Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 755931 times)

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)
« Reply #2160 on: March 12, 2024, 12:55:30 pm »
Apparently the UFO firing rate was also rebalanced the way CrazedHarpooner proposed above.

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61) Shoggoths
« Reply #2161 on: March 15, 2024, 12:57:40 pm »
Well In my opinion
  Shoggots should be much more bigger
  something like Shaihulud from X-Chronicles

I know that they were used as workers but  according to Lovecraft novels they are huge (so 2x2 model will be more appropriate)

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Captain
    • View Profile
for smoother playing I suggest to add small vehicles for Seamaster and Typhoon (in early game drones can be a great help)
CRAFT.rul

For P6M add lines
    vehicles: 1
    maxSmallVehicles: 1
    maxLargeVehicles: 0

For typhoon  add lines
    vehicles: 2
    maxSmallVehicles: 2
    maxLargeVehicles: 0 

As well the stingray with 4 crews can easily handle small USOs just after shoot down and it brings a more fun (especially with limited arsenal)

soldiers: 4
    pilots: 2
    maxItems: 25

deployment:
      - [4, 7, 0, 4]
      - [4, 6, 0, 4]
      - [4, 5, 0, 4]
      - [4, 4, 0, 4]

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: March 15, 2024, 04:51:13 pm »
Never saw "maxSmallVehicles" parameter. Should use.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: April 20, 2024, 05:24:42 pm »
Player will lost Triton (and possible any ship) if lost mission against Church of Sirius at new yacht vessel even it uses 2 square tiles for initial placement and no Triton present on that map. Is this another bug?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: April 20, 2024, 11:22:19 pm »
Player will lost Triton (and possible any ship) if lost mission against Church of Sirius at new yacht vessel even it uses 2 square tiles for initial placement and no Triton present on that map. Is this another bug?
No.
If you lost all your aquanauts - there are no one to pilot Triton back to base.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: April 23, 2024, 08:50:23 pm »
This is non logical. If all aquanauts will die but at least one drone left and player abort, drones will pilot it back? Triton not even present on on that map. For example initial layout close to terror cruise ship, but player not loss Triton if hes team get wiped out.

Offline Legacy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: May 08, 2024, 03:46:03 am »
Another year another attempt to defeat the challenges this mod has to offer. Thank you for putting so much work into this mod, Nord

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: July 09, 2024, 07:16:28 pm »
Only thing this excellent mod lacks (aside from maybe being able to shoot down USO over land and have USO recovery missions on surface - if it is present I apologise for my mistake as 2 years ago it was not present and in the new playthorough I just started i´ve not gotten far enough to check it out) is some atmospheric dark music. Tone of TFTD combined with this mod is much darker than original UFO EU which precludes this mod from using for example (excellent) X piratez or X-files music pack music. I know that there is Orchestra of the Deep mod, but unfortunately while it is of excellent quality, it contains just remastered versions of the old songs.

And one thing that I find more unrealistic than entire alien invasions are states present in game. Aside from maybe expanded USA and European Union there is almost 0 chance of any of those states (especially Alaska and Icelandic Union) existing by 2038. Do you maybe plan on replacing existing states on map with for example China, Japan, (united) Korea, Egypt, Russia etc. ?

Another thing which would be useful (at least at the beginning) is adding options for aquanats to use their fists as melee weapon.

