Author Topic: Ryskeliinis sprites  (Read 55039 times)

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Ryskeliinis sprites
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2012, 03:03:19 pm »
thanks, not a bad idea to have grenade launcher also... but propably better to have seperated droid then? :) ... like X-Com Droid mk.I - HWGun and X-Com Droid mk.I - Gren.Launch as they have Cannon tank and missile tank.

Maybe droid mk.II could have amiga 500 at the research screen at the background for lulz. :3

some thinks iv mindstormed for droid section in a techtree way...

X-Com droid research -> produce X-Com droid MK.I
Elerium-115 Research -> Elerium "CPU"  -> X-Com Droid MK.II (this would prolly be a human sized droid with a stunning-fist and a laser weapon implented) -> Produce MK.II Droids....

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2012, 05:39:25 pm »
Made a quick concept of elerium Chip...

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2012, 11:53:30 pm »
Expanding & broadening the research tree is an exciting avenue. Not necessarily purely "better" stuff but more variation, several types of lasers, different plasma-tier weaponry, armour values etc.

Where do you imagine the droid being, power-wise? Less armour than a tank (but which tank, the starting tanks or later hover tanks?), but beefier than a X-Com soldier?

Less prone to panicking I imagine too. Obviously it can walk through doors unlike the tanks so that's a plus. Same negative as tanks that it can't gain XP or would the elerium chip gain maybe a reduced capability for that? (like at a 25% rate or something).

Don't want them entirely replacing X-Com soldiers, so they should either have limited firepower, toughness or skill compared to a veteran X-Com agent in Power Armour.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2012, 10:13:07 am »
I'm not sure. if it was available from the start, I might have said "a bit better than a rookie, but worse than a veteran soldier", because then it would be an early-game possibility, but since it doesn't level up, you wouldn't use it too much.

but if it's a later-game tech, I'm really not so sure. it needs to be powerful enough to be useful, but needs drawbacks, too. perhaps if it only has one fixed weapon and cannot use inventory (and thus no items), that's drawback enough? combined with not getting experience, of course.

oh, and I don't know about "elerium chip". in the game, there's no indication that elerium is anything other than a "fuel". the UFO Navigation does not use elerium. so if you need to invent a new chip for the advanced android, perhaps you should rather add something like "advanced alien computer circuits" that is researchable after UFO Navigation? or maybe even after researching a cyberdisc or sectopod corpse?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2012, 10:43:55 am »
I would love to see a HUGE variety of weapons with different Ranks and at the start of a game hit a RANDOM Tech button to start a game not knowing what tech will become available or what tech the aliens start with. Mabye in some HUGE combo game ( mix UFO and TFTD and Fan creations  into one huge game) .
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:47:17 am by luke83 »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2012, 08:13:44 am »
Creating Androids is a really cool idea! I would love to see that!

I would also like to see Operatives with Alien DNA in the very late-game. Make it possible through time consuming research of course and decide which lucky Operatives get injected and it'll have strange effects where it might make them weak in some areas but their Psionics will be powerful and as time passes, they'll start changing into a hybrid with alien skin and darker eyes that give them other minor benefits. Downsides could be lower lifespan and/or uncontrollable epileptic seizures(in base only) preventing your Operative to go on a mission for a few days, but through more long long term research you'll be able to create the perfect Hybrid Operative. I watch a lot of X-Files :D

Add some evil element to it, where you can't go into the Alien DNA research (after animal testing, which shows great results) unless you agree to experiment on unwary citizens from where ever they were kidnapped from. Your employees are too valuable to experiment on, so it's a moral choice and as secret Organization, it would be evil cool to have that kind of science going on if you decide to go with it for role-playing, lol. Would it be a necessary evil?

Anyways, great to be here waiting anxiously for the next release, and I hope I can support the modders with my positive posts!

Edit:

I would love to see a HUGE variety of weapons with different Ranks and at the start of a game hit a RANDOM Tech button to start a game not knowing what tech will become available or what tech the aliens start with. Mabye in some HUGE combo game ( mix UFO and TFTD and Fan creations  into one huge game) .

Great idea too!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:20:43 am by WeOwnTheNight »

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2012, 09:35:02 am »
I would also like to see Operatives with Alien DNA in the very late-game.

Yeah, a one-time alien DNA infusion chosen from a specific race (each race has it's own major benefit). Like a one-time augmentation for a specific stat/skill.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2012, 09:44:46 am »
Yeah, a one-time alien DNA infusion chosen from a specific race (each race has it's own major benefit). Like a one-time augmentation for a specific stat/skill.

I like it , man this game is going rock once its compatible with all our weird dreams and fantasies , best of all , my game does not have to be the same as your game :)

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2012, 11:15:12 pm »
Herro there you :3 ... u h first of all thanks for good feed back, (good or bad ,everythings welcome...) ... so yeah, iv been sketching  the mk2 research screen with google sketchup n photoshop and mk1 droid sprites a little bit... but i decided to share some DRUNKEN knowledge to you how to make researcgh screenns to xcom ...phew finnvodka is really starting to kicking in... so.. eyah...

But hopefullyt this is some way helpful (tho itg might be a bit.. uh.. badly written) who ever wants to make "new" research screens and such tp xcoim...

https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/45437701/file.html

have fun..atleat i did had fun making it :D ...

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2012, 12:59:51 am »
i've included much of your fine work into my mod:
- combat armour
- shotgun
- grenade launcher
not only that, but i've made them work as god intended. combat armour is now an additional armour type, not as good as personal armour, but better than nothing, and you can BUY it.
the shotgun is a new weapon type that fires buckshot, has limited effective range, and is totally freaking awesome.
the grenade launcher is a new weapon type that arcs it's projectiles, has a limited range, a clip size of one, and is likewise totally freaking awesome.

if my inclusion of these sprites is for some reason a problem, please let me know so i can figure out alternatives. i will, of course, give you credit when i make a readme file.

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2013, 07:43:16 pm »
No time to explain, just throwing these here from old-assumed-to-be-broken-HD ,will be back in couple days to share some of these..

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2013, 05:26:39 am »
oh... my... god...

i hope your HD pulls through... my modding gland is tingling.

Offline Nightwolf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2013, 05:48:53 am »
Well, what about Cyborgs? Once a xcom unit is deceased, one could use it like a base to a new type of unit, once you know alien sugeon, and more alien stuff technology. This could make more about moral, will you make it, as alien do? Also, why only we need to focus on alien technology?, what about trying to discover and improve earth technology in order to not use any alien stuff? (if players choose to) Hehe also i think something like civilization, when the year you are makes more easy to discover an advancement. That could work in a long campaing starting for example since roswell incident, so your starting team begins with WW2 weapons...

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2013, 12:42:28 pm »
No time to explain, just throwing these here from old-assumed-to-be-broken-HD ,will be back in couple days to share some of these..

My friend , you are clearly insane, please don't ever change , we MUST get these into game :P

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2013, 01:30:05 pm »
Well, what about Cyborgs? Once a xcom unit is deceased, one could use it like a base to a new type of unit, once you know alien sugeon, and more alien stuff technology. This could make more about moral, will you make it, as alien do? Also, why only we need to focus on alien technology?, what about trying to discover and improve earth technology in order to not use any alien stuff? (if players choose to) Hehe also i think something like civilization, when the year you are makes more easy to discover an advancement. That could work in a long campaing starting for example since roswell incident, so your starting team begins with WW2 weapons...

Yes! Robo-Cop drama would be excellent. Poor captain died, but resurrected as a battle-Cyborg!