Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676741 times)

Offline Unmadesoldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.33f)
« Reply #1125 on: October 18, 2019, 05:39:39 pm »
Thank you Nord.

Also, I found that the alien ADS clip cant be manufactured.
Is this a bug or is it intentional?

Not like it really matters as by the time I see it being used by those former church of Sirius chumps better weapons are already available.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 19, 2019, 07:53:20 am »
Intentional.

Also, you all know that i am not native english speaker. So yesterday i was very surprised to learn that "twot" means "the waste of time" in english internet slang. Odd...

Offline Lord_Kane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 19, 2019, 12:51:04 pm »
Intentional.

Also, you all know that i am not native english speaker. So yesterday i was very surprised to learn that "twot" means "the waste of time" in english internet slang. Odd...

it can also be a alternate spelling of twat, but thats rarer.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 20, 2019, 03:31:19 pm »
How many times I need to ask add evacuate tiles everywhere? Why you can't fix it for few years? Or get rid of this shitty map completely, because 100% lost. Or place all enemies outside of extraction zone at least for first turn.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1129 on: October 20, 2019, 04:52:43 pm »
How many times I need to ask add evacuate tiles everywhere? Why you can't fix it for few years? Or get rid of this shitty map completely, because 100% lost. Or place all enemies outside of extraction zone at least for first turn.

I think you should rethink your wording, or at least pay some real money Nord.

Offline Unmadesoldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 21, 2019, 03:41:37 am »
@Nord

There is a nice resource for undersea warfare i think you should take a look at: H.I Sutton.

Here is a link to his blog on a topic I think you might find useful.
http://www.hisutton.com/Biomimetic_Autonomous_Underwater_Vehicles.html

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 21, 2019, 09:11:51 am »
@Nord

There is a nice resource for undersea warfare i think you should take a look at: H.I Sutton.

Here is a link to his blog on a topic I think you might find useful.
http://www.hisutton.com/Biomimetic_Autonomous_Underwater_Vehicles.html
UUV's have relatively low applications in TFTD. Long, sigare-shaped forms can be used only as crafts, but UUV's are too small for them.
But thanks anyway.

No, i will not. 32 cells is enough for terror mission.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 21, 2019, 01:51:51 pm »
32 cells is enough for terror mission.
:( Is it possible to put all x-com units just to those cells at the beginning? Same as they inside Triton, no empty spaces between extraction tiles. This mission worst than Polyths now, because you can abort and just lost guys who not at exit area. Moving is suicide, reaction fire kill you guys.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 21, 2019, 03:01:16 pm »
:( Is it possible to put all x-com units just to those cells at the beginning? Same as they inside Triton, no empty spaces between extraction tiles. This mission worst than Polyths now, because you can abort and just lost guys who not at exit area. Moving is suicide, reaction fire kill you guys.
I'll try.

Upd.:
Re-readed docs. Looks like i need to convert whole cruise liner into X-COM craft to do this. Dont think this is good idea.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 03:08:53 pm by Nord »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1134 on: October 21, 2019, 09:23:41 pm »
Re-readed docs. Looks like i need to convert whole cruise liner into X-COM craft to do this. Dont think this is good idea.

Doooo iiiiiiit.

Offline Unmadesoldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 27, 2019, 05:38:19 am »
Hi Nord. Would you consider adding this weapon to TWOTS?

The QBS-06 chinese underwater rifle based on the venerable Soviet/russian aps rifle.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 27, 2019, 09:15:59 am »
Hi Nord. Would you consider adding this weapon to TWOTS?

The QBS-06 chinese underwater rifle based on the venerable Soviet/russian aps rifle.
It is mostly the same as allready included ADS.

Offline Unmadesoldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 28, 2019, 03:45:50 am »
Fair enough.

Though I did notice something rather odd, or rather, logically inconsistent with TFTD in general.

Why dont craft sonic oscillators work above the sea? We see man-portable sonic weapons as well as alien craft sonic weapons working just fine above water in game and the latter in the original beginning cutscene.

I also noticed a major lore inconsistency with regards to t'leth and some of the aliens namely the ones that originated on earth. If T'leth was originally a colossal interstellar alien colony ship that crashed into the earth as the giant asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs, how the hell were the aliens able to get the gillmen and triscenes to side with them after the fact? Its outright stated that the gillmen and Triscenes are in fact prehistoric races and or species from the cretaceous era. And the Naga's....where did they come from? Are they an earth-evolved species? Alien created? As well as the lobstermen, charcharodons, tasoths (possibly), octs, and freaks...they do not appear to be alien in origin but rather genetically engineered from earth organisms by I presume to be the ultimate alien or the aquatoids or jellymen.

