aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034400 times)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #750 on: January 05, 2018, 01:01:25 am »
Cydonia's not the same thing as 0-G, right?  Which is how a few armors (now helpfully labeled as exosuits) can be used on Mars but not in 0-G.  But what about items?  Are they all usable on Cydonia?  I can't bring my rum to 0-G, but can I at least take it to Mars?

Edit: I got more.  Is it right that sectopods (both the enemy and the HWP you can use) take normal mind damage?  I mean at least that lets me wreck them in short order with ghost daggers, but that also means I'm better off using a hovertank to distract the white-robed ethereals since it's immune to mind damage.

Is it also right that it takes so long to make a tome of lightning?  It takes like forever compared to the manufacturing times of all the other magic artifacts.

And finally, do nano-surgery devices actually get consumed when you use them?  I've noticed that, even after constant use, my stockpile of them has not decreased at all unlike the lesser medkits when I used those.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:06:28 am by BBHood217 »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 07, 2018, 11:55:54 am »
And finally, do nano-surgery devices actually get consumed when you use them?  I've noticed that, even after constant use, my stockpile of them has not decreased at all unlike the lesser medkits when I used those.

As far as I know Field-Surgery-Kit and Nano-Surgery-Kits will not be consumed and instead resupplied at end of combat.
Medikit, Adv. Medikit and other small consumables are gone once 1 sample is used.

Offline vortex

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 07, 2018, 03:33:50 pm »
Hello All,

I am wondering how to recruit a Pilot ? I am in oct 2601 and I have bought one of the ship but no one seems to be capable of piloting it.

Is this a research ?

Thanks

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 07, 2018, 04:55:10 pm »
Hello All,

I am wondering how to recruit a Pilot ? I am in oct 2601 and I have bought one of the ship but no one seems to be capable of piloting it.

Is this a research ?

Thanks

In the hangar screen there's the button "Pilots"
You must assign soldiers to the craft first before you can assign a "Pilot" to the seat.

Offline vortex

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 07, 2018, 05:24:46 pm »
Thanks Ethereal_Medic!
I tried without setting crews, and so did not found a way to add a pilot.
Time for some flying.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 08, 2018, 01:00:31 pm »
Thoughts upon meeting Reaper Cavalry for the first time:

1. Oh, a new terrain type. Zombies in a not-terror mission then?
2. OH FUCK!
3. OH FUCK, THEY SHOOT BACK!
4. Wait, Molotovs work against them too? They're so hax.
5. Can I capture them? Oh wait, I can.

Too bad it seems that researching them will take a while, and the dudes are large enough to occupy lots of space.
Currently I'm getting closer to August when I first stopped playing, I rushed my Workshop and it was worth it, I'll plan to expand another base once I unlock Still building to make my first money-producing base. That being said:

- Are Courtesans worth it? It seems they cost a lot of physical space that could better be used by Runts/Hands/Nerds, unless I discover how to build Large Barracks (haven't do so yet).

- What's the easiest way to acquire animal poison besides Monster missions? Can it be bought? I'm planning to wait until I develop flying armors, but I need access to Damaged Grav Units and I dunno if these can be bought too.

- Are Hallucinogen Grenades worth buying from the Smugglers? They cost a lot and I'm not exactly sure what they do besides Choking damage.

- Is it possible to buy Medical Supplies? I believe I already asked this question, but I forgot the answer and perhaps the situation changed with the newest build. I need theem to produce Nurse Outfits, Field Surgery Kits, Sickbays for extra researching and the like.

- Lastly, what should be the first "serious" airship for me to acquire? I'm hunting for Drifters to unlock the Shadowmasters research in order to acquire the advanced ships from my Grey Codex, but I noticed that getting the Pigeon is also an alternative, if I bothered to pay for the Chemical spenditure (although it seems to be thought for mid-game, seeing that I still have to unlock the Skyranger anyway even though the text mentions it).

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 08, 2018, 02:04:54 pm »
Q:Are Courtesans worth it? It seems they cost a lot of physical space that could better be used by Runts/Hands/Nerds, unless I discover how to build Large Barracks (haven't do so yet).

The courtesan takes space in your vaults not in your barracks. Early on the income is good to have around but you're better with enslaving them for maids.

Q: What's the easiest way to acquire animal poison besides Monster missions? Can it be bought? I'm planning to wait until I develop flying armors, but I need access to Damaged Grav Units and I dunno if these can be bought too.

Better go hunting and fight spiders, the same way you can get 'spider silk' needed for voodoo-outfits.
Animal poison cannot be bought at any stage in the game.
You can buy damaged grav units later in the game.

