aliens

Author Topic: Codex Choice  (Read 18492 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Codex Choice
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 03:03:15 am »
1 for 1 i strongly prefer the syn, and since the syn is general tech and not codex locked the codex picks with it are weakened by comparison.

Absolutely. The Bio Suit will have an upgraded version eventually, so the basic one is good as it is; maybe bit too expensive.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 03:28:41 am »
Absolutely. The Bio Suit will have an upgraded version eventually, so the basic one is good as it is; maybe bit too expensive.
I wouldn't have an upgrade imo. Just make it more distinct maybe an inbuilt chem weapon? Makeing something even sturdier then the biosuit wouldn't be that healthy for balance. As is, it can tank everything in the game pretty fearlessly. The syn at least is balanced by the minimal hp pool, so its still at risk with high rolls.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 10:45:26 am »
Upgraded doesn't always mean sturdier. It could mean less penalties on stats, for example. Though I would prefer to have less vulnerability to laser damage, but I guess it'd make bio suit too broken.

And no inbuilt weapons, please: I'd like to be able to use two-handed weapons on my "tanks".

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 09:36:24 pm »
Valid concerns greattuna, i was just trying to think of a way to have the suit and any potential upgrade by more unique. Regeneration and good resists are not particularly special anymore with recent additions. But the design space is also limited by the bio-suit being near the point where it allows you to cheerfully ignore any enemy weapon.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 03:42:24 am »
I didn't mean sturdier, no, and certainly not to laser. Some less stat penalties, maybe. It could be a flying one with inbuilt chemical weapon or something like that. Would need a novelty weapon, something useful but not broken.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 07:43:54 pm »
I wonder why are manufacturable mind control devices tied to Illusion?

Higher ranking church personel and reticulans do use mind tricks.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 11:09:24 am »
Not all devices, there  is Herder's Staff which can be used by anyone. Just the best devices.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 09:08:40 pm »
Herder’s staff is manufacturable now?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2017, 04:11:44 pm »
Fairly simple question, but it does deserve a thread to itself IMO:

Which Codex (tiny Drill project) do you choose and why?

Don't pick red, just pick green and you have a better experience.

Pick grey/gold if you consider toying around using witches/ghosts and fairies.

Offline tylor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 04:40:52 am »
Green is indeed pretty great, as both Fairies and Saviours are very good, especially if prefer capturing live.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 10:22:56 am »
Green is indeed pretty great, as both Fairies and Saviours are very good, especially if prefer capturing live.

And you get Super Maids, Bio-suits AND converted cyclopes on top of that.
Such an overloaded codex.

Offline AnPro

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2021, 08:54:54 am »
 :) My choice is the gray but its my firist camping.
I like the magic, and the descripción its ver y good jaja
Fairly simple question, but it does deserve a thread to itself IMO:

Which Codex (tiny Drill project) do you choose and why?

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2021, 04:49:15 pm »
Don't pick red, just pick green and you have a better experience.

Pick grey/gold if you consider toying around using witches/ghosts and fairies.

For me Red is for a new Agressor armor. If you can grab it early it is life changing.

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2021, 06:59:29 pm »
Have to say, I did really enjoy getting the Aggressor suits early on.  My first campaign as well, so I have no idea of the various niches of the higher level armors, but it might be fun to have a "codex-flavored" (and restricted to that codex) higher level armor.  Of course, that may already exist, I just may not have found/seen them yet. :)

Working around the limitations of the Scorpion hasn't been too bad, I've never been one to hide in the ship on the first turn, so getting out and clear quickly is nice.  And with some of the enemy spawning right at hand I can usually take them out fast, which is a nice jump on each mission.  And I've now built my Metallo, so I have larger transport capacity when needed.  All of the undersea missions have had low enemy counts, so the Snake has been sufficient (bought a Blowfish for a while but got rid of it for a second Snake).

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2021, 09:49:19 pm »
Have to say, I did really enjoy getting the Aggressor suits early on.  My first campaign as well, so I have no idea of the various niches of the higher level armors, but it might be fun to have a "codex-flavored" (and restricted to that codex) higher level armor.  Of course, that may already exist, I just may not have found/seen them yet. :)
Red has Purgatoria unique to it. It's fast, good resists, has a red shield, and grants stun recovery on hit, so it has a good synergy with the Blood Axe. It also counts as Exosuit...but cannot fly, and thus cannot into space. Its inability to fly is, however, a major drawback, since both waist-high fences and flying enemies exist in great abundance.