Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 687596 times)

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.17)
« Reply #525 on: September 10, 2018, 10:13:48 pm »
I did not see the film.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 11, 2018, 08:16:02 pm »
If I am not wrong, one cannot recycle the corpses of tasoth guards.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 11, 2018, 08:50:33 pm »
If I am not wrong, one cannot recycle the corpses of tasoth guards.
You can, just need to research one of them alive.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 12, 2018, 12:44:08 am »
1. Cyborgs can also train molecular control skills by applying? MCG aquanauts raise molecular skill after missions, but not cyborgs seemingly. 2. I can put MCP aquanauts to MC lab to train, which is illogical as they have no ability to use molecular control skill after implanting. 3. Molecular strength can be changed in Twots without implanting? 4. MC lab trains only MCG type aquanauts? 5. Zrbite power armor is more costly to make than exosuit. Why so? It's less protective and doesn't allow to swim. Thanks for attention.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:04:22 am by 5taras »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 12, 2018, 08:11:05 am »
1. Cyborgs do anything as normal aquanauts, they just got lower maximum mc-stats.
2. Engine restrictions.
3. MC-strength can not be changed. Mc-skill can be trained in mc-lab or by using mc-equipment.
4. Mc-lab trains everyone but protected.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 15, 2018, 02:03:56 am »
Hi. 0. Barge mission crashed again with segmentation fault. I've attached couple of log files with a saves files if that would help. I use Openxcomex+ 4.0. Also, error Unknow reserch STR_CALCINITE_PROTOFORM_CORPSE and Unknow reserch STR_NAGA_NAVIGATOR, STR_TECHNICIAN. Some warnings about missing something in en-us: STR_LEADER_PLUS not found, STR_MC_PLUS, MCLAB, STR_MEDIC_PLUS. 1. Could the developer add ability to recycle for aqua plastics and other components not needed human armors, besides hard suits? Including armor of fallen comrades, if the bodies were transported back to the base. And certain type of crafts of all sorts: morrays, makos and others made from aqua plastics. 2. Does hellcrabs have forcefields? Do they have high resistance towards fire? Freezers work against them? 3. During terror missions on ship missions aquanauts start in open space on ship deck surrounded by rather unhappy aliens. In original version aquanauts appeared on ship deck inside transport ship what gave them a hideout for the beginning of the raid. 4. I can not send alive captured aliens to another base if alien containment is not present there. May be it's game engine rule. It makes sense if one wants to have spare squid drone from live captured bio-drones which is in my opinion the best and hard-to-obtain light drone in the game. 5. Ion gun is so rare. I found only in tasoths' temple without clips.
Thanks for the mod.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:05:30 am by 5taras »

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #531 on: September 15, 2018, 02:36:12 am »
Hi. 0. Barge mission crashed again with segmentation fault. I've attached couple of log files with a saves files if that would help.

Okay, say I've loaded one of your saves. What did you do after saving that lead to the crash?

EDIT:

on the other questions, yes,

Spoiler:
Code: [Select]

after_load_checks:research: Referenced researchItem not defined for researchItem TWoTS/STR_ZOMBIE_CORPSE: {'STR_ZOMBIE_AUTOPSY'}
after_load_checks:research: Unreachable researchItem: TWoTS/STR_ZOMBIE_CORPSE: STR_ZOMBIE_CORPSE
after_load_checks:research: Unreachable researchItem: TWoTS/STR_NEVER: STR_NEVER
after_load_checks:research: Referenced researchItem not defined for researchItem TWoTS/STR_ALIEN_CONTAINMENT: {'STR_CALCINITE_PROTOFORM_CORPSE'}
after_load_checks:research: Referenced researchItem not defined for researchItem TWoTS/STR_NAVIGATOR_PRE: {'STR_NAGA_NAVIGATOR'}
and both vanila TFTD and TWoTS do not have itemCategories list in their rulesets which is wrong.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:40:28 am by Stoddard »

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 15, 2018, 02:55:13 am »
Okay, say I've loaded one of your saves. What did you do after saving that lead to the crash?
It crashed once when I equipped mc reader to squid drone on start window of the barge mission when one have opportunity to choose equipment for aquanauts. I reloaded, equipped mc reader to shrimp drone and the barge mission started.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #533 on: September 15, 2018, 03:07:46 am »
It crashed once when I equipped mc reader to squid drone on start window of the barge mission when one have opportunity to choose equipment for aquanauts. I reloaded, equipped mc reader to shrimp drone and the barge mission started.

It doesn't crash for me on the latest oxce+ 4.0 (the save files mention a previous version):
Load the geoscape autosave, send Triton-2 to the detected barge, equip the squid drone with the MC reader, press Ok - no crash.

Please download the latest OXCE+ 4.0 exe.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 15, 2018, 07:41:15 am »
Once again: what is OXCE+ 4.0 and where you get it?

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #536 on: September 15, 2018, 07:57:49 am »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 15, 2018, 08:48:39 am »
Ok, i got it. No, updating to newest OXCE+ shall change nothing important, mod is designed under version in package.

To 5taras:
0: thanks for saves, i will look. Wrong research topics must not cause problems, but i'll fix them, thanks.
1: No, i want it not. Aquaplastic must be precise. :)
2: No, they have no shields. Just tough armor and resilent body. If you want resistances:
Spoiler:
      - 1.0 # Spec
      - 0.9 # AP
      - 0.8 # Fire
      - 0.7 # HE
      - 1.0 # Gauss
      - 1.0 # Sonic
      - 0.4 # Stun
      - 1.0 # Melee
      - 1.2 # Acid
      - 1.4 # Smoke
      - 1.0 #laser
3. This was made to allow bigger landers. Because in vanilla you have only triton/hammerhead/leviathan, and they are all short.
4. Then build contaiment there. Or produce drone first and send them.
5. To encounter more ion weapons you must lose more missions and allow more USO's to do their job. But at the same time you will receive lower scores. And maybe lose countries.

and both vanila TFTD and TWoTS do not have itemCategories list in their rulesets which is wrong.
Not wrong, but bad. Maybe i will write them once.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 15, 2018, 12:37:35 pm »
4. Then build contaiment there. Or produce drone first and send them.
5. To encounter more ion weapons you must lose more missions and allow more USO's to do their job. But at the same time you will receive lower scores. And maybe lose countries.
Not wrong, but bad. Maybe i will write them once.
Thanks for the answer.
1. I can build containment but I need dead biodrone, not alive. Could you make an option to repair broken squid drone if it's leftovers were saved during mission.
2. I've already lost 3 countries. To return them I should destroy alien colonies close to them?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 15, 2018, 01:49:33 pm »
1. No. You can manufacture hull, but you can not repeat organic tissues of bio drone.
2. Yes.