I also found it weird that during initial attacks of cult of sirius (and later attacks on ships by aliens) on various ships there are no armed sailors present. At least some of them should have some basic pistol maybe.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 07:27:30 pm by coorta88 »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: July 09, 2024, 07:45:13 pm »
And one thing that I find more unrealistic than entire alien invasions are states present in game. Aside from maybe expanded USA and European Union there is almost 0 chance of any of those states (especially Alaska and Icelandic Union) existing by 2038. Do you maybe plan on replacing existing states on map with for example China, Japan, (united) Korea, Egypt, Russia etc. ?
It is not our world, but Earth, survived first alien war. A lot of things have changed then.
Another thing which would be useful (at least at the beginning) is adding options for aquanats to use their fists as melee weapon.
Go to pool and try to hit something with your fist underwater. If you show us video, i can add such ability to the mod. :-)
[/quote]
I also found it weird that during initial attacks of cult of sirius (and later attacks on ships by aliens) on various ships there are no armed sailors present. At least some of them should have some basic pistol maybe.
[/quote]
Sailors never wear guns. Maybe one gun holded in a captain's safe.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2170 on: July 09, 2024, 08:05:59 pm »
It is not our world, but Earth, survived first alien war. A lot of things have changed then.Go to pool and try to hit something with your fist underwater. If you show us video, i can add such ability to the mod. :-)

Which is why every aquanaut should carry a knife. Always. ;)

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: July 09, 2024, 08:59:50 pm »
It is not our world, but Earth, survived first alien war. A lot of things have changed then.Go to pool and try to hit something with your fist underwater. If you show us video, i can add such ability to the mod. :-)

Sailors never wear guns. Maybe one gun holded in a captain's safe.

You are right about using fists underwater as I forgot about viscous drag :), my bad. But I mostly meant using fists in surface missions, where they would be useful in subduing various enemies in close combat.

Regarding state of world. You are of course right that world of X-Com TDTD is world after alien invasion and there should be some changes, but since you take many thing in your mod realistically (as you start in your mod with no flying subs and specialized underwater) equipments as in original TFTD) i think that geopolitical development should be taken realistically as well. There is very small chance that even alien invasion would cause human race to unite in ways as it is displayed in TFTD. I can maybe see European Union in TDTD universe transforming into true federation, maybe even USA absorbing Canada, but how exactly would states such as Alaska and Icelandic union exist and be major players on world stage ? Most likely consequence of humanity facing invasion from space (and winning of course) would be much greater level of militarisation of each state on earth, greater expansion of various mility alliances etc.... But this is just my opinion and keeping states as they are in game (even if they are weird) is not a major thing.

About sailors, maybe in current era, but i think that in situation where various ships are disappearing from unknown reason it is not a great leap of logic to assume that various companies would attempt to fix this by arming sailors.

Anyway, as there were updates to OXCE do you plan to replace some of "elevators" on ships with ladders ?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: July 10, 2024, 06:04:00 pm »
Anyway, as there were updates to OXCE do you plan to replace some of "elevators" on ships with ladders ?
Well, not exactly. But if someone make such mod for vanilla, i can integrate it.

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: July 16, 2024, 04:06:13 pm »
Well, not exactly. But if someone make such mod for vanilla, i can integrate it.

Well maybe if I get to fully understand map modding tools for this game I may produce something....

One thing I noticed is that Hybrid armor description in ufopedia speaks about it preventing its wearer from running in it, but in game, when I ctrl click my aquanaut is still able to run. Is it intended, minor oversight or something that can not be modded in game ?

Last problem with this mod I noticed that you basically (excellently) overhauled everything in game, but colony assault missions are still the same. I mean is it not possible to at least change which races of aliens are deployed in the first and second part of colony ? And another thing is that first part of colony is always the same, which is shame since as you have shown in this mod you can create really awesome maps (alien underwater lab ship for example).

Minor thing but is it really neccessary for officers and soldiers present in game to have prefix human ? Would it not be better for officer to be rather called - military officer and soldier either just soldier or proffesional soldier ?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 04:10:01 pm by coorta88 »

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: July 16, 2024, 04:24:16 pm »
After playing various missions in alien ships and artifact sites I remembered one thing that extremely annoyed me not just here, but in unmodded TFTD as well and it is impossibility to shoot through alien elevators for both you and aliens. I know that it is probably something hard coded in game engine as you would have fixed that already but still my question is that can this be fixed so that shooting through elevators work similarly to UFO enemy unknown (which should prevent me and aliens being able to indefinitely camp on elevator and prevent anyone from below or above from doing anything about it)?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 04:34:02 pm by coorta88 »