Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034012 times)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #570 on: September 10, 2017, 12:04:02 pm »
Rarely, you can find them on a smuggler ship. If smuggler captian has eurosyndicate laspistol, he carries some with him.

You can also disassemble master crafted plasma pistols.

However, they are a bit too rare for what they offer unless bossar, super shotgun and custom blunderbuss recieved massive boost in power, perhaps Dioxine could make it possible to exchange bounty tokens for these.

Offline Warzameg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 10, 2017, 02:02:55 pm »
I finally found some last night, on a church destroyer I shot down.  It's a shame I have better guns (XG weapons) now I finally found some – being able to make a handful of guns that punch above the weight of your standard armaments is a cool idea.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 11, 2017, 01:42:54 am »
Does anyone know how to capture a live Strix zombie?  I tried the cattle prod but that made it explode.  I reloaded and tried a riot shield but that also left it dead.  It's possible the shield killed it, but I'm worried they may have the same "die on stun" behavior as cyberdiscs.  If that's the case, then I think the only other option is psi control.  Has anyone here caught one?

Offline JDCollie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 17, 2017, 07:20:34 am »
What is with these jungle missions where the entire map basically explodes into smoke with heavy stun damage? I'm still very early in the game without any form of respirator (I assume there are some?) so I've started just staying in my vessel and letting the smoke take care of things.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 17, 2017, 05:22:13 pm »
Does anyone know how to capture a live Strix zombie?  I tried the cattle prod but that made it explode.  I reloaded and tried a riot shield but that also left it dead.  It's possible the shield killed it, but I'm worried they may have the same "die on stun" behavior as cyberdiscs.  If that's the case, then I think the only other option is psi control.  Has anyone here caught one?

The way to stun units that explode on death is to give them a bunch of stun damage without knocking them unconscious, then lowering their HP below the stun level without killing.

Offline SomeGuy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 18, 2017, 06:38:44 pm »
What is with these jungle missions where the entire map basically explodes into smoke with heavy stun damage? I'm still very early in the game without any form of respirator (I assume there are some?) so I've started just staying in my vessel and letting the smoke take care of things.

Probably boom fruit, they make for easy early game grenades if you're lucky. But on that mission there are a lot of them scattered on the ground everywhere.

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 19, 2017, 12:37:34 am »
If I have a research topic assigned at more than one base, do the research hours combine or is each base trying to research the full topic independently?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 19, 2017, 12:47:04 am »
Each one works independently, only double up on research projects at two different bases if you want to waste all of the research days at one of those bases on a race.

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 21, 2017, 09:53:40 pm »
So, I have a metallo (yes, I regret picking red codex and will never do it again) with 500 hitpoints, as well as 8 armor. It has 2 light and 2 heavy slots. The question is how to get the most survivability for it, since I use it as a tank, rather than damage dealer.

I can mount 2 hull plates, each adding 250 hp and 2 armor and put 2 small shields for 150 shield points, for total of 12 armor, 1100 hp and 150 shield. Or I can go full shield for 500 hp + 550 shield points. Hull seems to be better, decreasing damage with each hit and granting more survivability overall, with only downside of actually having it repaired at X3 speed, instead of recharging shields in 2 hours.

Am I correct to assume that enemy ships don't have damage bonuses versus shields and if the repair is not as issue, hull plating is straight up better option for same slots than shields?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #579 on: September 21, 2017, 11:17:07 pm »
At the moment, no enemy ship has bonus vs. shields. Hull is more resistant, but repairing from 1000 hp takes several days, even at x3. Remember you cannot re-arm and most crucially, refuel unless fully repaired.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 22, 2017, 11:51:45 am »
So, I have a metallo (yes, I regret picking red codex and will never do it again) with 500 hitpoints, as well as 8 armor. It has 2 light and 2 heavy slots. The question is how to get the most survivability for it, since I use it as a tank, rather than damage dealer.

I can mount 2 hull plates, each adding 250 hp and 2 armor and put 2 small shields for 150 shield points, for total of 12 armor, 1100 hp and 150 shield. Or I can go full shield for 500 hp + 550 shield points. Hull seems to be better, decreasing damage with each hit and granting more survivability overall, with only downside of actually having it repaired at X3 speed, instead of recharging shields in 2 hours.

Am I correct to assume that enemy ships don't have damage bonuses versus shields and if the repair is not as issue, hull plating is straight up better option for same slots than shields?

You have to add at least one weapon to the Metallo to command it into combat (approaching the target) or the ship won't attack/close range to the target pulling the desired aggro of it.
Best approach as a substitute for a 'tank' would be using 1x Hullplate 1x Heavy Shield and either 2x small guns (with alot of ammo-count) or 1x light weapon and 1x light shield.

Even if the metallo suffers damage to the hull, as long as you have fuel and ammo left you can reuse the ship for the shield-value again.

Offline Spess Mahren

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 24, 2017, 11:32:37 pm »
How do people prioritize the first bounty hunting badge? Just wait it out or rush it even if you have to pour lots of cash into donations? At the moment I like rushing as many additional mission types as possible but I'm wondering if I will just be shooting myself in the foot by crowding out the bounty hunt missions.
Also when should I expect the DR. X base invasion? Have had a few games where I play the first few months before starting a new game for one reason or another and the DR. X plot line doesn't advance.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:36:40 pm by Spess Mahren »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2017, 12:16:25 am »
You need Academy Esper reaserched to unlock DR.X base mission. Expect them on bigger ships or bases, or get them from reaserching other humanoids (sectoogre being probably best bet).

Pouring cash is bad idea becouse of 100k for 10 tokens. Good to fill smal gap betewen prizes, but nothing else. 2-3max "D" missions will grant you enough tokens to unlock "C". I think bounty hunt missions doesn't cout to infamy rate(or count not much), so it's better to have more of it.

Offline Premier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 26, 2017, 07:48:48 pm »
Here's a simple question I hope wasn't asked earlier:

If you go to the production screen, set up a production process, assign a certain number of Runts and the number of items to produce, then click on Sell, a number pops up telling you how much money you'll make. Now, if you right-click on the number of items for unlimited production, what exactly does the resulting number represent? I guess it's projected profits assuming an uninterrupted producton run with the currently set number of Runts, but over what time period, precisely? 30 days? 31 days? "One month", but then how does it factor in variable month length?
Also, if an item has a production cost, does the Sell value account for that and show profit, or does it show income with no account for material costs?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 26, 2017, 10:12:27 pm »
If you set on unlimited sell the net-income stated is for the whole month.
Item cost is included in the net-income.