aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 687400 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.36)
« Reply #1320 on: February 03, 2020, 12:10:55 pm »
Version 2.37 is up.
Changelog:
- Cormorant now have 2 harpoints for cannons;
- Fixed shard weapons(armor damage, no more armor piercing, proper rifle name, proper sell costs and recovery points);
- Fixed melee weapons TU cost;
- new sounds for drones;
- more space for large storage and large quarters;
- minor balancing.

Offline MasterBLB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.37)
« Reply #1321 on: February 03, 2020, 08:50:26 pm »
"Cormorant now have 2 harpoints for cannons;"
Great! Will especially build one again to see how it intercepts small ufo with 2xGas Cannon/Aqua Plastic Cannon

"Fixed shard weapons(armor damage, no more armor piercing, proper rifle name, proper sell costs and recovery points);"
Seems working - I've just been shot in the chest, wearing Zrbite-powered armor. Now my front armor is lowered to 85 from 100, but aquanaut hasn't been wounded.

"Fixed melee weapons TU cost;"
Well, it seems something went wrong, TU cost of an attack is still % dependent not constant. Looks like engine limitations...well, why you don't set low value for %cost, like 8-12%? High melee attacks costs would also explain why Tentaculants are so timid in TWoTS.

"new sounds for drones;"
Apparently not for Squid Light Drone (underwater mission), but that may be related to having mission in progress while updating TWoTS to 2.37. Will check in a next mission then edit this entry.
EDIT:
Nope, in a next mission, after game restart the sound is still as it was before 2.37

"more space for large storage and large quarters;"
That's great and so much welcomed, especially storage, but now values in UFOpedia description and stats for nerds don't match.

BTW, I assume Naga Trident acquisition is similar to those needed for Khimtar Black Box - I have to research "Naga Society" which will unlock some kind of new mission type (Naga Temple?) in which I'll get the trident as a bounty, right? And like Khimtar Black Box the trident is not linked in tech tree viewer.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 01:56:13 am by MasterBLB »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 04, 2020, 11:35:01 am »
Well, it seems something went wrong, TU cost of an attack is still % dependent not constant. Looks like engine limitations...well, why you don't set low value for %cost, like 8-12%? High melee attacks costs would also explain why Tentaculants are so timid in TWoTS.
Just checked. All works fine. O_o
"new sounds for drones;"
Apparently not for Squid Light Drone (underwater mission), but that may be related to having mission in progress while updating TWoTS to 2.37. Will check in a next mission then edit this entry.
EDIT:
Nope, in a next mission, after game restart the sound is still as it was before 2.37
My bad, forget about surface/underwater doubling...
"more space for large storage and large quarters;"
That's great and so much welcomed, especially storage, but now values in UFOpedia description and stats for nerds don't match.
Damn, i know that i forget something.

Offline MasterBLB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: February 04, 2020, 01:00:47 pm »
Just checked. All works fine.

Seems you've missed some. Spear, Hook and Axe indeed have fixed attack cost 18 and 25 TU, Vibro Blade as well, but for Thermal Tasers it is still 35%, for Gauss Weapon melee hit costs 40% TUs.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 04, 2020, 01:24:59 pm »
Also one thing with metadata.

Metadata.yml and thus mod selection screen still say "version: 2.36".

misterx

« Reply #1325 on: February 04, 2020, 01:34:49 pm »
OH, and no new content  :'( :'( care for addin Solarius' concussion cannon form opexcom files?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 04, 2020, 02:41:29 pm »
Seems you've missed some. Spear, Hook and Axe indeed have fixed attack cost 18 and 25 TU, Vibro Blade as well, but for Thermal Tasers it is still 35%, for Gauss Weapon melee hit costs 40% TUs.
Tasers... they are not clearly melee. You think they must havee fixed amount of tu?
What is gauss weapon melee hit? I have no such thing in my mod. Maybe you have turned on some other mods?

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 04, 2020, 03:18:43 pm »
I think it makes sense for tazers to have %tu costs. The rate at which they freeze targets depends on the device itself, not the speed of the aquanaut swinging it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1328 on: February 04, 2020, 03:44:07 pm »
I think it makes sense for tazers to have %tu costs. The rate at which they freeze targets depends on the device itself, not the speed of the aquanaut swinging it.

Exactly. At least that's how most mods do it - mechanical weapons (like guns) have % TUs, while simple melee and such have flat values.

Offline andre2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 05, 2020, 08:31:07 pm »
Bug: I had a base mission going at the bottom level in Ver 2.36. I converted to 2.37 and finished the mission.
The Transport started but the base was not removed.
This is bad. I had to play ~1.5h in 2.37. Base missions are boring. I dont want to do it again in 2.36 and then convert to 2.37.
:-(

Can I remove the base somehow in 2.37?

The save "10 After mission.sav" is made with 2.37 with the returning craft.
The save "!!!.sav" was made in 2.36.

Offline MasterBLB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: February 05, 2020, 09:01:11 pm »
Indeed, I've turned a mod called 'Gun Melee'. Well then, assuming tasers are not melee weapons then I revoke my bug report.

However, sound for scout drones has not been changed, be in underwater or on surface missions. Tested on Squid Light Drone.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: February 06, 2020, 05:13:20 pm »
Bug: I had a base mission going at the bottom level in Ver 2.36. I converted to 2.37 and finished the mission.
The Transport started but the base was not removed.
You have two colonies near each one. Number 4 (staying) and number 12 (destroyed).

Offline andre2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: February 06, 2020, 05:39:41 pm »
:/ Right. I havent played for 2 weeks and forgot that. Sorry for the additional work caused. I just checked it by aborting the mission.

Offline MasterBLB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: February 07, 2020, 11:55:42 pm »
Seems there is a bug - Locust cannot be hit by melee attacks. I tried with Squid Light Drone stun, with Fabio Fuentes armed with laser cutter, and Galen Pavlakakis Gauss rifle melee attack provided by mod - neither of these attempt were successful despite high chances of hitting the target, and reloading the save didn't changed output.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 08, 2020, 08:46:14 am »
Seems there is a bug - Locust cannot be hit by melee attacks. I tried with Squid Light Drone stun, with Fabio Fuentes armed with laser cutter, and Galen Pavlakakis Gauss rifle melee attack provided by mod - neither of these attempt were successful despite high chances of hitting the target, and reloading the save didn't changed output.
Have you tried to hit bee swarm with a stick? It is not a bug, it is intended.