, they are not aliens, just animals. Yes, maybe i need to decrease their reaction, but you can just abort mission and try to develop better equipment before encounter them. Like normal craft. :)
A point of these is to give you uncommon weapon tech, and show you that not all is so easy now. ;-)

Upd: A version 2.11 is up!
Changelog:
 - Major bugfixing, including critical bugs.
 - added new weapon - vibro knife
 - Triscene now have fire weapon
 - research tree has been changed slightly, one major thing - you need to destroy one alien base or artifact site to build one transmission resolver.
 - added two buildings - Naval control center and transmission nexus.
 - minor rebalancing
 - rebalanced manufacturing costs.
 - newest OXCE+ used.

I repeat: please, UPDATE your mod, you can not finish game in version 2.10.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:44:07 pm by Nord »

Offline octagon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2018, 04:39:14 am »
Crash when trying to swim up in Hazmat suit.

Offline octagon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2018, 07:32:36 am »
And another one.

Offline Lord_Kane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2018, 08:27:24 am »
I tried this on a fresh install of TWOTS 2.11, and it works fine, have you updated to 2.11?