aliens

Author Topic: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod  (Read 75455 times)

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2021, 08:53:50 pm »
Code: [Select]
[14-02-2021_12-11-25] [INFO] - reaverxcom_full_1.4.7 v1.0

Your mod is not installed correctly, OpenXcom cannot find metadata.yml at all.

Don't put it into any subdirectories.
Extract it from the zip file as is.

Ah!  I see the problem, when I moved the extracted files over to the user/mods folder, I did not move it out of the "parent" folder that resulted from the extraction.  So it was indeed in a subfolder.  Moving it up one level fixes it!

Thank you Meridian!   I'm learning a lot about modding.  :)   (and enjoying your XPiratez playthrough from last year, although I have lots of questions about that!)

Dog

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2021, 02:15:17 am »
Enjoying myself so far with this mod!  Posted a thread over in the playthrough forum, I went into April last night, but haven't posted my last set of notes yet on that yet.  Got another Snakeman terror mission that was a little tougher, lost 2 troopers and 2 others wounded (including my poor Commander AGAIN - she's spent more time in sick bay than fighting).  Have both types of lasers unlocked and built, and liking the differences, and I'm building my first two new craft (the replacement for the Punisher and the first patrol craft).  Really like the arcing autocannon, using it like a GL for the most part, pulled off some nice aimed shots, but also some fun auto-fire.

One quibble/bug report for the Custodian. If you have a trooper in the first spot on the port side, and click on the ground immediately outside, he steps diagonally through the wall to the square by the wheel and then steps to the selected square (without opening the door).  The second trooper back behaves correctly (facing the door, opening it, and stepping out) and I'm pretty sure that the front starboard trooper does the same (the correct behavior over the bugged one).  I'm not 100% positive of that though, for some reason I was always forgetting and doing it with the port guy.  I'll check that for sure the next time I'm in-game.  EDIT - I checked, the front starboard trooper exits properly, opening the hatch and stepping out.   Otherwise, I really LOVE this ship. :)

Haven't encountered any other problems, and I've seen a number of early medium UFOs, which is a nice change from vanilla.  Can't shoot them down, but I've raided a few, with some great results.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 08:43:45 pm by Dogbarian »