Author Topic: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod  (Read 74460 times)

Offline Lord_Kane

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2018, 06:56:26 am »
Did you know that the corner walls of the heracles can just be walked through? also the rear doors make odd sounds when going through them
and you can exit side walls on the lighting as well.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 07:09:42 am by Lord_Kane »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2018, 12:29:02 pm »
I knew about the movement issue. I need to set those diagonal walls to bigwall type. I consider it low priority because the bug has existed since vanilla and it seems to do nothing more than offer you a way to exit your craft faster if you choose to use it.

I have been noticing the weird sounds but I don't know what's causing them. My initial tests had the doors using correct sounds. I'll have to go through it and reset their sounds at some point.

Offline DorgoDorato

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2018, 01:00:29 am »
I might just be really dumb, but I'm trying to install this modpack by dragging the files and folders into the data folder. It doesn't show up in the MODS section and does this to my game.
Spoiler:

Offline Lord_Kane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2018, 02:32:26 am »
I might just be really dumb, but I'm trying to install this modpack by dragging the files and folders into the data folder. It doesn't show up in the MODS section and does this to my game.
Spoiler:

You can a) only install it with the nightly version and b) you have to install it to your user folder.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 09:07:13 am »
Sounds like you should do a reinstall, you may have corrupted or destroyed some basic files. Make sure you install a nightly version. The 1.0 Milestone is WAAYY out of date. After that, the proper way to install a mod is to put it in the mod folder: C:\Users\YourComputerName\My Documents\OpenXcom\mods\

Extract the files from the zip into the mod folder and you're done.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:04:53 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 11:14:59 am »
You can just throw it in there as a zip file and it'll work fine.

What exactly do you mean by this?
I'm pretty sure you can't use just a zip... you need to extract the mod files.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2018, 01:04:18 am »
What exactly do you mean by this?
I'm pretty sure you can't use just a zip... you need to extract the mod files.
I must have been thinking about a different game. My mistake.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2018, 10:01:17 am »
I've used the Training Facility in the "From the Apocalypse" mod. It's nice, I like it.

I released a stealth update with 2 minor bug fixes.
* fixed graphical bug with auto-pistol clip
* fixed text bug in UFOPedia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2018, 10:24:15 am »
Do you have edited versions of the vanilla maps with it routes?
Yes, they're in the latest version of this mod.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2018, 05:02:59 pm »
One minor thing that drives me crazy: (even in vanilla): Could you mirror/swap the standard pistol graphics? all weapons have their grip pointing to the right, but NOT the pistol, this makes me itchy  :D

impressive mod, gonna play it over the weekend.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2018, 12:04:30 am »
Could you mirror/swap the standard pistol graphics?
Absolutely! I was considering doing that already. I'll bump up the priority and/or do it soon.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2018, 08:48:21 pm »

I have released another minor update, including the following changes:
 * Fixed door sound bug with Heracles map.
 * Adjusted Machinegun graphic to better fit within its 1x3 space.
 * Swapped Pistol graphic so that it faces the same way other guns face.
 * Updated and increased soldier melee accuracy.
 * Stun Rod now has increased power based on soldier attributes.

I have not yet figured out how to stop soldiers from walking through the walls. I tried setting them to bigwall type, and I tried copying the settings on the UFO walls, but neither seemed to work. I must be missing something. But at least you will no longer hear tanks being destroyed when you exit the Heracles. Turns out the little content tiles I put adjacent to the doors needed to have a sound attached, even though the floor tile under them had a sound. Apparently in combined tiles, the content is what determines the footstep sound.

I swapped the pistol graphic, and while I was at it I fixed the machinegun a bit so that it better fits within the space. It was originally designed as a 2x3 sprite but I'm doing all my auto-rifles as 1x3 and besides, the sprite looked like it should fit into 1x3.

New feature: soldier melee accuracy has been improved, however you will have to hire new soldiers for it to take effect. It matters little if you are running my mod in OXC, as the melee accuracy is ignored and melee weapons hit automatically. But if you run the mod in OXCE+, the stun rod will now use soldier melee accuracy to determine hit chance, and it will also gain 20% of their strength and 40% of their reactions as additional power. Running the mod in OXCE+ also allows your Avenger to equip a third weapon. I recommend using OXCE+; it seems to run vanilla mods without any issues. It only adds features; it doesn't take any away, and it's quick to update with changes to the nightlies.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2018, 01:46:03 pm »
Nice!  :D *downloads*

I have to admit i did not encounter the heracles door sound bug. The stun-rod change is good.

btw, iirc you have to change the "TU used" fields  for a tile to 255 to block it. (in mcdedit or via MCD patch in OXCE)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2018, 04:49:43 am »
btw, iirc you have to change the "TU used" fields  for a tile to 255 to block it. (in mcdedit or via MCD patch in OXCE)
Yes, all the tiles are already set that way. The reason they differ from UFO walls is that they are placed as content. When you have two content pieces diagonally adjacent to each other, you are allowed to step between them. There appears to be some conditions which can prevent that, as not all of the diagonal walls can be stepped through, but I can't figure out what is allowing some and disallowing others. I suppose I could add invisible impassible content tiles to block exiting, but it seems like going overboard and it would interfere with movement around the outside of the craft which is already difficult enough.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2018, 09:27:59 pm »
I fixed it! Changing the walls to various bigwall types worked exactly as I expected. Apparently I wasn't updating it correctly before.

Wall fix update released, along with upgrading the Lightning, Heracles, and Stalker maps to the same version I have in my mod in development, that way there's less chance of me releasing a mod update with mismatching map and tileset which I may or may not have previously done.

Update thoroughly tested by awake me, so should be much more bug-free than any other recent updates.