aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033901 times)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #555 on: August 30, 2017, 10:31:18 am »
This is the same. You don't "need" space suits, becouse crew without spaceworthy suit gets space rescue pod with build in weapon and medkit. However without space suit your gals will die, becouse enemies there see further than rescue pod, and built in weapon have very short range.
It's fairly easy mission, even two veteran gals could do it by hiding in old satellites and shoting aimed shots. Don't forget that you can't bring normal firearms into space, only melee weapons and lasers, propably plasma.

Offline JDCollie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 02, 2017, 09:15:23 pm »
Just a quick question: What research is required to purchase Assault Rifles? I've researched the rifle, obviously, but I don't know what contact I need to be able to purchase them and their ammunition.

Offline Fiery SuccubusGal

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 03, 2017, 04:01:16 am »
Heya all ! I'm new here, and discovering this amazing mod. I'm on my first game and I was wondering : is there a problem with the "Dr.X hideout" discovery ? I got the message saying that I should know where to find it (after the esper interrogation) although I'd need to somehow infiltrate the base, passing for "weak" Uber Mutant lol. Since then, no more signs of said base, is that normal ?

Edit : alright, an X-Prison mission just unlocked. I think that's what I was waiting for so forget that ! Let's go gals !
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:53:13 am by Fiery SuccubusGal »

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 03, 2017, 09:33:40 pm »
Just a quick question: What research is required to purchase Assault Rifles? I've researched the rifle, obviously, but I don't know what contact I need to be able to purchase them and their ammunition.

99% it's military supplies, prize from Zaxx. 1% it's Zaxx's favor -> Contact: Authorized dealers.

Offline JDCollie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 04, 2017, 03:17:20 am »
99% it's military supplies, prize from Zaxx. 1% it's Zaxx's favor -> Contact: Authorized dealers.
Awesome, thanks!

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 04, 2017, 10:41:18 am »
With dedicated research, you’ll be able to manufacture far batter guns before you accumulate enough zaxx tokens.

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 04, 2017, 11:34:40 am »
With dedicated research, you’ll be able to manufacture far batter guns before you accumulate enough zaxx tokens.

I think that assault rifles are used for making the said better guns and ran into same problem of finding components. I think it is 2 assault + 1 sniper to make a kustom sniping gun, which is a beast.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 04, 2017, 01:58:42 pm »
Consider the humble smartrifle instead of fancy gun like custom snipin’ gun. Faster aimed shot, better autofire for short range engagements, usefull even for mediocre markswomen and it only needs 3 units of plastasteel and one slave AI to make.

Humble smartrifle, along with equally humble death blossom SMG, with a bit of melee capacity and some panzerfausts can carry you through most of the engagements the game throws at you, from runabout landigs to assaults on heavy freighters. Fancier guns are overkill most of the time.

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 04, 2017, 06:22:38 pm »
For Siberian base mission, to get all the rewards, do I actually need to win it or just grabbing the Russian files and leaving will be fine? Doing ironman this time, don't want to miss out on spam lasers.

I remember it being very hard as it was, but now with the weather mechanics it is probably very painful, unless with full squad of power armor.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 04, 2017, 08:03:41 pm »
Just grab the files.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 05, 2017, 12:25:46 pm »
Random questions: In order to get the Bravery improvement for using medical items, does it have to be a medikit and/or a First Aid kit to do so? I suppose the Grog barrel doesn't count.

Second, are Bravery upgrades always by +10? Can you improve it more than said number in a single mission?

Third, does it takes longer to improve the closer you are to reach max bravery? Sometimes nothing seems to happen no matter how many times I heal stuff with a certain unit.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 05, 2017, 01:41:39 pm »
First aid kit items and bandages grant bravery experience. Alcohol doesn't I believe.

Bravery increases by a maximum of 10 per mission. To guarantee a bravery increase, I think you need 11 bravery experience (i.e. heal 11 fatal wounds per mission).

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 05, 2017, 06:18:34 pm »
I haven't played the most recent updates, but general rule of thumb - it has to heal wounds and can't be used on yourself.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 05, 2017, 11:40:24 pm »
The Bootypedia actually states that it has to be some sort of medical device, not alcohol.

Offline Warzameg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 09, 2017, 09:31:34 pm »
Does anyone know where you can find master-crafted weapon parts?  I'm entering the third year and have done a pretty wide variety of missions, but I've yet to find any.