Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676742 times)

Offline Jokerke12

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.36)
« Reply #1260 on: January 17, 2020, 01:15:48 am »
Hi
Quick question. The always daytime mod doesn't work with this mod. Nighttime missions stay nighttime missions. Is it supposed to do that?
I'm guessing it's intentional, but I thought I'd ask, just to be sure.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 17, 2020, 10:03:54 am »
Hi
Bug report (Ver 2.36):
The SHARD PISTOL has like two entities.
I could research it twice.
It is listed twice in USOpedia.
It has 2 entries in inventories on top of each other.
Yeah, one of them is actually rifle.
Also I cant get the nessecary research for T´Leth. Do I have to research a Lobster Man Commander twice?
How that? :o Please provide save file.
Hi
Quick question. The always daytime mod doesn't work with this mod. Nighttime missions stay nighttime missions. Is it supposed to do that?
I'm guessing it's intentional, but I thought I'd ask, just to be sure.
Yes, many mods are incompatible with TWoTS.

Offline andre2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 17, 2020, 11:47:44 am »
Her is the save file.

In the above 2 screenshots you can notice, that once the Lobster Man Commander is darkened out and once, at the other screenshot, the letters are still lightened.

misterx

« Reply #1263 on: January 17, 2020, 07:53:37 pm »
The ufopedia talks about AKM but it resembles more an AK 47, plus the foregrip is brawn and the handle is tan, may i suggest uniforming the colors? Oh and a version with fixed gnubutt would add more variety, as the real AKM

Edit: the endless war mod has a nice AKM sprite, i'd avise to use it replacing the current one
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 07:59:40 pm by misterx »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 17, 2020, 08:02:58 pm »
Her is the save file.

In the above 2 screenshots you can notice, that once the Lobster Man Commander is darkened out and once, at the other screenshot, the letters are still lightened.
Yes, it is vanilla mechanic. You have interrogated lobsterman commander before youlearn what to ask. Now you need one more. Also you will need
Spoiler:
to research alien key from naga city. Have you got that?

The ufopedia talks about AKM but it resembles more an AK 47, plus the foregrip is brawn and the handle is tan, may i suggest uniforming the colors? Oh and a version with fixed gnubutt would add more variety, as the real AKM

Edit: the endless war mod has a nice AKM sprite, i'd avise to use it replacing the current one
This particular gun has been worn by semi-mindless fanatics for many years. It is rusty and dirty. Like this one.

Offline andre2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 17, 2020, 10:26:36 pm »
@ Nord: No, I dont have Naga City yet. I asume the 2nd Lobsterman Commander knows more about that.  ;)

In ever knew you need 2 of them in Vanilla. I´m already in the 2nd level of a base with 18 dudes and 60 stun bombs. Stun first, ask later.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 17, 2020, 10:30:36 pm »
@ Nord: No, I dont have Naga City yet. I asume the 2nd Lobsterman Commander knows more about that.  ;)
No, live Snakemen knew more.

misterx

« Reply #1267 on: January 17, 2020, 11:17:32 pm »
This particular gun has been worn by semi-mindless fanatics for many years. It is rusty and dirty. Like this one.

mmhh ok actually you're right it's more contestualized like x-piratez. Good job with the sound department also, i like the new geoscape track too, and a couple more of battlescape tracks would be appreciated, theADS rifle sound is very cool and original!

Other ideas for possible addictions: here and here. Also  having clips (batteries)  for laser weapons would be more frustrating, challengin, please think about :)

Offline Steelpoint

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 20, 2020, 09:00:18 am »
I've found this mod quite interesting to follow. Like the Hardmode expansion mod I enjoy how this expands concepts and well done mechanics.

Considering the lengths this mod goes with the addition of more surface based weapons, like the AK or newer generations of 'laser' weapons, I'm surprised there is no early game surface only armour you can give your troops for the more uncommon surface missions.

If I could tender a suggestion it'd be a alternative ability to wear old style coveralls as a alternative early game armour for surface missions, perhaps they have a tiny bit better protection than the starting dive suits. Its always bugged me how our soldiers will still wear their bulky deep dive suits on missions taking place on islands or surface ships.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 20, 2020, 09:00:22 am »
Other ideas for possible addictions: here and here.
CAV-X is indeed interesting thing. Looks like we will have an SC-ammo before 2040 and X-COM... or the aliens are allready here and X-COM sells part of their old equipment...
Otherwise, keep up the good work!
Thanks.
If I could tender a suggestion it'd be a alternative ability to wear old style coveralls as a alternative early game armour for surface missions, perhaps they have a tiny bit better protection than the starting dive suits.
Continue playing and you will find them.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 09:02:19 am by Nord »

Offline Steelpoint

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 20, 2020, 09:06:59 am »
I suppose I'll have to operate under the view that our organisation was re-organised to be so hyper focused on underwater operations that the bureaucrats who authorised our armaments never imagined we'd conduct surface operations and thus never gave us any real access to surface only armour and guns.

Good stuff otherwise.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 20, 2020, 10:32:01 am »
I suppose I'll have to operate under the view that our organisation was re-organised to be so hyper focused on underwater operations that the bureaucrats who authorised our armaments never imagined we'd conduct surface operations and thus never gave us any real access to surface only armour and guns.

Good stuff otherwise.
Not quite that. As sayed in usopedia, we can acquire surface stuff, but will not develop our own. And about buying more advanced surface weapons, what you can suggest? (Remember that stuff from first alien war is useless without elerium.)
Right now you can acquire
Spoiler:
old armor suits and experimental elerium-free plasma weapon
later in game.

Offline Steelpoint

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 20, 2020, 11:19:32 am »
Best I could think of is refurbished old war Power Armour that is redesigned to run off of Zrbite.

Maybe you could make a case that we could purchase the ability to 'buy' old AW1 Plasma Weapons that still use elerium based ammo, state that we found an old XCOM stockpile of the ammo so we have a limited ability to field a small amount of the weapons, you could take it a step further and make it that you can 'research' a 'Old XCOM Bunker' research that will grant the player a limited amount of elerium based plasma ammo (20 to 60 units per) and that is the limit of ammo for the few plasma weapons we have.

In theory what'd happen is that the player could gain access to, say, two plasma pistols, four plasma rifles and two heavy plasma guns. As well as about 20 to 30 ammo clips for the three gun types, and that would be all the player can use for the entire game, you cannot buy more or manufacture more, as there is no elerium left to make them. As such you could either sell these items for a tidy profit (It belongs in a museum!) , or keep and use them for surface missions only and gain a slight advantage for so long as the ammo lasts.

Either way, I'll have to play the mod further to form more coherent opinions, this is just my early thoughts on your question.

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 20, 2020, 05:14:46 pm »
Do aliens still run colony supply missions in this? I have a colony monitored with 3 wide-range sonars and haven't been able to detect a single cruiser landing.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 20, 2020, 06:32:02 pm »
Do aliens still run colony supply missions in this? I have a colony monitored with 3 wide-range sonars and haven't been able to detect a single cruiser landing.
Yes, with 85 percent chances. Remember that wide-array sonar has limited detection chances and supply ships moving stright to target. Also Jellymen bases (without detection circle) dont spawn supply ships.