aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676799 times)

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.27)
« Reply #900 on: May 02, 2019, 01:39:36 pm »
If you don't want advice, don't ask for it..

And yes, the game gives a lot of negative points for hidden undetected USOs. Vanilla did too, but there were less missions in vanilla, so less negative points.
Ok. You have answered exactly what I need. And I respect you and like yours youtube videos. I just not so good at this game. Seems old vanilla tactics not works here and I have to change mine, so building more bases mandatory. 
P.S.
Ok let's back to game. I got multiply messages "Name went unconscious" for one same aquanaut after area with barrels explode due to flames. I don't have save file, only screenshot:

Chain explosion effect may be?
P.P.S
And alive Drowned terrorist is only one who not unlock molectronics?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:27:34 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 02, 2019, 03:41:50 pm »
Chain explosions happens.
Not only drowned. Only those terror units unlock molectronics, who have those implants.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 02, 2019, 03:47:54 pm »
Ok let's back to game. I got multiply messages "Name went unconscious" for one same aquanaut after area with barrels explode due to flames. I don't have save file, only screenshot:

This is a known bug... it is on my todolist to fix.
It will take a while.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 02, 2019, 04:38:20 pm »
What this asterisk mark means on stunned Aquatoid Navigator?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 02, 2019, 04:46:03 pm »
What this asterisk mark means on stunned Aquatoid Navigator?

It's a snowflake.

It means he's freezing to death.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 03, 2019, 01:11:48 pm »
Well I'm gave up. I don't know how to play this game on easy difficulty if it force you to lose it anyway. Too much MC control and very crap weapons. Gauss require magnetic navigation what very rare and require unlock it first. Amount of mission on beginner too much for this difficulty. Game gives you two stages mission before you have gauss or sonic. All interceptors absolutely weak against even small ships and require too long way to unlock it. Very unbalanced game. May be I try it again but on classic xcom without hunter killers and with turned off MC completely. Too hard for me now.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 03, 2019, 04:26:31 pm »
Did you play classic TFTD?

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 03, 2019, 07:43:24 pm »
Yes, a lot of times. Classic is easy because you getting access to advanced weapons early, same for MC Lab. No no line of sight penalty, so you can shoot throw entire map. Fast getting Mantas and oscillators. Most of missions could be skipped and all USOs just shut downed by Mantas to maintenance good score. Annoying 2 stages missions could be skipped just arriving and aborting mission. Half of negative score, but better than full minus. No hunter killers. Aquanauts with 90+ MC strength  couldn't be controlled at all. Game can be finished in 3 hours on maximum difficulty (no I'm not speed run it, just saw videos). I understand what you made mod to long play, I just bad at it.
Btw, medic unlock for me calcinite corpse, but no drills in research list, and main question now - can I research another corpse manually or it's no longer possible? If Barracuda  destroyed pilot gone forever?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 08:27:13 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 03, 2019, 09:00:00 pm »
Btw, medic unlock for me calcinite corpse, but no drills in research list, and main question now - can I research another corpse manually or it's no longer possible? If Barracuda  destroyed pilot gone forever?
Medics provide onlyrace overview, and no special researches. Yes, you can still research calcinite corpse.
Pilots of sunken flying subs returning to their bases over time (on the bus ;-) )

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 03, 2019, 09:44:58 pm »
Pilots of sunken flying subs returning to their bases over time (on the bus ;-) )
Not sure, last time my barracuda was killed and pilot has not returned. I just hired another. Could you check manually? Later I can provide you save file and you may send barracuda to enemy base but without weapons or with empty ammo. So it will be killed and no pilot survived.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 03, 2019, 09:52:57 pm »
How does MC projector work?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 03, 2019, 10:52:49 pm »
Not sure, last time my barracuda was killed and pilot has not returned. I just hired another. Could you check manually? Later I can provide you save file and you may send barracuda to enemy base but without weapons or with empty ammo. So it will be killed and no pilot survived.
It should. It is set by default. Ok, i shall check twice.
How does MC projector work?
Fires invisible bullet, damaging terrain and breaking human bones.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 04, 2019, 07:07:14 pm »
I know that MC emitter does damage. How much? I've tried to use it to no fun and dropped. What type of damage it does? Is there resistance to its damage?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 07:15:48 pm by 5taras »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 04, 2019, 07:22:43 pm »
I know that MC emitter does damage. How much? I've tried to use it to no fun and dropped. What type of damage it does? Is there resistance to its damage?
You mean MCBA-emitter?
Is ufopedia description non-informative? Maybe i need to change it?

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 04, 2019, 07:25:59 pm »
Sorry. Something wrong with my eyesight. It failed me twice. I wanted to say MC focuser. It's not written about resistances to MC focuser damage. Perhaps, this weapon punctures through armor.