aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 689213 times)

Offline Ednew

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.52)
« Reply #1965 on: December 16, 2022, 05:39:22 pm »
Hi People :)
I have seen a modded version of TWoTS last year, made by ZeroFox. It contained tons of new weapons (and a few new armors) like: Ancient Power Armor
UAC Heavy Rifle + UAC Gauss Cannon Mk3
Augur Rifle
BFG10K
Enforcer Drone
Colonel knife
ACME swimsuit
Hybrid magnum   + Hybrid minigun
Sonic shotgun
Evil speaker box
Advanced Cybernetic Armor

(etc.) :) However, I cannot find it. How / where can I find (and use) this mod/expansion pack? Many thanks in advance.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: December 21, 2022, 07:41:51 am »
I saw something strange. "No line of fire" message from an adjacent square inside a USO. From another adjacent square it worked fine. I wonder if this is another bug in USO floor maps (an invisible wall or something)? Or could it be a bug in the engine (very unlikely I suppose)?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: December 21, 2022, 08:18:09 am »
I must find some time to check all this maps.

Offline Ednew

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: December 29, 2022, 12:57:12 am »
Hi People :)
I have seen a modded version of TWoTS last year, made by ZeroFox. It contained tons of new weapons (and a few new armors) like: Ancient Power Armor
UAC Heavy Rifle + UAC Gauss Cannon Mk3
Augur Rifle
BFG10K
Enforcer Drone
Colonel knife
ACME swimsuit
Hybrid magnum   + Hybrid minigun
Sonic shotgun
Evil speaker box
Advanced Cybernetic Armor

(etc.) :) However, I cannot find it. How / where can I find (and use) this mod/expansion pack? Many thanks in advance.
   Hi People, pls help me out on this one :) If it is not available for free then where can I buy it? I searched for tons of things like ZeroFox (he has an account on Steam but it is a dead-end anyway) or the items I listed in my prev. comment - but no luck so far... I have no idea why is this "expansion pack" not listed in the mods just like the others or why all these "secrets" (nobody seems to know anything about it, but why was it made in the first place? Hopefully it was made for fans to use it and enjoy the gameplay...) If it can be purchased, then where? Merry X-mas btw. :) and a happy New Year :)

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: January 10, 2023, 10:16:26 pm »
FWIW, also noticed the following.

Sometimes in Artifact Site missions, the sneaky aliens have forever imprisoned 2x2 units in locked rooms with 1x1 exit. I have sometimes seen this at least with Oct, not sure about hallucinoid (with mixed crew). I wonder if the spawn points (or which units can spawn where) could be adjusted. I suppose the vanilla spawn points have made an assumption that this alien rank does not spawn here. (As a player, this is a rather easy - too easy - way to grab a live Oct terrorist and thus get access to advanced MC equipment much earlier in the game.)

In the same vein, in T'Leth stage 1, 2x2 units (Hellcrabs) sometimes spawn in an upstairs room from where they are stuck. I suppose this is because in the vanilla mission, there were only 1x1 units so the spawnpoints would need tweaking if you want to avoid this. Fortunately, there is a bug hunt ode.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: January 11, 2023, 12:45:45 am »
The cheesy strat that sometimes, with luck and planning, might for work T'Leth level 3. Use psiVision=5 MC Armors to detect the final tasoths in the room next to the starting location, when they go near the wall, MC them and one by one kill off the other tasoth guardians and tentaculats. Finally, move over to the room guarding the ultimate alien and use the tasoth guardians to destroy the crystals. This is the first time this worked for me. The other troops were obviously already 2/3 way through the other corridors by then.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: January 12, 2023, 05:45:42 pm »
Another hole in the cruise ship terror mission floor plan. In the square, you get a sighting to the Deep One located one level upstairs from the red square. I recall having been killed before from the outside while in this elevator, but now I got my own sighting on this.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: January 14, 2023, 03:29:15 am »
I think those are vanilla map bugs.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: January 14, 2023, 01:36:32 pm »
Ok, I'll try to repost that into another subforum. Here's another.

