Author Topic: Codex Choice  (Read 18213 times)

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Codex Choice
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2021, 06:21:44 am »
Your “axe to the face” technique is working pretty well on fences for me. Of course, when I get to blood axe and start needing TU regen, the fence probably doesn’t do that. Thanks, though, I look forward to the higher level armors!

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2021, 10:48:39 pm »
The thing with having to axe your way through fences is that this eats up an awful lot of TUs due to how abundant they are, and this can often make or break your charge. Walls, too, are frequently annoyingly placed, but that's not a thing that flying armors help you with either. Especially when you can only chop these things facing dead on, never diagonally.

The main obstacle to the Purgatoria armor is that it competes directly against Blood Axes for your demon corpses. Make sure you execute all of the Pink Demons except possibly the one live specimen for research: A live one is otherwise useless to you, you need them to be dead, and can't kill them after the fact. This tends to require a pistol shot to the head, although a peasant with a spear can also perform this task.

Of course, the blood axe will run a regular pain train on these guys and leaves very few survivors.

Recent readings have made me curious if blood axes stack, since one of the peculiar quirks of them is that if you wield a blood axe and some other weapon, the other weapon also gains the benefit of the blood axe. But what if you dual wield bloodaxes? Do you get double the leeching? Or maybe dual-wielding it with vampire swords...

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2021, 07:25:03 pm »
So far I combined the Blood Axe with the Furiosa Armor, no Bone Shield yet.
That gal can take out an entire merc ship in a turn or two and only needs help with the flying enemies.