Is there an in-universe explaination for this or is it a simple oversight on behalf of microprose or others?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 04:12:04 am by Unmadesoldier »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 28, 2019, 08:16:42 am »
About oscillators on land - game simply cant distinct it from other craft weapons, so if one make sky dogfight possible, then there will be flying torpedoes.
About races...
Microprose  (vanilla) aliens are all genetically-engineered clones, based on previously captured species. No cooperation, no allies. Just biorobots.
In my mod i have tried to add some diversity, without breaking lore.

Offline greenking13

• Squaddie
  • I could have shot them, but decided to die instead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 28, 2019, 08:10:04 pm »
So, after playing another 20 or so Polyph missions, with attempts to get the big one to move again, I have not been able to make them move. I'm guessing it was a destroyed tile issue, but oh well. I guess that was just a quirk of that mission that day.

Onto the main reason I posted today.

For those who are trying to play this pack in SH, how are y'all (/did y'all) surviving the starting year? From what I can understand, the weapon progression is Harpoon->ADS->X-COM Rifle/Laser Rifle/Harpoon Gun (Laser for infinite ammo, x-com rifle for triple tap, Harpoon gun for underwater), but that's as far as I've gotten in terms of weaponry. I use the Torpedo Launcher for some of the mission enemies like the Jellyfish/Xarquids.  I'm aware that the gas cannon + its heavy version can be used due to it having a higher damage than most options, but it is less viable for enclosed missions due to the arc. The other issue is that at least for the heavy variant, they explode any loot you'd gain due to pileup. What is the next weapon tier? Is the micro launcher any good?

As for armors, Diving suit is the starter, but you could choose the Aqua-lung which allows you to go vertical for the cost of stamina. I steam-lined for Hazard armor for everyone, I skip the Hard Suit due to the stat decrease and no crouching. When I can, I switch to aqua plastic suit and for my doormen the armored version (The one which cost 16x aqua plastics), which is pretty amazing since doormen can tank some sonic shots if they're lucky. I'm hesitant to consider piling everyone into the armored suits since for that price I could try and build the Poseidon, which I've yet to get enough plastic for by August. Is this one of the strategies people use to survive?
(Oh, which reminds me, I don't know if the increase in alien ships and interception correlates with the newest version, or if in my current game, I am just unlucky enough to be in the two highest activity zones, but there does seem like an increased alien activity in the latest version.)

My serious question is... how are y'all fighting the shark people? They seem to be quite resistant to the SC harpoon ammo, to the point that I've point blank placed roughly 20 or so into one shark and it didn't die.

As a final part, does anybody use the acid weapons early game for a particular enemy? I'm considering incorporating them into my play style, but haven't considered against what so far. How many drones do people keep in their bases? I'm tried keeping 4 scouts, 4 underwater scouts, and 4 of the drones whose names I can't remember, but that only have the single gun with 70% accuracy or something? Plus a HWP if I get to it in time.

By August how many bases do people have? I so far only make two, one for my main base doing 50-75 scientists and 96 Engineers, with the ability to do 20 soldier training, and my second base which is a mass soldier farm of 50 training, and as of this play through (#9) 2 workshops to try and get a bit more cash. (Still being built, but the way this month is going, I think I've lost, since I'm going to lose an Artifact mission and my last month had what seems to be an alien base built if the score is anything to go off of.)

Thanks for any advice given, and good luck to all playing,
Green

(Side note: Did one of the recent versions of OXCE remove the ability to trade cash for moving buildings around? Or is CTRL+Left-Mouse not the right keybind?)

UPDATE: This play through is now over. I did not survive the month. I got roughly 2000 points from various missions throughout the month, but I was still -874 at the end of the month. But, I have learned that Xarquids are particularly vulnerable to torpedoes, plus they give 4 plastics each, which is nice. Also, I've updated my post to be a tad more accurate since I am playing right now and not just posting between classes.
So, from Jan 1st to Aug 1st, I detected 52 flying subs. Also... apparently I spotted an alien colony? I never saw it on my geoscape I think.
Is the bubble good for the heavy suits, since it would allow you to carry heavier weapons and have more armor?

Update #2: I now agree with Shiroi Bara on the topic of the cruise liner missions, or at the very least have something running in the background that checks to see if the ship inventory is within the exit, and if not to move it until it is. As seen in the image attached, everything is below Telmo, who is not on an exit tile sadly.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 04:38:02 am by greenking13 »