Q: Are Hallucinogen Grenades worth buying from the Smugglers?

These are barely worth the price and only useful against foes with low healthpools and no chocking resistance. You better stick to basic smoke grenades to use for yourself.

Q: Is it possible to buy Medical Supplies?

You need the mutant alliance favours price and some other research to unlock the option to buy/produce those.

Q: Airship?

Fortuna or any of the codex-locked ships (Jelly-fish is great and shadowbat is like a fortress you can use for sneaky potshots while avoiding line of sight.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 08, 2018, 06:18:42 pm »
- What's the easiest way to acquire animal poison besides Monster missions?

You can get someas random loot by doing the blood rituals mission. Some captives can tell you about it, which is enough for your research need early on.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 08, 2018, 08:20:15 pm »
Is there easy way to get hypno panels? Had enough luck to stockpile 10 for Voodo School but have no luck finding extra 10 for Summoning Circle.

I could buy Human Mages and rob them but maybe there is another way...

PS Is it ok that Tamed Werewolfs got 10 Melee attack power?

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 08, 2018, 08:44:03 pm »
I think high-end enemy vessels have some. Try raiding cruisers.

Re: werewolves: they actually have 120 power, don't worry. 10 is shown because bootypedia doesn't account for strengthApplied.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 08, 2018, 09:22:06 pm »
Try shooting down terror ships. Menace class can take it on by itself and win if catches up with it and you get a lot of points for shooting it down.

Raiding cruisers is also a good option as the fight is easy due to cruiser’s poor layout and few enemies spawning outside. If crewed by academy, it can be done even in early game.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 08, 2018, 11:08:41 pm »
Q:Are Courtesans worth it? It seems they cost a lot of physical space that could better be used by Runts/Hands/Nerds, unless I discover how to build Large Barracks (haven't do so yet).

The courtesan takes space in your vaults not in your barracks...

I see. Thanks for the info! It seems I better start writing down all of the info so far for this game, since there are tons of tips.  :)

Also, for cheap ships, which one would be arguably better: The Skyranger or the Pigeon?
What is your recommendation for cheap fighters then? I think the Hunter-Killer that can be cobbled together is the earliest example to replace my Aircar, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, any tips for playing monster-hunt missions besides carrying jetpacks for everyone?

Offline VandalVahn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 09, 2018, 12:28:46 am »
Hi all, just started my first baby Capt'n Kid play through a few days ago, having a blast, this mod is amazing. I was just wondering, I've basically moved all production out of my original base, but when i try to demolish my original extractor or still to make room for tech structures, I get an alert that they are currently in use, even though the other structures remain linked to the elevator and there are literally no runts in the base, lol. Am I not allowed to demolish them?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #763 on: January 09, 2018, 01:46:36 am »
I see. Thanks for the info! It seems I better start writing down all of the info so far for this game, since there are tons of tips.  :)

Also, for cheap ships, which one would be arguably better: The Skyranger or the Pigeon?
What is your recommendation for cheap fighters then? I think the Hunter-Killer that can be cobbled together is the earliest example to replace my Aircar, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, any tips for playing monster-hunt missions besides carrying jetpacks for everyone?
Yep, I have lots of notes I glean from others stored in OneNote.

I'd skip Skyranger and Pigeon.  Go with a codex vessel. Shadow Bat or Jellyfish.  Even Turtle.

HKs are good, but Jetbikes are great too.  Early on, all you will probably want to target is Green Civies and Blue Megapol.  Anything else can bring you a crackdown that you may not want.   So early airgame is just going after soft targets, and doesn't need much elaborate.  25mm or 50mm cannon are usually fine.  I often use an Aircar with 25mm for civies until midgame.

Hi all, just started my first baby Capt'n Kid play through a few days ago, having a blast, this mod is amazing. I was just wondering, I've basically moved all production out of my original base, but when i try to demolish my original extractor or still to make room for tech structures, I get an alert that they are currently in use, even though the other structures remain linked to the elevator and there are literally no runts in the base, lol. Am I not allowed to demolish them?

They might have some storage space.  You may need to sell some loots or buy some workers to get more space.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:50:37 am by ivandogovich »

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 09, 2018, 06:15:04 am »
You can't demolish a building if it is required for another building still in your base.  The Still requires the Extractor so you would have to destroy the Still first, and there are several buildings that require the Still that may be preventing its destruction.  For example, the Mess Hall or Study Room.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:17:40 am by LuigiWhatif »