Author Topic: Help me git gud, question thread  (Read 77864 times)

Offline sinisteragent

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Help me git gud, question thread
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2017, 02:03:42 am »
The way some of you folks play this game is utterly baffling to me.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2017, 02:07:22 am »
Crack houses are not the only place for gun almanacs, look for Raiders, Military Transports, and some Pogroms even.  Also the land/takeoff thing doesn't do anything, the missions are chosen and spawned independently of each other, the only way for you as a player to influence how they spawn is to shoot down a ship, which can delay the next wave on the same mission, or to do research that starts/stops certain missions, neither of which do what you describe.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2017, 02:14:48 am »
The way some of you folks play this game is utterly baffling to me.
oh? do share. A different point of view is always interesting.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2017, 04:04:58 am »
Spartans and humanists tend to drop a fair number of almanacs

Offline Scorrpio

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2017, 07:21:08 am »
Just did a raider military transport.  Got like 3 almanachs off the thugs.  Not that I need them anymore...

And yeah, starting and aborting the mission has no effect on how soon something else pops.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2017, 07:24:25 am »
You can wait for a Crackhouse 100 years. They cannot spawn after month 21, same for several other easiest missions.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2017, 11:31:33 am »
Awww

I only ever see raider ships which I always do for the rare earth elements, but they never give me gun almanachs. I havent seen humanist ships in a year, and I've only seen spartan fighters on progroms. I also have never see a mercenary ship, its usually church, trader and academy ships everywhere, although they do have a base each. Maybe if I wipe out the bases it will make new ship types spawn?

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2017, 01:22:35 pm »
What are these star god supervision missions?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2017, 01:45:22 pm »
Maybe if I wipe out the bases it will make new ship types spawn?

I repeat, you cannot influence what missions spawn this way, bases only cause the supply ship missions, they do not prevent or inhibit any other mission such that you need to destroy them to get new missions. You just need to be patient and do what missions you have in the meantime.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2017, 04:07:56 pm »
What I mean is, if there are no bases then maybe new bases will spawn, and one of those bases might be a mercenary base which will allow me to get some merc captures

I got a spartan progrom and a merc progrom finally! The spartans didnt have any recoilless rifles but I did get 1 gun almanac, it didnt give the rifle either tho, just omega gun

On the merc progrom I managed to get an engineer, commando and soldier capture. Didn't manage to get a shock trooper or a leader, and I need another engineer for interrogation now. Sadly I still cant produce gauss weapons tho I can make ammo for them now

Also the star gods sent like 5 battleships on a sway local gov mission. My krakken couldnt catch any of them and I only managed to shoot down a heavy gunship. Lost the Hidden Expanse :/

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2017, 04:31:19 pm »
The final refuge are always the Data Discs. They contain all info found in Gun Almanachs, it just might take many Discs to get what you need, since they contain tons of other stuff as well.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2017, 05:14:29 pm »
Thanks, I'm still finding and decrypting discs, they usually tell me about the old war and give me game tips

A merc battleship landed. I lost 2 more soldiers, but managed to get a merc captain capture! Just gotta get 1 more merc engineer and I can stop dealing with these horrid guys

Also got more grief from star gods. I think I only need a star god leader now, but I imagine they only appear in the big ships like silver towers and until I find a way to deal with their mind control, and to KO them without shooting them and patching their wounds I won't be trying it XD

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2017, 06:17:36 pm »
What I mean is, if there are no bases then maybe new bases will spawn, and one of those bases might be a mercenary base which will allow me to get some merc captures

No, seriously, one base does not influence another, they are completely independent.  Destroying a base has completely no effect on whether or not another one spawns.  You just gotta wait for the right mission to spawn for what you want.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2017, 09:47:59 pm »
Ah ok, thanks anyway then

I got lots of merc missions and got my other engineer capture. I haven't got a shock trooper but I don't think I need one since I got info about that from a star god or something

Seems I can start assembling plasma pistols now, even tho I cant make any gauss weapons yet. I got another gun almanach and it was the railgun thing, so now my kraken has a naval gun on it. I've run out of stuff to research again, bought a provost to interrogate, and I'm waiting for a guildmaster to come, then I'll buy a cardinal after. That'll give me 3 of the cydonia codes and hopefully more high tier research options

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2017, 10:58:38 pm »
Ok I've got 3/4 of the codes, just missing star gods now, but I'm stuck on tech again. There are some things I want to research but I don't know how:

1) Annihilator suit. I've unlocked assault suit, brute suit, advanced power armour and broken guildmaster but this still isn't available
2) Gauss and Plasma Tech - no idea what I still need
3) Higher Studies - Seems like I've already researched the things I need, don't know what to do
4) Conqueror - I've got what I need for pocket battleship but that tech still hasnt unlocked, I don't know where to get a stasis pod, I don't know where star god coordinators are tho there is a star god base now so probably in there, and I don't know what a public enemy is or where to find one

I researched the stop targetting civvies and the other tech which is supposed to stop govs pulling funding, and then the traders tried it anyway so I shot down their med and large ships, and ground raided their v large ships but then it pulled funding anyway :/

I'm wondering if anyone has advice on how to deal with star gods abilities and how to effectively stun them. They panic and mind control my peeps a lot, and I cope by sheething or dropping my guns and then requipping them again on my turn to fire, but its still a nightmare, I'd imagine it's even worse with their terror units and sectopods running around, and I cant reliably stun them with anything I've tried, just shoot them and hope they pass out instead of dying. Any advice for dealing with these things?

I've attached my save file in case someone wants to jump in and look

Seems I might be near the end of the game :D