aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.62)  (Read 784541 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)
« Reply #2175 on: July 16, 2024, 06:22:05 pm »
It can be annoying, and can be changed. But i never wanted to do it. For me it is just one of TFTD features.

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: July 23, 2024, 01:09:25 pm »
For some reason during later alien colony assault mission I often encounter unarmed aquatoids at the start of mission (they are not panicked), not sure what is causing this.

Anyway what about upgrading at least part of aquatoids in colony assault missions in later part of game to enhanced aquatoids ?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: July 23, 2024, 03:59:36 pm »
For some reason during later alien colony assault mission I often encounter unarmed aquatoids at the start of mission (they are not panicked), not sure what is causing this.
Maybe they have sonic pulsers?
Anyway what about upgrading at least part of aquatoids in colony assault missions in later part of game to enhanced aquatoids ?
Interesting idea, thanks.

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: July 24, 2024, 12:13:55 am »
Maybe they have sonic pulsers?Interesting idea, thanks.

Not sure about them having sonic pulsers - when clicked on them with middle mouse button, they were displayed as having no weapons on either hands.

Well you can update for later stages of game artfict site missions as well - maybe add some enhanced aquatoid and if you want to be extremely nasty you can add new variant of tentaculat - armored Tentaculat with extra 20 points of armor and include options for aliens to deploy them to missions above sea waves (explanations could be that aliens decided to speed them their "biological weapon program" and upgraded tentaculat to bring even more terror into the hearts of their enemies).

As for shore village I know that there are already 2 variants (first varinat with deep ones and slightly better equipment for mutants and one without it) but as game progresses this mission could use some upgrade - maybe add sonic pulsers to inventory of mutants and replace all shotguns/machineguns of mutants with shard weapons.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: July 24, 2024, 06:46:56 am »
You're not supposed to be able to use sonic weapons without alien implants. There is nothing to suggest mutants have them (if they had, this should come up when researching them). This is why IMO later-stage paladins should not have sonic weapons either.

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: July 24, 2024, 08:48:19 am »
You're not supposed to be able to use sonic weapons without alien implants. There is nothing to suggest mutants have them (if they had, this should come up when researching them). This is why IMO later-stage paladins should not have sonic weapons either.

Thats why I only mentioned shard weapons for mutants since in their description it is specifically mentioned that they are lesser weapons meant mainly for various slave races (which mutated humans are). Still in later shore village missions there are deep ones present - maybe they could be in much later part of game armed with sonic weapons (if it is even possible to arm terror unit with handheld weapons). Or as there are improved versions of gillmen and aquatoids in later part of game there could be some improved deep ones with better armor and more powerful weapons.

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: July 24, 2024, 11:09:30 am »
Some general ideas that could be used in this mod. 

1.As zrbite is (compared to elerium) earth based we could have late game (after you research tech about Tleth) descriptive tech (similar to the one about true origin of calcite protoform) about origin of Zrbite in which scientistcs would gain info from various aliens that the only source of Zrbite is Tleth, where this substance is refined from myriad metals, including gold and various organic substances under extreme heat and pressure and with current earth technology it is almost impossible to recreate those conditions elswhere.

2.Maybe add some mention to aqua plastic tech that it is very resistant to laser technology ( to explain how earth militaries are unable to shot down USO even when flying in the air).

And as it seems that you have started to ide events in mod how about this:

1. event about scientistcs attempting to recreate conditions under which zrbite is created leading to an explosion in Lab in which several scientistcs were killed and multiple were injured.

2. event about flying subs employing Johny deaf (nuclear) torpedo which could cause serial problem in international community due to (still valid) Ban on tests or using nuclear weapons.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: July 26, 2024, 07:44:57 am »
I wonder why do the XCOM fighters have to risk lives entering underwater bases full off dangerous creeps and downed UFOs instead of dropping powerful bombs.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: July 26, 2024, 08:02:24 am »
I wonder why do the XCOM fighters have to risk lives entering underwater bases full off dangerous creeps and downed UFOs instead of dropping powerful bombs.
1. Because bases placed under the sea bottom, deep in the ground.
2. For precious loot.

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: July 26, 2024, 10:54:10 am »
After getting Leviathan craft and playing with it in tactical missions for the first time I realised despite how powerfull craft it is, it is very "bland" in terms of appearance compared to either Triton or Poseidon (which in current version of this mod looks awesome). I know that redisigning CRAFT is definitively not and easy thing to do but Leviathan for it being an ultimate craft deserves something better.

Leviathan in my opinion should be:
1. Longer
2. Have cockpit similar to the one in Triton or Poseidon
3. Have an extra exit directly to the roof of craft
4. Have drive unit present in the back of Craft similar to the one in The FLOUNDER.

And maybe add much more fearsome walking sound for OGRE and CYCLOPS armored suits.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2024, 11:11:45 am by coorta88 »

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: July 27, 2024, 09:42:55 am »
Not sure if I did something, but despite having both Oct autopsy and live Oct (from Aquatoid medic) researched, OCT_ARMOR article about weak spots of oct never appeared in Ufoapedia.

I think that Ufoapedia of this game could use some reorganisation. As this game has large ammounts of various armors I think that all armors should be moved to armor section.

The same could be said about unique weapons (everything from magnetic weapons to gas cannon, basically everything that is not requested from militaries or companies around the world) for aquanauts you can develop through game, that are still listed under general equipment, while they should have unique section called Advanced aquatic equipment.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 09:56:47 am by coorta88 »

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: July 28, 2024, 01:12:32 pm »
Another idead of mine is that descriptive technologies (such as finding true origin of Calcinite) which give to player no military or any other advantage should at least reward him with I donĀ“t know extra rating for month it was researched.

While I extremely like idea of being able to sign up peace treaty with Jellymen, I find it strange that there is not even one attempt to do the same thing with either naga or gillmen (which are both earth civilisations). While I guess that any attempt at such thing would be futile with both of them for gillmen due to them being part of alien network linking them to alien ruler and naga because their entire civilisation is based around worship of Alien ruler whom they regard as god, it would be nice to have such attempts present as either events or special researchable tech.

While all alien creatures present in mod are interesting I dinf it strange that we even get explanation about what is Calcinite, there is no such thing for drowned, whichr even after researching both live drowned or autopsy of one remains a mystery - maybe unearthing mystery of drowned could be linked to capturing and interogating naga ruler and explanation for drowned would be that they are simply meat puppets controlled by naga sorcerrors through molecular control ?

Offline Draemock

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: July 30, 2024, 08:07:36 am »
Is there somewhere I can view what each difficulty level does? I know in regular it can affect number of aliens, their stats like reactions and accuracy and funding. Has anything been changed or does it use standard TFTD difficulty settings? I'm torn between Veteran and Genius for my new playthrough

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: July 30, 2024, 01:07:44 pm »
Essentially the only difficulty change from the vanilla values is

ufoFiringRateCoefficients: [100, 85, 70, 55, 45]

The vanilla values are:

ufoFiringRateCoefficients: [100, 95, 90, 85, 80]

This affects the rate at which UFOs can shoot. This was nerfed a bit for Genius and Superhuman in a recent update.

There is very little difference between veteran and genius. Both spawn the same amount of aliens, the minor differences relate to accuracies, retaliation chances, etc. Either one should be good. The biggest consideration would be whether to play superhuman. If you've already played the mod that's what I'd suggest.

Offline Draemock

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: July 31, 2024, 06:58:00 am »
I've played it several times.....just never beaten it lol. I either end up not playing for a while and cant remember I have a save game or a new update comes out and I restart just in case somethings changed.