aliens

Author Topic: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod  (Read 74490 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO MEGAMOD] Reaver's Faithful Megamod
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2019, 11:25:48 am »
I don't know how I missed that! I checked the rocket launcher UFOPedia report before I published it!

Oh well. Here's the fix.

Offline Yeoman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2019, 11:18:55 am »
Seems that I don't get the prompt that I can build the plasma hovertanks once I unlock them.

Offline Lord_Kane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2019, 05:40:13 pm »
Seems that I don't get the prompt that I can build the plasma hovertanks once I unlock them.
its there, when you unlock them you also unlock like 18 different things so it gets buried a bit.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2019, 09:14:17 pm »

That might be the case, as they are unlocked by instantly-researched hidden topics. I stopped using this method at some point but I might need to go back and remove the existing ones.

Can you run a test for me? If you have a save from before you unlocked the tanks, just breeze through until you finish the research that leads to them. (It's UFO Construction and any plasma weapon.) When it presents the things you can manufacture, there should be a list and you should be able to scroll down to see all items on the list. Can you verify for me whether or not it shows up on the list?

Offline Yeoman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2019, 04:19:17 pm »
That might be the case, as they are unlocked by instantly-researched hidden topics. I stopped using this method at some point but I might need to go back and remove the existing ones.

Can you run a test for me? If you have a save from before you unlocked the tanks, just breeze through until you finish the research that leads to them. (It's UFO Construction and any plasma weapon.) When it presents the things you can manufacture, there should be a list and you should be able to scroll down to see all items on the list. Can you verify for me whether or not it shows up on the list?

In my save, I have all plasma weapons unlocked and when I complete research for UFO Construction, I don't get any pop ups at all about new things I can manufacture even though hovertanks and their ammo are now available in the manufacture menu.

EDIT: Attached the save file.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 12:21:43 am by Yeoman »

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2019, 12:39:41 am »
It should be fixed now, as of version 1.2.2. Stealth update just for you, or anyone reading this.

Offline Yeoman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2019, 03:35:08 pm »
It should be fixed now, as of version 1.2.2. Stealth update just for you, or anyone reading this.

Thanks.

Sorry, I don't mean to nitpick but seems the same change wasn't applied to the hovertank ammo.  I figured out how the code works though so I'm able to tweak it on my end.

Also, I really like the recent change to the first aid kit. The heavy TU cost gives you good reason to consider putting the resources to research and make medi-kits even if you are only after the healing. I had a guy who was knocked unconscious by a shot and I almost wasn't able to save him because my medic ran out of TUs to heal him that turn. At the same time, the first aid kit still retains its niche of being able to heal slightly more hitpoints.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2019, 10:25:07 am »
Thanks! Yeah I wanted the medi-kit to be generally superior with the first aid kit still having its own niche.

Sorry, I don't mean to nitpick but seems the same change wasn't applied to the hovertank ammo.
I felt it was redundant. It tells you that you can make the hovertank, and a person will probably assume that includes things that come with it. If they check the manufacture list, they will indeed see that the ammo is producible.

Offline Firestorm_01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2019, 10:52:01 pm »
I appreciate idea of this mod. Tweaking gameplay without mass of new content keeping things short but balanced. No dogs or cyborgs- just like it could be in original xcom.

I have few questions.

By the weapon stats this mod intended to be played without ufo extender accuracy. Am I right here?

Is this mod works without issues with latest OXCE? It appears to be working at the first glance, but who knows?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:46:49 pm by Firestorm_01 »

Offline Salt Factory

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2019, 06:47:07 am »
October 27th, 1999. It is finally ready, the final assault on Cydonia to bring down the alien invasion once and for all. Our best soldiers each with over 40 kills each and a guardian hovertank plasma to finish the job. We have everything, blaster bombs out the ass, heavy plasmas, every item slot filled as our troops have about 60 strength each. Here we go. But the time it took to loadout my troops was rather fast what happened? Oh well we're launching to Cydonia! It is at this point I realize, the avenger has been downgraded from 26 crew, to 12 crew. And I lose the campaign. This mod is great. That moment, even if it meant I spent all those hours just to lose on Cydonia, was great. This mod makes X-COM feel fresh and revives the element of the unknown. Even if that will wash off when I finally beat this thing (failed 3 runs so far going on a 4th on only veteran yes I suck) I can still hear the curb your enthusiasm theme ringing in my ears.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2019, 11:41:30 pm »
1.) By the weapon stats this mod intended to be played without ufo extender accuracy. Am I right here?