In artifact site mission, I shot a tasoth with GC-ZR, which apparently caused the floor beneath the tasoth to get destroyed, and the tasoth fell to the floor below. However, it fell  inside the walls and cannot get out and cannot be killed. I suppose this is a bug in definions, and the floor through which it fell should have been indestructible. I guess I'll have to hack the save and/or use debug mode to move or kill it.

Not sure if this is a bug in the original (never seen it happen at least), or whether the destructability of walls etc. has been changed in this mod. I don't recall seeing "falling through" behavior in vanilla TFTD but I may be wrong.

BTW. I wonder why I got mixed crew in artifact site mission at the start of July. Based on alienMissions, I would have expected the chances to be
        STR_AQUATOID: 20
        STR_GILLMAN: 30
        STR_CARCHARODON: 50
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 02:28:53 pm by psavola »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1974 on: January 15, 2023, 06:09:34 pm »
Another hole in the cruise ship terror mission floor plan. In the square, you get a sighting to the Deep One located one level upstairs from the red square. I recall having been killed before from the outside while in this elevator, but now I got my own sighting on this.

Protip: you can see through things that have holes in them. Try it in real life.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: January 20, 2023, 10:22:12 pm »
FWIW, in the other thread, SS posted a fixed vanilla map for the cruise ship (the elevator was missing two squares of ceiling).

In other news, my crew got grenaded through the missing floors in the medium hunter sub (multiple issues reported earlier in this thread). Really frustrating, it would be really nice to have the worst map bugs fixed.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: January 27, 2023, 06:32:29 pm »
V. 2.56 is up.
Changelog:
- new facility - headquarters (also prison for humans);
- new item - zrbite lamp;
- Improved some sprites;
- USO maps fixed;
- Fixed Cruise liner placement;
- Fixed the Poseidon tank placement;
- Fixed the Triton/Poseidon colors;
- Fixed some ufopedia typos;
- Slightly balanced;
- minor bugfixing.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.56)
« Reply #1977 on: January 28, 2023, 07:01:24 am »
The underwater throwing range reduction to 60 % will likely affect some early game playstyles slightly (I certainly use a lot of grenades). Nice. Also, making shard weapons accessible through squad leaders is likely a very good thing. They might actually end up being used in the early game now, especially if you don't get navigator right away. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: February 05, 2023, 02:16:59 pm »
Per discussion and suggestion in OXCE thread:

you can change what right click does per facility type, see attached

Opening the research screen when right-clicking the HQ is not very useful. You should add "rightClickActionType: 1" to STR_HQ in facilities.rul in order to be able to choose what to do with the human prisoners you get (otherwise you cannot kill paladins/outcasts to grab repair their armor). The strings in that screen also need to be defined.

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: February 06, 2023, 09:08:22 pm »
Hi I tried this nice mod, It is really good one and funny 
  - i like the fight vs. REEF  in the beginning

however I suggest some tweaks
  Tech Tree
   - make 'Aliens origins' more complex  (researched soldiers of five basic races) 
   - stun ammo depends only on containment  (in current build you can stun underwater with dart gun anyway)
   - move HiTech navigator requirement after synonymom device
   - make Gauss harder to obtain  (dependent on using alien weapons   OR longer research ? )
   Missions
   - add STR_MUTANTS4 category  with calcinite
   - for ARTIFACT site refined scale for appearence of mixed_Crew
   Items
   - reduce slightly grenades damage
   - increace  TU for vibro-blade and thermic lances
   - slightly increase knife accuracy
   - improve  trident
   - Slightly improved microtorpedos (rng 24) 
     and guided torpedos  (4 waypoints )
   Races
   - made Naga more versatile
     -- Warriors,Guards and Lords gain more HP,
     -- Sorcerrer and Lords  got Extra AIM and reactions