Author Topic: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod  (Read 13954 times)

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
Re: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2019, 10:31:06 pm »
FWIFF I always thought it was by design.

Offline Yeoman

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2019, 02:52:29 pm »
I'm having fun with this mod, the money and base management are much stricter than in vanilla. Haven't gotten far yet but interceptions also seem more difficult and gives you good reason to build more bases to sustain a larger air force.

It becomes tough to decide when to start using plasma weapons because you can't make ammo on your own. However, it also makes the move to laser weapons a no-brainer and basically mandatory.

Being able to buy specialized soldiers makes it far less of a big deal if you lose good soldiers, which may not be a welcome change for some.

I don't really appreciate the additional hangar and transport in the starting base. Do players typically use more than one transport? Moving your soldiers' equipment from one to another is a pain in the ass. I just sell the Skyranger and use the Custodian. Seems like by the time the speed of the Skyranger becomes relevant (when you have UFOs all over the globe and deal with multiple crash sites at a time) you would have a built a second base with a second team.

I noticed that craft that you have not unlocked yet will sometimes show up in the base expenses menu. For example, I have researched UFO navigation and now I see Albatross listed in the base expenses menu even though I should only find out about that craft after also researching Elerium. Not sure if it's a bug with the mod or a limitation of OXC/OXCE.