2.) Is this mod works without issues with latest OXCE? It appears to be working at the first glance, but who knows?
1.) You're correct. It was originally made to be played without, but when I started playing with UFO Extender accuracy, I found that the numbers work just fine or even better that way. I recommend using it but it works fine without, so it's really up to player preference. My upcoming mod is exclusively designed to work with UFO Extender accuracy.

2.) It works fine with OXCE. If it ever has a problem with OXCE, it's a bug and you can report it to Meridian or Yankes. (Report it here first, in case it's a bug with my mod.) OXCE has 100% compatibility and flawless performance running OXC mods.

October 27th, 1999. It is finally ready, the final assault on Cydonia to bring down the alien invasion once and for all. Our best soldiers each with over 40 kills each and a guardian hovertank plasma to finish the job. We have everything, blaster bombs out the ass, heavy plasmas, every item slot filled as our troops have about 60 strength each. Here we go. But the time it took to loadout my troops was rather fast what happened? Oh well we're launching to Cydonia! It is at this point I realize, the avenger has been downgraded from 26 crew, to 12 crew. And I lose the campaign. This mod is great. That moment, even if it meant I spent all those hours just to lose on Cydonia, was great. This mod makes X-COM feel fresh and revives the element of the unknown. Even if that will wash off when I finally beat this thing (failed 3 runs so far going on a 4th on only veteran yes I suck) I can still hear the curb your enthusiasm theme ringing in my ears.

Sounds like a fun time!

You'll often have difficulties playing old saves on new mega-mods, but I try to preserve as much vanilla save compatibility as possible. It can be the adventure that you want!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 11:43:46 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Salt Factory

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2019, 11:05:57 pm »
I'm not sure if you understood me, that campaign was start to finish in your mod. I just didn't notice the avenger was called "ultimate fighter craft" and not "ultimate craft." Which then meant I hadn't teched a good craft for Cydonia. Great mod that definitely makes the game way harder.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2019, 03:52:42 am »
Playing Reaver's megamod on 5.4.1, one of my bases (Turquino) has a live alien listed in the storage even though I don't have an alien containment facility for that base. Can't tell when that alien got there.

I haven't been able to reproduce the bug yet. I tried recovering and transferring live aliens in several ways, but am unable to generate a condition in which I have a live alien outside of an alien containment, either with OXC or OXCE. I would ask that you go through the following debug steps:
 1.) verify that your openxcom version is up to date. I know you said it's version 5.4.1, but please make sure it's displaying 5.4.1 in-game, to verify there is no load or shortcut errors.
 2.) double-check to make sure you don't have an alien containment there
 Q.) Have you updated your version after starting this playthrough? Can you be certain that the bug occurred in a recent version of openxcom?
 Q.) Have you edited your save file, or changed mods on the same save file?
Please provide any further details you can think of. I'll try to determine the cause of the bug. Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:55:15 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Salt Factory

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2019, 06:11:56 am »
October 17th, 1999. Campaign attempt #6. After 67 deaths, most of which to night operations with cyber discs I had to defeat or lose the campaign, after teching the right craft this time (vanquisher) after having only 1 soldier survive the 1st terror op, become commander, then die to a shot in the back from a ninja sectoid that somehow snuck through my entire squad while on a landed terror ship trying to stop a pact signature in Russia, after multiple base assaults trying to get a live commander, after an ethereal base defense with only rookies with heavy auto lasers, and a whole lot of blaster bombs on Cydonia. It is finally over, I finally beat this mod. I have to say, thanks for making this great addition to the roller coaster that is X-COM. Never thought I'd use a heavy laser, or a plasma weapon beyond the heavy, or have to use laser cannons for 3 of my 5 aircraft (1 custodian/vanquisher 3 marauders 1 firestorm) or use power armor instead of flying suits, but there you go. This felt really rewarding, no strategy guides or youtube videos I'd seen a million times that I then replicated, the strategy I needed to win was learned entirely through the game. I'll give this another go on superhuman at somepoint, but for now I need to take a breather. Thanks for all the hard work on this masterpiece.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2019, 07:51:10 pm »
Wow! That was quite an adventure! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Don't be too quick to jump into Superhuman without trying Genius first. I scaled up the difficulty differences quite a bit. Or go Superhuman next if you're feeling brave!