Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 696401 times)

Offline Belcanzor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.58)
« Reply #2130 on: November 29, 2023, 02:40:56 am »
This is from additional USO variants, still hunting them. Thanks, will fix.- No, i dont want it. Maybe some terror units...
- impossible.
- impossible.
- will cause bugs.
Impressive power is synthesis :p

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: December 01, 2023, 06:28:03 pm »
Dear Nord, could you please fix this already?

I'm providing save file, but it's only after mission is done. Did it as Triton 2 on 2nd base.

I had the same issue so I went ahead and did corrections not only for this but also for the enhanced aquatoid technician. I am still playing through so if I spot more, I may correct and upload.

Create a folder in your mods folder. Title it whatever name.  Place the two attached files in the folder. Launch OpenXcom and enable the mod options in OpenXCOM.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: December 09, 2023, 08:25:18 pm »
Version 2.59 is up.
Changelog:
- New mission type - underwater terror;
- new events;
- Minor bugfixes.

Most votes was against oxygen mechanic, so maybe later.
Not much things changed. If someone want to help with new shipping terror maps - i will be happy.

Also, have you seen any upgraded tftd globe? It will be good to upgrade globe, but hybrid ones not fitting TFTD setting.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.59)
« Reply #2133 on: December 09, 2023, 08:44:20 pm »
There appears to have been one game mechanics change that could be very important to highlight.

If I understand the script properly, previously first turn alien TUs have been set to 1/3. Now they are fully randomized between 1-100%.

Previously you have been able to depend on the aliens with certain weapons which require more than 1/3 TUs not firing on the first turn (like sonic blastas, sonic cannons), now they might be able to. This will probably make the gameplay more interesting and varied, and more difficult if you have rushed out of the craft on the first turn. But nonetheless, this is something players should watch out for and adapt their battlescape tactics accordingly.

Offline QuakeSlayer

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: December 09, 2023, 10:44:45 pm »
Version 2.59 is up.
Changelog:
- New mission type - underwater terror;
- new events;
- Minor bugfixes.

Most votes was against oxygen mechanic, so maybe later.
Not much things changed. If someone want to help with new shipping terror maps - i will be happy.

Also, have you seen any upgraded tftd globe? It will be good to upgrade globe, but hybrid ones not fitting TFTD setting.

I had two ideas for the future update. The first is to add the Seamaster interior for the surface missions. I had found some of the refs I could find about the insides of the Seamaster (Note the sketches I could find is Convair Model 52 which is the closest thing I could find) The second option I mentioned when I first joined the forum is to maybe try to add elements of TFTD: Vanilla Plus not the hybrid globe of course but something like new enemies from
Daev1675441619 Expanded Aliens, Expanded Arsenal and Alien Rank Variants and the crafts from the TFTD+ itself from that into your mod.

Maybe giving Citizens weapons to give them some defense in shipping and terrorist missions.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 10:56:34 pm by QuakeSlayer »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: December 12, 2023, 10:51:36 am »
Fair points, i'd second that :)

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: December 19, 2023, 07:03:52 pm »
Bug fixed? UFOpaedia article about zrbite flares no longer has image - just black space there. In file ufopaedia.rul line 2480 still has STR_CHURCH_OF_SIRIUS, but should be replaced to STR_CHURCH_AGREEMENT. This will fix appearing article about paladin before his interrogation.
P.S.
I've found why some images missing. In file ExtraSprites.rul there is a bunch of wrong lines: typeSingleSingle which should be replaced to typeSingle.
This is fixed (what I found so far) files. Replace them mod files in relevant folders.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 08:44:32 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.59) My extension
« Reply #2137 on: January 03, 2024, 01:45:10 am »
HI I tried to  reworked my changes as Extension to Existing mod.
 but unfortunately rules does seem to merge correctly so  I manually merged them and put in rules folder (only changes are zipped there as well]]

What is changed :
  - alien origins is  harder to reach  and the alien bases are hidden and only chance is to detect them by advanced or armed buoy  (if not killed by hunter first)
  - seamaster and typhon  can carry small vehicles
  - all craft has limited capacity of items, that
  - SCORPAENA is more durable, requires ultrandense and is armed with cannon instead torpedo
  - flat increase of fighting powers (barracuda and  moray has only two weapons)
  - Naga's race  is much stronger
  - Calcinite protoform and abbysians have immunity to some damage types
  - hybrid armor is slightly better
  - in order to interrogate high rank alien - autopsy must be researched first and as well some lower ranked specimens
  - alien dungeon entrance redesigned
  - increase way-points  of micro-torpedos to 3 (at higher cost of components for ammunition)
What is new:
  - added new rank in church (archivist) -  than can with some other topic unlock alien language that is crucial for interrogating aliens)
  - includes more USO variants and SAND-MOutain terrain
  - Naga's city has two levels (orignal one is  2nd)
  - three new type of ammunition for shard weapons
  - YACHT - alternate ship for pirate attack in early game

« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 02:03:54 am by murkhach@centrum.cz »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: February 13, 2024, 08:47:08 pm »
Version 2.60 is up.
Changelog:
- Added new map - Yacht (thanks to murkhach@centrum.cz);
- Added new unit - shoggoth;
- Added new items: tactical buoy; fuel tank;
- bio-suits now provide more bonus health;
- slightly improved some sprites;
- minor bugfixing;

I had two ideas for the future update. The first is to add the Seamaster interior for the surface missions.
Seamaster can not land in a random place. It is a normal airplane, needing long flat surface or open water to land. So i decided to drop operatives down while their plane fly over.
The second option I mentioned when I first joined the forum is to maybe try to add elements of TFTD: Vanilla Plus not the hybrid globe of course but something like new enemies from Daev1675441619 Expanded Aliens, Expanded Arsenal and Alien Rank Variants and the crafts from the TFTD+ itself from that into your mod.
Part of these aliens are drawn (drawed? maked?) by me, so which one do you think of? As about new USO variants - IMHO here is plenty of them allready, i have a hard time when try to find a role for new one.
Maybe giving Citizens weapons to give them some defense in shipping and terrorist missions.
Maybe.
Bug fixed? ...
Thanks, now fixed.

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.60)
« Reply #2139 on: February 15, 2024, 08:17:14 am »
Question to Nord.

There is a setting called "UFOExtender: Psionic Line Of Fire".

This setting should be enabled or disabled in TWOTS on Superhuman Ironman difficulty?

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: February 15, 2024, 08:59:06 am »
Disabled. The game becomes way too easy with psionic line of fire (and the AI doesn't know how to use it).

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: February 15, 2024, 01:06:00 pm »
Disabled. Some psi-weapons use their own line of fire setting.

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: February 15, 2024, 03:43:53 pm »
Thanks.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: February 15, 2024, 11:16:59 pm »
That's a recent change in OXCE.
https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/25e5545e59fc1ad7148c849e3052e8493c9fa10f

I will write a separate post about what it is and how to handle it.

We will also change it from an error to a warning (for a limited time) to give modders time to migrate.

Getting the same error as above with version 2.60-see attached.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: February 15, 2024, 11:23:32 pm »
Getting the same error as above with version 2.60-see attached.

Just use the officially released version and you'll be fine.