Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676872 times)

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.27)
« Reply #945 on: May 15, 2019, 07:02:13 pm »
Can we have NO 2 same mission in row in the beginning of month? Did Artifact site and Down USO site poped, send there Triton, and while it's on the way same mission poped in few seconds and around 10 more seconds I got Arsenal under attack. This is ridiculous:

And question regardless  the base at mid terrain - it has no warning detection circle. Why? Because I have no radar there (out of my detection range)? Or some bases not protected by aliens?

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 15, 2019, 07:35:32 pm »
And question regardless  the base at mid terrain - it has no warning detection circle. Why? Because I have no radar there (out of my detection range)? Or some bases not protected by aliens?
Jellyman colonies do not have warning detection circle.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 15, 2019, 08:16:37 pm »
Can we have NO 2 same mission in row in the beginning of month? Did Artifact site and Down USO site poped, send there Triton, and while it's on the way same mission poped in few seconds and around 10 more seconds I got Arsenal under attack. This is ridiculous:
Will do.

Offline gfzuglian

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 15, 2019, 10:25:45 pm »
The overwhelming number of missions in the beginning of the month are one of only two things I disliked in this mod, the other one being alien bases. It's just tedious to sweep three (or four) levels looking for a panicked lobsterman, with all that doors, walls and crevices to hide. Maybe if they could start being very agressive when close to the synonium device, the level could be more enjoyable.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 16, 2019, 11:10:07 pm »
Playing with New Battle menu to learn about some new mission what I have not encounter yet (don't want play them blind and been wiped there out) and found that tech string (STR_CHURCH...) what probably must be replaced by something more readable:

Could you check it please?
And text here has small font, bug?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 03:43:47 am by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: May 17, 2019, 05:05:51 am »
Playing with New Battle menu to learn about some new mission what I have not encounter yet (don't want play them blind and been wiped there out) and found that tech string (STR_CHURCH...) what probably must be replaced by something more readable:

Could you check it please?
And text here has small font, bug?

Ok, string will be fixed.
Small font because of long string. It is normal.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 17, 2019, 06:51:15 pm »
I don't know bug this or not, but when you using Magnetic Ion armor, backpack slot is filled with engine sprite, so you can't put anything there. Engine gone if you on the land, so you can use backpack again. But when I started 2 parts mission, I've found what underwater engine missing too and backpack could be used:

Save file to test and check:

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 17, 2019, 07:28:03 pm »
Land version of mag-ion armor goes without backpack.
And what goes to second stage - sadly, Yankes refuses to make different starting conditions for different stages. So if you begin on land, you stay on land...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 17, 2019, 07:32:04 pm »
Land version of mag-ion armor goes without backpack.
And what goes to second stage - sadly, Yankes refuses to make different starting conditions for different stages. So if you begin on land, you stay on land...

Starting conditions are my doing, Yankes is innocent.

The armor transformation feature (currently under Starting conditions) does work between stages... so you can transform armors between stages if you want to already today.
But maybe wait until OXCE 5.5 (to not do the work twice), because I have just split the Starting conditions into "Starting conditions" and "Enviro effects", and armor transformations will be under Enviro effects starting with OXCE 5.5.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 17, 2019, 08:45:10 pm »
Armor transformation is useless without weapons restriction.
In this case we have surface mission, turning to underwater.
And if change of armor is possible, surface weapons now staying in underwater stage. So i decided to make second stage surface too.

Offline gfzuglian

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 17, 2019, 10:28:01 pm »
Is there any feature that creates a save file with all the equipment in any mission? For example, when doing alien base missions (again) I use one equipment configuraton in the first level and another in the second level. I basically swap every weapon for heavy sonic. I initially thought that the save button served for this mechanic.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 18, 2019, 12:10:35 am »
Armor transformation is useless without weapons restriction.
In this case we have surface mission, turning to underwater.
And if change of armor is possible, surface weapons now staying in underwater stage. So i decided to make second stage surface too.

Well, I really can't help with that.
The weapons banned on the first stage are just not available anymore for the second stage, they are teleported back to base.

Maybe the mission INFO description could say that the mission is both on surface and underwater and the player should take dual equipment only?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 18, 2019, 06:35:05 am »
Then in first stage we can not use surface weapons.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 18, 2019, 01:53:47 pm »
Just opinion dependence on Vanilla analyze, it has 2 stages mission but they're both only at water or on surface. But here we have a more different missions. May be in future releases it could be fixed or changed, or author will change maps and enemies layouts.
P.S.
More values to fix at single battle option:

I think you better check it yourself, it might be more. And why no MC Controller available in equipment menu? Alien only weapon obtained as loot?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 07:58:32 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 18, 2019, 08:15:47 pm »
And why no MC Controller available in equipment menu? Alien only weapon obtained as loot?
Mc-controller is a part of mc-armor, as sayed in description.