Author Topic: Ryskeliinis sprites  (Read 55050 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: new sprites and ide.. Cmbtsuit released.
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 02:06:28 am »
sorry , i used my zoom function in linux and then printscreen, i just open the picture, maybe it i zoomed to far in ;)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 12:23:10 pm »
Pick Sectoids

Volutar

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 12:49:37 pm »
what is this white blob on his head? and two white dots at the right edge?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 01:13:03 pm »
That is how it was drawn , i just tested in game

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2012, 04:29:37 pm »
Nice to see that you ported that pink sectoid to openxcom :) ...and those white dots are its "teeths" :p ..just came here to say that theres some updates at https://openxcommods.weebly.com/index.html ...

edit. made the new sectoid statused as work in progress, cos i forgot to make the inventory corpse screen and hands needs to get fixed a bit and eyes turned to darker color.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 05:18:37 pm by Ryskeliini »

Offline AlleyCat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2012, 05:22:32 pm »
i have something in mind, but meanwhile i tried making something experimental sprites... note this is just a test.
Liked this new power/flying(?) armor wery much. Can't wait full version of these sprites  :-[

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Ryskeliinis sprites
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 05:49:02 pm »
it'll come someday when ill finish the other ones. that "space" suit had only 2 sprites done from, ugh from... atleast from over 100 sprites :p. in time, ill quess ill try to make "eastern egg" sprites to xcom wich would appear in earth around year 2018 ...just guess what it is ^_^ (new units, couple "ufos" and hopefully a brand new outerspace mission) ... huge task but not now a first priority to make. guess ill head next for:

tutorial - how to make a police officer in photoshop (just to show how i do sprites for xcom)
 or Android sprite (ignore that one in front page, i have new design for it, bigger)

Offline AlleyCat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 04:13:24 am »
Will be waiting there =)
And tutorial would be great to understand basics for poor artists like me  :D

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 05:04:36 pm »
hello, been long time since iv visited here! ...just to say, iv been awfully busy on my work place these weeks and havent had a lot of time to spend on xcom lately. Hopefully sometime ill get spend more time on this. But enough of mumbling, just here to show what iv done yesterday... Sorry, no tutorial yet, but something atleast...

X-Com droid MK.I .. with ingame shot and research screen (currently uses the Alien surgery research image as replacement...)

ingame sprites still needs work, but not much... torso,head,hands are easily made, only the walking animation causes some hefty work. but design is all n all finished for this one.

btw: name that computer right side on the research screen :3
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:52:07 pm by Ryskeliini »

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 05:16:10 pm »
looks good, but are you sure that it will fit in the frame boundaries? looks awfully tall to me. fitting for an android, but it might be too big for the graphics limitations. (and it won't fit into any building or small UFO :P )

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 05:22:10 pm »
i worried about that frame boundary also too first, but it should fit just right into frame :) ...any larger would mess it up.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 05:27:44 pm »
oh, okay :)

I think the hands might be a little too far apart for holding a weapon - or does the android not use weapons at all? you might just have built-in weapons. what are you planning for it?

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 06:50:29 pm »
infact if you look closely, that droid carries a weapon under its hand :) ... its bit dark and it still needs to be bit more...revealing...tho it will be more "visible" when you see your weapon in the inventory. Weapons work like in the tanks in xcom, so its allready attached in the droid... droid basically carries a short barrel MG and the ammo comes from the backpack. ( think of this https://www.epicycle.org.uk/images/minigun2.jpg ..but not that weap. :P ). Other hand is just used for to use pneumatic punch to smash aliens jaw around the ground :p

and btw, hand that carries weapon will be changed to diffrend one... now it looks like its relaxed, but i will change it into "pointing towards" hand.

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 08:25:57 pm »
That's a sweet looking robot you got there, and I do like the idea of integrated weapons - maybe it could still use grenades - or have some form of grenade launcher/mortar attached to a shoulder or something.

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 10:33:54 am »
Why x-com scientists use Commodore 64 not Amiga ? ;)