Author Topic: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod  (Read 20700 times)

Offline Salt Factory

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2019, 12:48:39 am »
Oh I tried before, and they don't do any damage. The cyberdisc has an explosive resistance modifier, and the incendiary rocket does about as much damage as the heavy cannon shot. Only it takes more time units to use. I'm not complaining, I love this. These "alien armored vehicles" are like actual tanks. 

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2019, 06:50:43 pm »
Hmm, yes, it seems the cyberdisc takes less damage than I expected. It takes some, but not enough to be effective.

Big alien tanks then. Good luck. You're gonna need it! >: )

Offline Salt Factory

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2019, 06:31:55 pm »
Wait a minute, the floater doesn't die in 1 shot to a laser rifle? Oh no these reapers are actually scary when there's 10 of them right outside the custodian. Oh no my funding died...

Campaign #3 begins!

Offline Hadriex

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2019, 10:06:41 am »
So, I've been playing Terror from the Deep (vanilla) and it just makes me appreciate your mod all the more. (especially the tanks, I bought a mobile weapon platform, thought it looked cool and it moved one tile before being blown up.) This happened more then once.

Seriously, game is savage. And I miss so many things like arcing autocannons and rapid-fire plasma. sigh.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2019, 04:39:45 am »
Glad to hear it! I'm watching your new livestream. Perhaps some day in the distant future I'll make a TFTD mod.

Offline Salt Factory

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2019, 03:29:57 am »
Why did I bring alien HE? And it's gone, cydonia's lost. Great, how can I continue to mess this up.... Campaign 6 begins Superhuman is more than well at living up to its name. Max psi strength on all my soldiers. 2 psions with 60 skill and 80 strength, so close...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 05:28:25 am by Salt Factory »

Offline Salt Factory

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2019, 01:27:47 am »
Ok, here it is. The winning strategy to prove that s-human is beatable.

1: don't lose my base in NA 2 times costing me millions of dollars
2: Take that cash and get firestorm production earlier to prevent nations from pulling out. (If I had it a month earlier the council would be full but instead the terror ship landed before I could intercept and it was ethereals so...)
3: Don't wipe against march chryssalid terror mission costing even more money
4: Win/farm base defenses to get blaster bombs and launchers
5: Do not enter cydonia until I have 2 100 skill and strength psions and 2 guardian hovertanks
6: Don't skip turn 1 on cydonia, rush with tanks to spot as many enemies as possible and blaster bomb them all hoping to panic ethereals or outright kill them
7: then use fusion demolition charges (which will be placed on the floor at the end of each turn they are not used for fear of psi) with suicide bombers (cause the blast radius is insane) to ELIMINATE the sectopods guarding the brain room. The end I win
8: ...
9: profit
10: Quit X-COM for good, I've been playing it for 6 years and never beat anything on superhuman/impossible
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 03:06:51 am by Salt Factory »

Offline Salt Factory

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2019, 08:58:17 am »
Scratch that! Base defense is unwinnable. I have 2 laser tanks and 25 soldiers and each time the base and it's always a steamroll. I'll build walls of missile defenses on all my bases and farm alien base assaults for bbs and bb ammo.

Offline Salt Factory

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2019, 07:21:32 pm »
At long last, I'm done. You know, this campaign wasn't as exciting as all the others up until the end. I guess I've grown numb to it, the rookie spinning in place and then falling down to his death is no different than hearing a bird chirp outside my house. But alas it is done, Cydonia is finished. With only 3 deaths through both stages, and a turn 1 bombardment of blaster bombs. Which were painstakingly farmed by entering an easy floater base, mind controlling blaster bomb floaters and returning them to the deployment zone. Over, and over, and over. But hey, if the alien ai wants to cheat, I have some tricks as well. And the alien ai also loved to smash its head into my walls of missile defenses, not a single nation or base was destroyed. And it wouldn't be X-COM if the alien brain wasn't killed by a blasterbomb that missed veared off course and hit the brain. That's perfect. As always thanks for the hard work on this mod and have a nice day.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2019, 12:53:50 am »
Sounds like an amazing run! You really struggled with this, but you overcame the odds and achieved victory!